My cousin is mad at me because I declined an invite to her trip due to the price?

fbj

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2014
Have you ever heard of something so stupid? She is celebrating turning the big 4-0 next summer and invited the entire family to go to Jamica. So the total cost is $1850 and this is the price breakdown which confirmed I could not go. So you get mad because someone can't afford to go? I think she maybe slightly retarded. But look below at that price breakdown

$300 due on 11/2.....non refundable

$275,,,due feb 2016
$275....due march 2016
$275...due april 2016
$275....due may 2016
$450.....due June 2016

Now where the fuck is all that money supposed to come from? Oh and $180 for the passport

If I am going to save $2000 I rather it be in my savings not going toward a trip.

Not much of an "invitation" if it comes with a $2000 bill is it?

Get the passport anyway though. It's something every American should have. It helps you get out at a moment's notice.

Get the passport anyway though. It's something every American should have. It helps you get out at a moment's notice.

Nope. Plus I heard the purpose of everyone paying $1850 is so her trip can be paid for. She is fucking nuts

Nope. Plus I heard the purpose of everyone paying $1850 is so her trip can be paid for. She is fucking nuts

Oh no, that ain't right.

Wow

Wow

If I am going to save $2000 by next June it will be in my savings not toward no trip

My wife's niece decided to have her wedding on a cruise ship to the Bahamas.

Almost no one went.

If I'm going to spend that type of money it won't be to go to someone else's wedding.

The cruise ship is for the honeymoon.

I might spring for a trip for a wedding of a close relative

But turning 40?

How pretentious

That is wrong. You should let her know that a birthday gift is something you give because you want to give the gift. Not because you were asked to give it. I have a story for you. A long time ago we asked a relative what we could buy for their child who was about to turn 1 year old. Was there anything specific she'd like? We were told a contribution to the child's college fund would be great. I told my husband I would handle it. I had noted that a friends' child who I had watched loved this little rubber ball with nubby ends on it that bent out of shape when you squeezed it. It was one of those toys children age 1 or under love to play with. I bought the ball and boxed it in a nice little box and had my husband ship them the gift with a birthday card and I signed it, Happy Birthday! We hope you have a ball! Now I know the child enjoyed the ball far more than a deposit to her college account but we never received a response (or a thank you).

Have a nice evening fbj and make sure to send your cousin a card with the same wish (Hope you have a ball!). If she reacts like a two year old you can find that rubber play ball at most department stores and send her one. They cost one dollar and might work for stress relief too.

My wife's niece decided to have her wedding on a cruise ship to the Bahamas.

Almost no one went.

If I'm going to spend that type of money it won't be to go to someone else's wedding.

The cruise ship is for the honeymoon.
It sounds like her intention was to take the guests with her on her honeymoon.

Have you ever heard of something so stupid? She is celebrating turning the big 4-0 next summer and invited the entire family to go to Jamica. So the total cost is $1850 and this is the price breakdown which confirmed I could not go. So you get mad because someone can't afford to go? I think she maybe slightly retarded. But look below at that price breakdown

$300 due on 11/2.....non refundable

$275,,,due feb 2016
$275....due march 2016
$275...due april 2016
$275....due may 2016
$450.....due June 2016

Now where the fuck is all that money supposed to come from? Oh and $180 for the passport

If I am going to save $2000 I rather it be in my savings not going toward a trip.

My family got into an argument over property about 6 years ago. Lawyers this and lawyers that, is all I heard from my mother......lawsuit this and law suit that - name calling and all the other drama that goes with a lawsuit.

For about 9 years, me and my aunt - uncle ( dads brother ) and cousin did not talk. We were separate, and I just within the past three years or so.....reconciled with my cousin ( My dads, brothers son - County Employee ). He is now my best camping buddy - and I look forward to every trip. me and my cousin did not speak for about......7 years I will guess.

His brother just died.....? July ? I think was the month.... of last year. He went to his grave, as I believe ; with hatred and dislike for me ----> for what reason I do not know.

My Uncle ( my dads only brother ) went to his grave - and again...."For what ever reason" ; we had not talked in about 4 or 5 years when he passed.

Me, my cousin and his wife, my aunt now attend the same church. A family reconciled - for what ever reason, I never known, and it has not been discussed ; why I was alienated...and not welcome. My cousin whom just died last year, quit talking to me about May of the year 2001 ; right after I just started my current job.

Sue this family member, **** this family member, ect...ect..ect. For many years, it was a long drawn out drauma ; I could no longer camp on this or that part of the family farm ( about 150 acres ) ---- cause the property was in "probate" as my mom said. I could not go t this part of the family farm and hunt or camp, because the lawyers said so. Property that was once clear had a locked gate on it. Property that was once clear - had tape barring access. My dad telling me, I cannot go here or there. How stupid and immature. Documents laying next to the recliner in the den ( my mom is a privacy freek of sorts ) with legal stamps, notarization, statements...ect..ect. They documents were layed there, as I believe - TO INFLUANCE my thinking and rationalization on the whole process ; that I did not give two hoots in hell about. My mom......ALWAYS and constantly blowing things out of proportion and throwing legal affairs and court info in my face. When I stayed neutral and did not give off a facial expression as I did not cared ; it made her that much mad. Then come the "My property inheritance" is at stake. Oh well.

As I understand, from just listening - there is no longer a court case and my cousin drinks beer on my dads porch of a summer ; and my mom ( I question her motives a lot ) acts like nothing ever happened. I no longer see "Legal documents " strawn out between the recliner and the wall.....on the floor ( hmmm ) , or in the wood stand with an open face.

Shadow 355

That is wrong. You should let her know that a birthday gift is something you give because you want to give the gift. Not because you were asked to give it. I have a story for you. A long time ago we asked a relative what we could buy for their child who was about to turn 1 year old. Was there anything specific she'd like? We were told a contribution to the child's college fund would be great. I told my husband I would handle it. I had noted that a friends' child who I had watched loved this little rubber ball with nubby ends on it that bent out of shape when you squeezed it. It was one of those toys children age 1 or under love to play with. I bought the ball and boxed it in a nice little box and had my husband ship them the gift with a birthday card and I signed it, Happy Birthday! We hope you have a ball! Now I know the child enjoyed the ball far more than a deposit to her college account but we never received a response (or a thank you).

Have a nice evening fbj and make sure to send your cousin a card with the same wish (Hope you have a ball!). If she reacts like a two year old you can find that rubber play ball at most department stores and send her one. They cost one dollar and might work for stress relief too.

She invited 6 people and so far only 1 person is going and 1 person is a maybe

She invited 6 people and so far only 1 person is going and 1 person is a maybe

Then she won't be going to her own birthday celebration. Unless the one person attending wants to pick up the tab for her trip. Unfortunately this generation is somewhat self absorbed, fjb. Not everyone but a large majority of this generation were raised with a me first attitude and the parents indulged their behavior by giving them whatever they asked for.

It would be wonderful if her own parents, a brother or a sister would gently confront her about what she has done in regards to her celebration plans for her 40th birthday. Someone needs to teach her proper etiquette concerning birthday gifts, etc. Better late than never.

Otherwise? She is going to go through life wondering why no one likes her, why people avoid her and why she is so miserable! Giving her the truth would the greatest gift they could give her! Pass the word!

Actually I have to correct myself. What I wrote in the card was, Happy Birthday! Have a ball! (not hope you have a ball).

Wow

If I am going to save $2000 by next June it will be in my savings not toward no trip

WTF, aren't you getting a bonus check? Didn't you say bonus checks are for fun. Take your bonus check buy your trip and quit PMSing, you are worse than a damn pregnant lady.

He does not have to spend his bonus check on a trip that includes paying someone else's way. It's his money. He earned his bonus. He can spend it or save it. It is up to him.

He does not have to spend his bonus check on a trip that includes paying someone else's way. It's his money. He earned his bonus. He can spend it or save it. It is up to him.

Bonus checks. I use to get them too, and since they contracted my job out, I lost that income.

Bonus checks are checks In most situations......that are well earned.

Shadow 355

Bonus checks. I use to get them too, and since they contracted my job out, I lost that income.

Bonus checks are checks In most situations......that are well earned.

Shadow 355
I would think that a bonus check goes to the workers who are the most valuable to the employer so I am sure that you guys do work very hard for those.

Forum List

Back