Mormons...racist and sexist ?

anyone that needed "the prophet" in the 70s to tell them racism was not cool and needs "the prophet" to tell them in 2011 and counting woman are equal is not fit to lead a nation

If you feel Romney is not fit, don't vote for him. That is the best thing about America - we are each free to vote as we see fit. I personally dismiss his religion as inconsequential. What matters to me are his skills, his experience, whether he has demonstrated the ability to lead. I'm interested in whether he has shown the ability to work across a variety of opinions, demonstrated some personal humanity, and a variety of other issues that I feel are valuable to a President.

So far, Romney is the only one that meets my requirements to lead. If you feel inclined not to vote for him because he wears underwear that you disagree with, so be it.

anyone that needed "the prophet" in the 70s to tell them racism was not cool and needs "the prophet" to tell them in 2011 and counting woman are equal is not fit to lead a nation

If you feel Romney is not fit, don't vote for him. That is the best thing about America - we are each free to vote as we see fit. I personally dismiss his religion as inconsequential. What matters to me are his skills, his experience, whether he has demonstrated the ability to lead. I'm interested in whether he has shown the ability to work across a variety of opinions, demonstrated some personal humanity, and a variety of other issues that I feel are valuable to a President.

So far, Romney is the only one that meets my requirements to lead. If you feel inclined not to vote for him because he wears underwear that you disagree with, so be it.

Isn't it telling that bigotry towards religion is acceptable while complaining about.... bigotry.

As for sexiest I am afraid EOTS must not like MOST US religions as MOST do not allow women in the Priesthood.

Once again the bible is clear, women have many callings one of which is NOT the Priesthood. Or is it sexiest to deny men those callings too? Or is that just different?

if you feel romney is not fit, don't vote for him. That is the best thing about america - we are each free to vote as we see fit. I personally dismiss his religion as inconsequential. What matters to me are his skills, his experience, whether he has demonstrated the ability to lead. I'm interested in whether he has shown the ability to work across a variety of opinions, demonstrated some personal humanity, and a variety of other issues that i feel are valuable to a president.

So far, romney is the only one that meets my requirements to lead. If you feel inclined not to vote for him because he wears underwear that you disagree with, so be it.

I am concerned about a man that needs the word of a living prophet to make his own moral decisions on right and wrong.. but that is exactly what he did and does on the issues of racism and sexism

Dunno if they are racist or not, but I know that their tithing requirements are positively Draconian....

Tithing always comes first in Mormonism. Any member who is struggling in any way (job loss, broken down car, depression, etc) will always be counseled to pay tithing in order to receive blessings. All blessings, privileges and callings in the LDS Church are centered around tithing. Without paying a full tithe, a member cannot be a “member in good standing”.

Mormons are required by Commandment of God to pay 10% of all their GROSS income to the LDS church. This includes all income, including, employment, social security, Medicare, food stamps and trust funds and any other form of income, even including finding money on the ground.

The Church Of Jesus-Christ of Latter-Day Saints brings in an estimated 6.5 to 7.0 billion dollars a year in annual tithing revenues. The Church refuses to disclose to the public or its members how much money it receives annually and what those funds are used for. Because the LDS Church is a tax-exempt organization, it does not have to publicly disclose financial books.

In 2005 the LDS Church purchased two shopping malls in Downtown Salt Lake City for $500 million dollars. The Church plans to spend $1 to $3.5 billion dollars renovating them. In official statements from LDS Church, the Church claims that not one dollar of member tithing funds went into the deal.

Mormons are required to attend a Tithing Settlement with the Bishop each year. A member is questioned in a one-on-one interview with the Bishop to ensure the member is paying a full 10%. Those members who are not paying a full 10% loose their temple recommends and are prevented from entering the Temple.

Mormons who loose their temple recommends are in serious jeopardy of loosing their Celestial blessings. A Mormon who does not pay tithing cannot enter the temple. If a member cannot get into the temple, the member cannot learn the secret handshake, secret password, secret "new name" and special “sealings”. Without these, the member will be unable to pass Joseph Smith and the angels who guard the entrance to the Celestial Kingdom.

Mormons are commanded that tithing must come first before anything else. Utah has the highest rate of bankruptcies in the United States. Mormons often are told "I cannot pay my bills until I've paid my tithing." Mormons will even pay their tithing rather than give the money to a relative who is on the verge of eviction. Mormon published magazines (Ensign, New Era) constantly stress that tithing must always be paid.

Recently, Mormon Senator Orrin Hatch passed legislation that allowed members to pay a full tithe even while they were in bankruptcy court. (See S. 4044).

Mormons are told: "if a destitute family is faced with the decision of paying their tithing or eating, they should pay their tithing." (Lynn Robbins, General Conference, April 2005).

Mormons who have not paid tithing will be denied a temple recommend and will be considered "unworthy". However; Mormons who pay "back-tithing" (some as much as $5000 or more) are instantly found to be worthy and can receive their temple recommends back once the money has been paid. The Mormon Church uses this as an extortion method when it comes to temple marriages. Parents or family members who have not paid tithing are required to pay back tithing - sometimes in the thousands of dollars - which must be paid before a temple recommend can be issued in order to see their own children married.

Mormons are further threatened that if they do not pay a full tithe, they will be burned with fire when Jesus Christ comes again. Mormons see Tithing as "fire insurance".

Mormons who claim that tithing is purely "a personal choice" are deceiving themselves and outright lying.

The Mormon Curtain - MORMON TITHING

I wonder if this is why Romney is so reluctant to release his tax returns? With all the money he's hidden offshore, I'd be willing to bet that his bishop would like to have a chat with him.

If someone believes that the Mormons are racist and sexist they should not convert to Mormonism.

Isn't it telling that bigotry towards religion is acceptable while complaining about.... bigotry.

As for sexiest I am afraid EOTS must not like MOST US religions as MOST do not allow women in the Priesthood.

Once again the bible is clear, women have many callings one of which is NOT the Priesthood. Or is it sexiest to deny men those callings too? Or is that just different?

I have no problems with women ministers. Each church has the right to decide for themselves what they believe and how they will practice their religion.

Interestingly enough, I've done a bit of looking and the Mormons ARE racist and sexist!

Why would anyone join a church like that?

Interestingly enough, I've done a bit of looking and the Mormons ARE racist and sexist!

#1) They take care of their own. I like that about them. Everyone is suppose to have a years supply of food on hand and if one of their people hits bad times, the church steps in and helps.

#2) They take their ministry seriously, sending people all over the world and the US. I remember when 2 mormon men came to my door and said "is there anything we can do to help you". I said "Yes, I have an autistic son who is too big for the swingset and he loves to swing, if you can deliver the beams and build a big swingset, I'll pay for all the materials" they said they'd discuss it with their church and never came back, but when 3 young mormon women came and said "Is there anything we can do to help you.." I said, "Sure, you can come in and help me finish cleaning my house." You know they did. I was surprised and invited them back for dinner. They came and we had a wonderful time.

There are good and bad in every religion, just like there's good and bad in all peoples.

#1) They take care of their own. I like that about them. Everyone is suppose to have a years supply of food on hand and if one of their people hits bad times, the church steps in and helps.

#2) They take their ministry seriously, sending people all over the world and the US. I remember when 2 mormon men came to my door and said "is there anything we can do to help you". I said "Yes, I have an autistic son who is too big for the swingset and he loves to swing, if you can deliver the beams and build a big swingset, I'll pay for all the materials" they said they'd discuss it with their church and never came back, but when 3 young mormon women came and said "Is there anything we can do to help you.." I said, "Sure, you can come in and help me finish cleaning my house." You know they did. I was surprised and invited them back for dinner. They came and we had a wonderful time.

There are good and bad in every religion, just like there's good and bad in all peoples.

By the way, have you seen the tithing requirements the church imposes? You've still got to pay 10 percent to the church, even if you're broke and going through bankruptcy.

On another note Sniper Kitty, did my advice help with your cold?

addressing the racist and sexist nature of Mormonism is not bigotry and in many other a mainstream religions members of character have spoken out against these inequality's and taken stands on their own from within their organizations...but Romney(like most mormons ) sat silently and waited until 1978 for another man to tell him god said blacks are equal now and now still he does the same with woman...

Last edited:

By the way, have you seen the tithing requirements the church imposes? You've still got to pay 10 percent to the church, even if you're broke and going through bankruptcy.

On another note Sniper Kitty, did my advice help with your cold?

No, it's still here. I would have been to the doctor by now but my appointment was cancelled due to snow and ice.

“We recommend that people marry those who are of the same racial background generally, and of somewhat the same economic and social and educational background (some of those are not an absolute necessity, but preferred), and above all, the same religious background, without question” (“Marriage and Divorce,” in 1976 Devotional Speeches of the Year [Provo: Brigham Young University Press, 1977], p. 144).

It’s racist (and classist)

Well, why you are at all of this, make sure to expound upon the Racist views of Pro Abortion Margaret Sanger or i guess you probably won't cuz somehow that won't apply right?

“We recommend that people marry those who are of the same racial background generally, and of somewhat the same economic and social and educational background (some of those are not an absolute necessity, but preferred), and above all, the same religious background, without question” (“Marriage and Divorce,” in 1976 Devotional Speeches of the Year [Provo: Brigham Young University Press, 1977], p. 144).

It’s racist (and classist)

I see nothing wrong or "racist" about the above statement.

The Racist, sexist card gets a bit tiring. Don't you have anything else in your deck? Maybe he is an ax murderer, pedophile and has parked in a handicapped spot one time while at the DMV or something.

the racist, sexist card gets a bit tiring. Don't you have anything else in your deck? Maybe he is an ax murderer, pedophile and has parked in a handicapped spot one time while at the dmv or something.

I think any man that would so blindly follow a prophet in the belief blacks where another species until 1978 when he was told by another prophet to now responded differently and then and only then did so. furthermore still to this day He participates in the exclusion of woman,until perhaps a prophet tells him otherwise.this is not someone that should be leading a nation

Last edited:

Forum List

Back