More Rush...why the left is envious...

Air America was such an astounding success.

Rachel Maddow got a successful tv show out of it, something Limbaugh failed miserably at.

Al Franken got to be Senator.

I wonder what her ratings are? Al Franken? BWHAHAHAHAHA! The guy cheated to get into office. Nobody listens to that clown other then the people who got him elected.

Rachel Maddow got a successful tv show out of it, something Limbaugh failed miserably at.

I wonder what her ratings are? Al Franken? BWHAHAHAHAHA! The guy cheated to get into office. Nobody listens to that clown other then the people who got him elected.

Rachel's ratings are the best of any cable news program or news commentary other than Fox, so I think it is accurate to call her successful. She doesn't beat any Fox commentators or newscasters in any time slot. She is in the #1 prime time slot on MSNBC and her ratings are about half of O'Reilly's ratings when his program repeats at midnight.

As for whether Rush's TV program was a failure, it actually wasn't. He gave it up because #1 it was a pain to do and #2, because he wouldn't give away his editorial privileges, he never could get a really good time slot. Cable was in its infancy at that time. He was pretty much at the mercy of individual stations who had a slot for him or didn't.

It would be interesting to see if Rachel could pull any audience at all in the time slots the Limbaugh TV program aired and without benefit of any network or cable syndication.

Last edited:

Once seen as an interloper, due to his national status from SNL and his horrible movies, Al Franken has become very popular with both the right and the left here in MN since he was elected. He stays very very local, which was quite a shock to even his staunchest supporters. He doesnt give national interviews and spends a great deal of time when not in Washington, here in the state meeting with people of both sides trying to find ways to better the state.

Oh and he didnt cheat to get into office. The margin was less than 0.5 percent which triggered an automatic recount. The process went through three seperate court hearings ALL initiated by Coleman ( Frankens opponent ) and each time, more ballots that had been rejected were allowed and each time, Frankens lead increased.

Even Coleman later said that the process was clean and fair.

Rachel's ratings are the best of any cable news program or news commentary other than Fox, so I think it is accurate to call her successful. She doesn't beat any Fox commentators or newscasters in any time slot. She is in the #1 prime time slot on MSNBC and her ratings are about half of O'Reilly's ratings when his program repeats at midnight.

As for whether Rush's TV program was a failure, it actually wasn't. He gave it up because #1 it was a pain to do and #2, because he wouldn't give away his editorial privileges, he never could get a really good time slot. Cable was in its infancy at that time. He was pretty much at the mercy of individual stations who had a slot for him or didn't.

It would be interesting to see if Rachel could pull any audience at all in the time slots the Limbaugh TV program aired and without benefit of any network or cable syndication.
It actually was a complete failure. He was shit-caned for low ratings. You can't fudge TV ratings like you can radio. Other CON$, like Morton Downey Jr were able to get big ratings in the exact same time slot, so it is pure bullshit to blame his time slot. He was a complete failure on TV, and he knew it, which is why he will never go back to TV.

Franken was the smart and classy one during that campaign. He kept his mouth shut and let the Republicans keep digging for months. They finally had to give it up they looked so bad.

LOL Limbaugh had his show first

Limbaugh goes back to 1986...

And now earns somewhere in the neighborhood of $64 million a year and ranks 14th I think in Forbes list of most powerful/influential celebrities (I don't thonk Rachel Maddow makes that list.). He supports a lot of charities and foundations that he rarely mentions. The only one that he actively promotes with a huge fund raiser each year I believe is the Leukemia Foundation.

Last edited:
All Things Considered and Morning Edition on NPR get approximately the same size audience as does Limbaugh.
So? The size of the audience does not affect the value of the message.

So, the fact that Limbaugh has a large audience has no bearing on the substance of his commentary? :lol::lol::lol: Thanks for being honest.

Here's a simple fact that you should chew on. At the dawn of TV, the medium was seen as having an unprecedented potential as an educational tool. In fact, that's how television was perceived by early pioneers. It hasn't worked out that way. It's primarily an entertainment medium. And it's latest entertainment craze incarnation, reality TV, is certainly not much of an improvement over shows like Springer's show, or Geraldo's 80's show, or Jenny Jones' show (which led to a murder, by the way), etc. I think you get the picture.

It might also interest you to know that radio was once perceived the same way, as a potentially mass audience educational medium. That didn't work out either, did it. Father Coughlin's broadcasts from the 30's is a case in point.

Now, the Internet is here. I would LOVE to celebrate it (especially since I'm using it this very moment), but there's a problem. Every nut with web page, a grudge, and a crazy theory, is disseminating their ideas as if they're grounded in fact, and they're are countless numbers of trusting, gullible people who unquestioningly believe what they hear and read with nary a thought that they should be skeptical of what they're hearing AND the motivations of the people who spread those ideas.

If you want a glaring example of this theory, you should listen to George Noory's "Coast to Coast AM" with all its 'guests' who spout stories of the paranormal and conspiracy theories. Ironically, I was reading Sagan's "The Demon-Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark" when I stumbled across Noory's show for the first time.

Rush is just the latest person (and far and away the broadcaster who is the most financially rewarded) to ever find a audience willing to listen and believe whatever he says, regardless of its merit, or lack thereof.

All Things Considered and Morning Edition on NPR get approximately the same size audience as does Limbaugh.
So? The size of the audience does not affect the value of the message.

So, the fact that Limbaugh has a large audience has no bearing on the substance of his commentary? :lol::lol::lol: Thanks for being honest.

The nature of Rush's large audience though does have a bearing on the substance of his commentary.

He was the very first on the national scene to provide a voice for the conservative point of view. His audience is not large because he tells people what to think. His audience is large because he affirms what they already think and have been hungry to hear as well as having an excellent research team who keeps him current and fresh in his approach.

Like many on radio and television, he sometimes crosses the line into bad taste and can even be offensive and most of his listeners don't appreciate that. But it is so seldom within the large quanity of quality programming that they allow him to be human. Being human is something his opponents do not allow him while giving great leeway to their own ideological representatives.

His audience has shrunk by about 1/3 over the last 10 to 15 years only because he paved the way for many other conservative commentators both nationally and locally. Naturally the new competition that he largely made possible has diluted the base somewhat, but I don't believe he has ever had to take any kind of pay cut since he became nationally syndicated, however, and he has never ever lost his #1 rating position in his genre. Despite all the controversies, mostly stirred up by faux outrage from the left, any station who features Rush is going to most likely quickly become the #1 station in its market area.

It is laughable when the leftwing media chortles and celebrates that Rush 'lost a sponsor or sponsors'. There is a long line of sponsors who are eager to get the high profile visibility they would get by advertising during the Rush Limbaugh program.

Limbaugh goes back to 1986...

And now earns somewhere in the neighborhood of $64 million a year and ranks 14th I think in Forbes list of most powerful/influential celebrities (I don't thonk Rachel Maddow makes that list.). He supports a lot of charities and foundations that he rarely mentions. The only one that he actively promotes with a huge fund raiser each year I believe is the Leukemia Foundation.

Correct. Like or loathe him? He 'Gives Back to the community' as the left continually harps upon.

And what of his "Two If By Tea" products?

Guess whom benefits from those sales?

TwoIfByTEA.png

-- the Marine Corps-Law Enforcement Foundation, which provides college scholarships for the children of Marines killed in action.​

LINK

Ironically Limbaugh built his radio career around a set of standard pro-conservative complaints,

one prominent one being the complaint about the supposed dominance of the liberal media

Once conservatism became the dominant force in radio, suddenly, predictably, conservatives decided that anyone who complained about that was a cry-baby.
Actually......his career was built-around (a spurned DJs)......

080116rush.jpg

....BULLSHIT!!!!!!

"Rush said that he though most people are incredibly gullible, and he felt that the key to radio programming was to reach that crowd, and that it would be really, really easy. He thought he could get anyone to believe anything he said, and the more outrageous is was, the more they would believe it."

eusa_doh.gif

Stupid Fuckin' Dead-O-Heads.....and Teabaggers.

Last edited:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=318DYr_K8J4]Franken Takes Down Anti-Gay Witness For Mischaracterizing Study - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGBk6CqRdqU]Al Franken DESTROYS John Thune on the Senate floor. - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCHV5hPFbs8]Al Franken dissects Fox News Report - YouTube[/ame]

827.gif

If you are a person who thinks Rush is not counted on by a few million dummies to TELL THEM WHAT TO THINK and WHAT TO SAY, then you are not a critical thinker.

Rush succeeds because he says what the majority of us by and large think.

THAT the left can't stand...so they have been on a campaign since he started to bring him down...

26 years and counting...he is still there and more popular.:eusa_hand:

Franken was the smart and classy one during that campaign. He kept his mouth shut and let the Republicans keep digging for months. They finally had to give it up they looked so bad.

No doubt! I'm a native Minnesotan, and Norm Coleman was an embarrassment. I can't tell you how glad I am to have Franken representing my fine State.

You mean......the one WHERE HE GOT HIS ASS KICKED....'cause he DIDN'T HAVE A "SCREENER"?????

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNK4byQkn7w]A Bully Gets Bullied - YouTube[/ame]

529.gif
529.gif
529.gif
528.gif

If you are a person who thinks Rush is not counted on by a few million dummies to TELL THEM WHAT TO THINK and WHAT TO SAY, then you are not a critical thinker.

Rush succeeds because he says what the majority of us by and large think.

THAT the left can't stand...so they have been on a campaign since he started to bring him down...

26 years and counting...he is still there and more popular.:eusa_hand:

Popular. Rich. Altruistic. Controversial. Patriotic. Occasionally offensive. Well researched but sometimes wrong. Very often spot on in his assessment. A heart as big as all outdoors. As human as the next person, trapped in an addiction, unsuccessful in long term relationships,. And an unrelenting and consistent voice for conservatism. So many adjectives characterize who and what Rush Limbaugh is. But again his audience allows him to be human. His opposition focuses on every human flaw (or makes them up) and dismisses all the considerable successes as irrelevent.

Re the disgruntled DJ remark up there is pretty accurate I think. It was a job sort of like the USMB Coffee Shop where we try to keep controversial topics to a minimum. But if that is all you have, it would get boring really quickly.

I can so relate to a passion of wanting to do commentary on the life and times of the American people, and when he finally managed to find a niche in which he could do that, the concept took off like gangbusters and he has achieved success beyond his or anybody's wildest dreams.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back