My buddy confronted by cops

Should the cop who illegally (on tape) sprayed protesters with pepper spray be prosicuted?

No answers from all the people claiming this cop was doing something horrible by asking questions?

Honest assessment. He was within his Rights. The Cops seemed more worried about Other Peoples perception, than the Law. They did back down. Because he did get nervous the way he did, that can arouse suspicion, which one could argue, reason to check for ID. That could go either way. Funny He seemed to know more about the Law than them. :D

Honest assessment. He was within his Rights. The Cops seemed more worried about Other Peoples perception, than the Law. They did back down. Because he did get nervous the way he did, that can arouse suspicion, which one could argue, reason to check for ID. That could go either way. Funny He seemed to know more about the Law than them. :D

Hell I know more about the law then those two, and I've been out of it for 20 years.

the right defends a cop on tape BREAKING the law in NY by spaying pepper spray illegally.

Then they cry crockodile tears about some smuck thinking no one should fear him for packing in downtown and the cops cant ask him a couple of questions to make sure hes sane.

I'm not defending the action of the cop in New York he used excessive force.

if you walk arround town with an axe at the ready do you think people will notice you?

These fools want to get attention.

They want people to fear them.

If a those two skinny black guys were walking arround the down town of your home (one carrying a nightstick) would the cops stop them?

You bet they would , and you would be mad at them if they didnt

Not here. You dont get stopped unless you cause trouble black, white or what ever. I work with a guy who looks Muslim, but is not, he carries openly and they dont pester him at all. That cop was throwing his weight around, or had received a complaint. I'm on a lap top and service sucks so I could not watch it all, but 90% of the time that's the case.

I'm sure you havn't noticed because...well you don't notice most things..but MOST of those shootings occured in GUN FREE ZONES. Amazingly enough, the bad people targeted areas where it was unlikely that a law abiding citizen who was armed would be. Thus guaranteeing they would be able to kill with impunity. Here in Nevada after the horrible IHOP shooting guess what happened?

Yep, applications for concealed weapons permits have shot through the roof. WE will defend ourselves.

I'm sure you havn't noticed because...well you don't notice most things..but MOST of those shootings occured in GUN FREE ZONES. Amazingly enough, the bad people targeted areas where it was unlikely that a law abiding citizen who was armed would be. Thus guaranteeing they would be able to kill with impunity. Here in Nevada after the horrible IHOP shooting guess what happened?

Yep, applications for concealed weapons permits have shot through the roof. WE will defend ourselves.

I've never heard about a mass shouting at a gun range or a gun show have you?

I believe it is pointless for a civilian to openly carry a firearm without some specific purpose for doing so, such as an imminent and valid threat of violent confrontation or intention to transport valuable property. For ordinary personal defense purposes an openly carried gun signals an intended assailant to attack from the rear.

Concealed carry is the way to go.

Re: the transaction this fellow had with the two Eugene cops, who were personable, polite and not at all confrontational or intimidating: Except for areas of the Country where openly carried guns are commonplace (rural Montana, the Dakotas, etc.), the handgun has become a symbolic component of police authority. The power that a firearm affords a police officer within a largely unarmed population has become a subliminal extension of the police identity.

I believe this accounts for the peculiarly uncertain and almost diffident reaction of police who encounter an equally armed citizen in a place where they know it is perfectly legal. The encounter sets off a situation in which the police seem confounded. They want to assert themselves but they know they are on tenuous ground so they initiate verbal fencing, hoping to evoke a legally provocative response.

There are several such encounter videos on YouTube and the transactions are very interesting to watch. They are clear presentations of subliminal conflict rising to the surface in full view.

I believe it is pointless for a civilian to openly carry a firearm without some specific purpose for doing so, such as an imminent and valid threat of violent confrontation or intention to transport valuable property. For ordinary personal defense purposes an openly carried gun signals an intended assailant to attack from the rear.

Concealed carry is the way to go.

Re: the transaction this fellow had with the two Eugene cops, who were personable, polite and not at all confrontational or intimidating: Except for areas of the Country where openly carried guns are commonplace (rural Montana, the Dakotas, etc.), the handgun has become a symbolic component of police authority. The power that a firearm affords a police officer within a largely unarmed population has become a subliminal extension of the police identity.

I believe this accounts for the peculiarly uncertain and almost diffident reaction of police who encounter an equally armed citizen in a place where they know it is perfectly legal. The encounter sets off a situation in which the police seem confounded. They want to assert themselves but they know they are on tenuous ground so they initiate verbal fencing, hoping to evoke a legally provocative response.

There are several such encounter videos on YouTube and the transactions are very interesting to watch. They are clear presentations of subliminal conflict rising to the surface in full view.

I believe it is pointless for a civilian to openly carry a firearm without some specific purpose for doing so, such as an imminent and valid threat of violent confrontation or intention to transport valuable property.

Here's my purpose the second amendment can't get any more purpose than that.

Forum List

Back