Jim Rickards: Here's What You Need To Know From Biden's State of the Union

Clinton Derangement Syndrome?

Well, there's a rush of nostalgia.

Anyways, thanks for illustrating again how Republicans weaponized government against Democrats.
Next year it will be the democrats turn to be put into prison.

Last edited:
He would only get more revenue if particular events came to pass like they did for Bill Clinton. Clinton did not budget for a surplus.
During 1992, Democrats campaigned (and won) against the Bush Recession. After the election, data started coming in that the recession had ended six months before that. In response, they quickly passed a new budget (with increased spending) so that they could claim credit for the recovery. Fortunately, voters saw through this ruse and elected a GOP Congress in 1994. This resulted in the last US budget surpluses we have seen in more than 25 years.

Last edited:
During 1992, Democrats campaigned (and won) against the Bush Recession. After the election, data started coming in that the recession had ended six months before that. In response, they quickly passed a new budget (with increased spending) so that they could claim credit for the recovery. Fortunately, voters saw through this ruse and elected a GOP Congress in 1994. This resulted in the last US budget surpluses we have seen in more than 25 years.
My point is Clinton was lucky to have a windfall tax revenue that he nor his budget team expected. I know because when he was president, I took advantage of having the monthly budget reports mailed to me as well as the annual budgets and projections. Democrats brag he had a surplus. And he did. Due to unpredicted revenues that I explained the source of the revenues.

Clinton Derangement Syndrome?

Well, there's a rush of nostalgia.

Anyways, thanks for illustrating again how Republicans weaponized government against Democrats.
Explain the meaning.

Bill Clinton was the first victim of the then-new Republican tactic of using government to attack political opponents. After seeing a partial success using it on Bill, Republicans made it their go-to standard tactic.
You must be pretty young to believe that. I have lived as they attacked FDR and Truman and Ike and Nixon among others. Reagan was attacked as was Ike. Earlier than Ike the Democrats had this country locked up tight under their control. If you recall Hoover, he was blamed by Democrats for the Great Depression. Hoover did vindicate himself after excellent economists had done it well.

Forum List

Back