Purposeful Silence on Gun Decision

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Fox story about the results of the Supreme Court Second Amendment decison:

"One can only imagine the coverage if crime rates had risen. In the first six months of this year, there were 14% fewer murders in Chicago compared to the first six months of last year – back when owning handguns was illegal. It was the largest drop in Chicago’s murder rate since the handgun ban went into effect in 1982.

Meanwhile, the other four most populous cities saw a total drop at the same time of only 6 percent.

Similarly, in the year after the 2008 "Heller" decision, the murder rate fell two-and-a-half times faster in Washington than in the rest of the country.

It also fell more than three as fast as in other cities that are close to Washington's size. And murders in Washington have continued to fall.

If you compare the first six months of this year to the first six months of 2008, the same time immediately preceding the Supreme Court's late June "Heller" decision, murders have now fallen by thirty-four percent.

Gun crimes also fell more than non-gun crimes.

Robberies with guns fell by 25%, while robberies without guns have fallen by eight percent. Assaults with guns fell by 37%, while assaults without guns fell by 12%.

Just as with right-to-carry laws, when law-abiding citizens have guns some criminals stop carrying theirs."
Read more: Media Silence Is Deafening About Important Gun News | Fox News

Did anyone see all the stories replete with apologies from liberals who wrung their hands about what would happen if folks could carry??

'Cause I must have missed 'em....

Just yesterday, my good pal Sarah G told me that with my attitude about carrying a gun, I should 'seek help.'

Bet she's fixin' to apologize this very moment.....

" – back when owning handguns was illegal."

Was owning handguns illegal or were laws forbiding such ownership? I would think that if the right to keep and bear arms is indeed a Constitutionally protected right (as has been ruled) it was local "law" that was in fact illegal. I'm surprised no wrongful death actions have been filed for denial of self defense.

Forum List

Back