CDZ My gun control plan that will stop 95-99% of gun crime and murder in the U.S.

with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

This is the mindset that is the problem.
Lol
Only a fool would think that more frivolous gun control laws will save a single soul...
Of course they would, that’s a no brainer. The debate is where we draw the line between personal liberties and government regulation.

It is not my responsibility or obligation to hire a criminal

Let them all enlist in the military for the rest of their lives

Like I said there are people who choose not to commit crimes and they deserve a ch more than someone who chose to be a criminal

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Slade is not asking you to hire the criminal over the regular guy. He's only asking that you consider the guy with a record.

For example: If you were an employer and two guys showed up wanting a job. One is Mr. Squeaky Clean... not even so much as a parking ticket and a year's experience doing plumbing. Another guy shows up with a 5 year old felony on his record, but during those five years he got a GED, became a journeyman plumber and has over three years experience, you might want to think on it.

You've never answered the question: If we lock people out of the job market, are you going to be satisfied with paying to keep them disenfranchised with no alternative except crime as a means to support themselves? We have more people in prison than any nation on this planet. MILLIONS of people will be recidivists during the course of their life.

Are you defined by the lowest point of your history? And know this: Cops say if you don't have a record, they just haven't caught you yet.

I employ people and if 2 guys show up wanting a job and one has a criminal record I will hire the other guy.

You all seem to have sympathy for people who choose t be criminals I have none. 3 of the people who you think I should give a job mugged and beat me when I was 18 and let me on the street with cracked ribs a fractured cheekbone a grade 3 concussion and a lacerated spleen that had to be removed. I still have the scar under my eye and some vision impairment from that beating.

So as far as I'm concerned a piece of shit criminal can go fuck himself
You are stuck on feelings and emotion and ignoring the sociological questions that we keep asking you over and over... if we block criminals from employment then how does that effect our society? This is cause and effect, not a question about your personal feelings. Want to try one more time to address it?

I really don't care what happens how many times do I have to tell you that?

Leave locked up, ship off to the army I don't care what happens to them.

So I think society should make examples of these pieces of shit and use them to dissuade others from choosing to commit crimes.
You don’t have to tell me what you care about because that’s not what I’m asking about. Why do you make me continue to repeat that? What you care about makes zero difference. We are looking at a society, the system we have in place and what the cause and effects are for the criminal justice system. Take your emotions out of it and stop dodging the question.

You’ve said military. Is that what you want to do. Send felons into the military? Lock people up for life for all felonies? Sack up and address the problem and stop saying you don’t care

Society is nothing but a collection of individuals.

And I never said anything about locking all felons up for life.

So now let me get this straight you think small business owners should hire felons but you balk at felons enlisting in the military?

And the cause and effect of the criminal justice system isn't the issue. The cause and effect of people choosing to be criminals is. You choose to commit crimes then you live with the consequences. If one of those consequences is you won't get hired it's not society's fault .

And yes I think sending people into the military is a viable option especially for younger offenders. 20 years in prison and a felony record or 20 years in the military.

with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

Lol
Only a fool would think that more frivolous gun control laws will save a single soul...
Of course they would, that’s a no brainer. The debate is where we draw the line between personal liberties and government regulation.
Na, not really
That’s the best way to screw over people, involve the federal government in their personal lives, there’s nothing more personal than the right of firearm ownership. Fact

The federal government has no moral credibility

Slade is not asking you to hire the criminal over the regular guy. He's only asking that you consider the guy with a record.

For example: If you were an employer and two guys showed up wanting a job. One is Mr. Squeaky Clean... not even so much as a parking ticket and a year's experience doing plumbing. Another guy shows up with a 5 year old felony on his record, but during those five years he got a GED, became a journeyman plumber and has over three years experience, you might want to think on it.

You've never answered the question: If we lock people out of the job market, are you going to be satisfied with paying to keep them disenfranchised with no alternative except crime as a means to support themselves? We have more people in prison than any nation on this planet. MILLIONS of people will be recidivists during the course of their life.

Are you defined by the lowest point of your history? And know this: Cops say if you don't have a record, they just haven't caught you yet.

I employ people and if 2 guys show up wanting a job and one has a criminal record I will hire the other guy.

You all seem to have sympathy for people who choose t be criminals I have none. 3 of the people who you think I should give a job mugged and beat me when I was 18 and let me on the street with cracked ribs a fractured cheekbone a grade 3 concussion and a lacerated spleen that had to be removed. I still have the scar under my eye and some vision impairment from that beating.

You are stuck on feelings and emotion and ignoring the sociological questions that we keep asking you over and over... if we block criminals from employment then how does that effect our society? This is cause and effect, not a question about your personal feelings. Want to try one more time to address it?

So I think society should make examples of these pieces of shit and use them to dissuade others from choosing to commit crimes.
You don’t have to tell me what you care about because that’s not what I’m asking about. Why do you make me continue to repeat that? What you care about makes zero difference. We are looking at a society, the system we have in place and what the cause and effects are for the criminal justice system. Take your emotions out of it and stop dodging the question.

You’ve said military. Is that what you want to do. Send felons into the military? Lock people up for life for all felonies? Sack up and address the problem and stop saying you don’t care

So now let me get this straight you think small business owners should hire felons but you balk at felons enlisting in the military?

And the cause and effect of the criminal justice system isn't the issue. The cause and effect of people choosing to be criminals is. You choose to commit crimes then you live with the consequences. If one of those consequences is you won't get hired it's not society's fault .

And yes I think sending people into the military is a viable option especially for younger offenders. 20 years in prison and a felony record or 20 years in the military.
I didn’t give my opinion on the matter, I’ve just been questioning yours. I’m not balking at military services I’m pressing you on your proposed “solution” as you don’t just dump felons into service. The uniform and all that come with it is earned and not just given out. Many felons may very well earn it. Others won’t.

From how you’ve answered these question it sounds to me like you haven’t thought the situation all the way through which is why I press and ask the questions that I do. Not trying to attack you or make you feel bad, just trying to expand the discussion

Lol
Na, not really
That’s the best way to screw over people, involve the federal government in their personal lives, there’s nothing more personal than the right of firearm ownership. Fact

Like I said, it’s a “Rights” issue. But you said laws don’t save lives and that’s pure BS

Lol
Na, not really

Like I said, it’s a “Rights” issue. But you said laws don’t save lives and that’s pure BS
Frivolous gun control laws like universal background checks don’t save any lives... In fact they have nothing to do with firearms they have always been about control

I didn’t give my opinion on the matter, I’ve just been questioning yours. I’m not balking at military services I’m pressing you on your proposed “solution” as you don’t just dump felons into service. The uniform and all that come with it is earned and not just given out. Many felons may very well earn it. Others won’t.

From how you’ve answered these question it sounds to me like you haven’t thought the situation all the way through which is why I press and ask the questions that I do. Not trying to attack you or make you feel bad, just trying to expand the discussion
Then please enlighten us with your solution

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Lol
Na, not really

Frivolous gun control laws like universal background checks don’t save any lives... In fact they have nothing to do with firearms they have always been about control
Nice qualifier... throw a “frivolous” in there so you can hide from the fact that regulation does save lives. How about you show some objectivity and lay out which non frivolous gun laws do save lives. Then maybe we can move forward with a rational discussion

Lol
Na, not really

Nice qualifier... throw a “frivolous” in there so you can hide from the fact that regulation does save lives. How about you show some objectivity and lay out which non frivolous gun laws do save lives. Then maybe we can move forward with a rational discussion

The problem with the word regulation and the way we use it today, it is a shy way of saying National Gun Registration. Prevention is the real answer.

We know who is going to commit acts of violence. Intervene and help them before they destroy their lives... and the lives of others. Let's help them while they're young. Let's start by getting rid of America's drug culture.

Na, not really

The problem with the word regulation and the way we use it today, it is a shy way of saying National Gun Registration. Prevention is the real answer.

We know who is going to commit acts of violence. Intervene and help them before they destroy their lives... and the lives of others. Let's help them while they're young. Let's start by getting rid of America's drug culture.
Yes I agree that we need to work on prevention. But I also don’t believe in the slippery slope that ends in confiscation. Regulations do save lives and make our communities safer. That should be admitted by all and not denied. We need to be smart about how and what we regulate while maintaining a fair balance of public safety and personal freedom.

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

You implement this with two other things...

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

That is how you stop gun crime over night.

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....

The American left would scream racism round the clock over this because prisons would be overnight overcrowded with black and Hispanic gangbangers, narco-traffickers, corner dealers and crackhead stick-up men.
If the jailed were fairly convicted, then non-criminals should not scream about it, but ...

the American right will scream about the extra taxes needed to support the overcrowded prisons.

"If the jailed were fairly convicted... "

In the next to the last criminal trial I attended all of the following took place:

1) The prosecution threatened witnesses

2) The prosecution was allowed to use hearsay

3) The judge allowed prosecutors to introduce 4 new charges at the trial where:

A) There was no evidence
B) There were no witnesses to those charges
C) There was no police report
D) There was no police investigation

4) The prosecutor was allowed to knowingly lie to the jury.

All of that happened in ONE case. Prosecutors spent $780,000 tax dollars on that one, thinking they had a slam dunk with all of that going for them. They got a $650 fine for a misdemeanor - but that was enough to screw the defendant out of his career. If that case had been pursued against most people, they would have spent 25 years in prison. This kind of crap happens every day.

It's not about justice, it's about winning the case, by hook or by crook.

I support a life sentence on any criminal who uses a gun for an actual gun crime..... and 30 years if a criminal is caught in possession of a gun, even if they are not using it at that moment for crime.

This will dry up gun crime over night. Criminals will stop using guns for robberies, rapes and murders.....and those who do will be gone forever......

Criminals will also stop walking around with guns in their pants......which is the leading cause of random gang shootings in our cities. if they are stopped by police, with a gun in their pants, they are gone for 30 years...they will stop carrying those guns, and random gang violence will end.

1) No More Bargaining Away the Gun Charge.........it must be against the law to bargain away a gun charge as part of a plea deal....this stops.

2) When a criminal is arrested for any crime, and booked in...they will be read the announcement that any use of a crime is a life sentence without parole, owning or carrying a gun as a felon is a 30 year sentence without parole....when they are released from custody...the same will be read to them again....when they meet their parole officer it will be read to them again.....the U.S. government will also buy and send out Public announcements on this policy on t.v. radio. and cable......

Mass shooters are different..... but with only 93 people killed in mass public shootings in 2018, they are not the major problem in gun crime.

The value in my plan......it actually targets the individuals actually using guns to commit crimes and murder people....

It does not require new background check laws, it does not require gun licensing, licensing gun owners, gun registration, new taxes, fees or regulations on guns...

By making gun crime a life sentence, criminals will stop using guns for crime and will stop carrying guns around for protection.....

Also....a nurse, with a legal gun, driving from Pennsylvania, to New Jersey, will not be considered a gun criminal.....that will end. Criminals with a record of crime, caught with a gun will get 30 years, no deals.....and criminals who use guns for actual crime...robbing the local store, rape, robbery, murder.....life without parole...

This, of course, eliminates the need for more gun control laws...we can already do this.....
Your plan is simple and elegant. Unfortunately the problem is complex and messy. In theory your plan should work but I predict in practice it will fail.
Problems I see:
  • Who's a criminal? Charged or convicted, felony or misdemeanor, gun crimes only count or does failure to pay child support count?
  • Criminals will recruit kids or others without a record to carry their guns.
  • If I'm a criminal with a gun facing life I'm going to use that gun to avoid arrest and I won't care who I hurt
  • Criminals ain't always stupid. What if a criminal carries only a part of a gun and his buddy has the other part?

Yep.....but if you limit the crimes to violent crimes.....rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping... you don't have that problem...since the violent crimes are what you are trying to stop.

A felon, caught with an illegal gun goes away 30 years...now we can limit that to violent felonies, but then you risk prosecutors plea bargaining violent felonies down....

I already pointed out that gangs will start to use 15 year olds more and more for shootings.....that is a problem that would need to be dealt with too....

If a criminal is willing to use a gun, knowing the penalties......then he belongs off the street no matter what you might believe.....I am talking 95% of the criminals here...the ones responsible for the majority of the 10.982 gun murders......and for the random acts of gang violence, by forcing gang members to stop carrying guns in their jeans, you eliminate impulse shootings right off the bat.

Part of a gun....30 years.

If you bust a drug house and you have felons in the house and their is a .22 pistol, unloaded? 30 years for any felon in that house....

The solution is to hang violent criminals publicly within 2 weeks of their conviction. Not doing so bloats the government and makes prison more dangerous for non-violent offenders.

Your plan is simple and elegant. Unfortunately the problem is complex and messy. In theory your plan should work but I predict in practice it will fail.
Problems I see:
  • Who's a criminal? Charged or convicted, felony or misdemeanor, gun crimes only count or does failure to pay child support count?
  • If I'm a criminal with a gun facing life I'm going to use that gun to avoid arrest and I won't care who I hurt
  • Criminals ain't always stupid. What if a criminal carries only a part of a gun and his buddy has the other part?

Yep.....but if you limit the crimes to violent crimes.....rape, robbery, murder, kidnapping... you don't have that problem...since the violent crimes are what you are trying to stop.

A felon, caught with an illegal gun goes away 30 years...now we can limit that to violent felonies, but then you risk prosecutors plea bargaining violent felonies down....

I already pointed out that gangs will start to use 15 year olds more and more for shootings.....that is a problem that would need to be dealt with too....

If a criminal is willing to use a gun, knowing the penalties......then he belongs off the street no matter what you might believe.....I am talking 95% of the criminals here...the ones responsible for the majority of the 10.982 gun murders......and for the random acts of gang violence, by forcing gang members to stop carrying guns in their jeans, you eliminate impulse shootings right off the bat.

If you bust a drug house and you have felons in the house and their is a .22 pistol, unloaded? 30 years for any felon in that house....

The solution is to hang violent criminals publicly within 2 weeks of their conviction. Not doing so bloats the government and makes prison more dangerous for non-violent offenders.

Why the two weeks???????

What are you.....a Liberal or summmpin???????

Problems I see:

Why the two weeks???????

Just to be double sure it's the right one, ease of scheduling as well..

Na, not really

Yes I agree that we need to work on prevention. But I also don’t believe in the slippery slope that ends in confiscation. Regulations do save lives and make our communities safer. That should be admitted by all and not denied. We need to be smart about how and what we regulate while maintaining a fair balance of public safety and personal freedom.

The forefathers intended the MILITIA to be regulated, not the weapons. Some of the forefathers thought the best way was to require the militia to muster a couple of times per year, but that became problematic. So, that made even founders like Alexander Hamilton concede:

The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed.”

Associate United States Supreme Court Justice, Joseph Story (who was nominated to the Court by the Father of the Constitution, President James Madison) said:

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic; since it offers a strong moral check against the usurpation and arbitrary power of rulers; and will generally, even if these are successful in the first instance, enable the people to resist and triumph over them."
- Joseph Story, Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States, 1833

"The first state court decision resulting from the "right to bear arms" issue was Bliss v. Commonwealth. The court held that "the right of citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State must be preserved entire, ..." "This holding was unique because it stated that the right to bear arms is absolute and unqualified."

Right to keep and bear arms in the United States - Wikipedia

That was 11 years before Story made his comments on the Right to keep and bear Arms.

In 1846 (only 13 years after Story made his comments) the Georgia Supreme Court ruled:

The right of the people to bear arms shall not be infringed." The right of the whole people, old and young, men, women and boys, and not militia only, to keep and bear arms of every description, not such merely as are used by the militia, shall not be infringed, curtailed, or broken in upon, in the smallest degree; and all this for the important end to be attained: the rearing up and qualifying a well-regulated militia, so vitally necessary to the security of a free State. Our opinion is, that any law, State or Federal, is repugnant to the Constitution, and void, which contravenes this right, originally belonging to our forefathers, trampled under foot by Charles I. and his two wicked sons and successors, reestablished by the revolution of 1688, conveyed to this land of liberty by the colonists, and finally incorporated conspicuously in our own Magna Charta!” Nunn v State 1 Ga. (1 Kel.) 243 (1846)

This sentiment would be accepted by the courts, up to and including the United States Supreme Court until the illegal ratification of the 14th Amendment (which nullified the Bill of Rights.)

If you look at the standing precedents prior to the 14th Amendment, the government was powerless to give you what you're asking for here. If, on the other hand, you feel that the United States Supreme Court should legislate from the bench and you don't question the 14th Amendment, then this whole discussion is moot because given those parameters you do not have any Right to keep and bear Arms. If you regulate military weapons so that only the police and military have them, you have created a POLICE STATE. The citizenry cannot insure the security of a free state with flintlocks and muzzle loaders. So, we need to think outside the box and solve the problems without gun control.

Problems I see:

Why the two weeks???????

Just to be double sure it's the right one, ease of scheduling as well..

I'll go with the jury system...

...and a little idea I have for a business venture: witness chairs hinged at the back. As soon as the jury comes back with 'guilty,' the chair with the murderer tilts back and the murderer is dumped into a pool with lawyers....er, sharks.

It allows for two nanoseconds for his lawyers to demand a re-trial....and then we move on.

Studies show that the imposition of the death sentence saves future lives of about 75 innocent victims.

Na, not really

The slippery slope always ends in confiscation....you can't name one place where they registered guns where they didn't latter come back and confiscate them.....Britain, France, Germany, Australia, Canada, New York, California, Venezuela.........

The slippery slope always ends in confiscation....you can't name one place where they registered guns where they didn't latter come back and confiscate them.....Britain, France, Germany, Australia, Canada, New York, California, Venezuela.........
I live in California. Guns are not confiscated. I own several. My buddy owns a gun shop. People can go in there and buy guns.

Forum List

Back