More Rush...why the left is envious...

3 hateful words for our friends on the left.....

RUSH IS SUCCESSFUL

carry on :)

If a man can make a bundle by rounding up more gullible customers into the arms of his get-rich-quick-scheme advertisers then any other single radio host, I guess that's an accomplishment. But it's not an accomplishment to be proud of despite the fact that it obviously pays exceptionally well.

You're right! No one should be proud of being successful in our FREE MARKET capitalistic system.

RUSH IS SUCCESSFUL

If a man can make a bundle by rounding up more gullible customers into the arms of his get-rich-quick-scheme advertisers then any other single radio host, I guess that's an accomplishment. But it's not an accomplishment to be proud of despite the fact that it obviously pays exceptionally well.
And folks? That was the jealous Mustink...that thinks free enterpise/Liberty MUST take a backseat.

Well stated Stink. Well stated.:clap2:

RUSH IS SUCCESSFUL

And folks? That was the jealous Mustink...that thinks free enterpise/Liberty MUST take a backseat.

Well stated Stink. Well stated.:clap2:

There are a plenty of scams in this country hiding behind the concept of 'free market enterprise'. Diploma mills are a case in point. They legally advertise on TV too. They've gotten some recent press thanks to Obama.

Now, perhaps you don't care if your neighbor's kid gets taken in by one of those diploma mill schools and gets an essentially worthless education which won't help him get a job in that field while also getting saddled with $10,000 of debt or more. That wouldn't surprise me since conservatives rarely seem to have compassion for their fellow Americans...unless that American is a conservative, that is. But guess who often picks up the tab when those diploma mills target potential students like veterans (which they OBVIOUSLY do) who are eligible for gov't guaranteed student loans of one kind or another!

Last edited:
Everything comment he makes is based upon his reading, and on his site gives ALL sources...

He is asessed at being 99.7% accurate in his opinions. It's Documented by the Sullivan Group that he has commissioned to track it.

YOU can't stand it because your masters at Media Matters have taught you NOT to think for yourself.

You fail and are jealous as you can stand without imploding upon yourself on the open boards.:eusa_hand::lol:
A perfect example of the gullibility and stupidity of the typical DittoNutzi!!! :rofl::lmao;

The "Sullivan Group" is a real estate agency run by his fellow CON$ervoFascist hate radio shock jock Tom Sullivan. His "accuracy rating" is as phony and made up as his "documentation." You morons will swallow whatever bullshit your MessiahRushie feeds you! :cuckoo:

And his "sources" are either fellow CON$ervoFascist liars parroting their GOP scripts or if they are real sources then your MessiahRushie misrepresents what they said knowing that you are too stupid or lazy to check.

Here is an example from a real source. Your lying MessiahRushie claims BOTH satellite radio companies count cars that have not been sold as subscribers when the very SOURCE he linked to said quite clearly that XM does NOT!!!!!

Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page

Story #7: 1 in 10 Satellite Radio Subs in Unsold Cars

RUSH: You know these satellite radio guys? I have no brief against them, don't misunderstand. I've explained why this program is not on satellite radio a number of times, not that it never will be, but in this current iteration, three-hour program Monday-Friday, it can't be because we would be cannibalizing the terrestrial radio stations that have made this program, so I've assured them of that. But they report their subscriber numbers. I think the combined total for satellite radio to both of those companies is around 13 million or eight million. I'm not sure. Anyway, it doesn't matter what the total number is, because one in ten satellite subscribers are in un-owned cars still sitting on the car lot. The way these people report it is the number of radios sold, or manufactured. Most of these satellite radios are in automobiles since they're manufactured, but one in ten of satellite subscribers live in car lots, either in cars that haven't been sold by anybody yet.

Scoping Sirius' Curious Car Count - TheStreet

Scoping Sirius' Curious Car Count
Page 2

Sirius CFO Dave Frear says he recognizes that the two companies have different policies when it comes to counting subscribers, but he downplays the significance.

Frear says Sirius' lot-counting practice doesn't apply to all cars with factory-installed radios. He adds that overall it represents less than 10% of total subscribers.

"There's a distinction without a difference," says Frear.

But an XM representative disagrees.

"It's important for people to understand that we have a different way of counting subscribers," says the XM rep. "We count people who have made an active effort to try the service, not by counting cars on the lots."
And this means what exactly?
It means my local real estate agent from the Rupert Group has certified that my opinions are 100% accurate! :lol:
Whenever CON$ have been shown to be complete fools, they play dumb.
Thank you.

A perfect example of the gullibility and stupidity of the typical DittoNutzi!!! :rofl::lmao;

The "Sullivan Group" is a real estate agency run by his fellow CON$ervoFascist hate radio shock jock Tom Sullivan. His "accuracy rating" is as phony and made up as his "documentation." You morons will swallow whatever bullshit your MessiahRushie feeds you! :cuckoo:

And his "sources" are either fellow CON$ervoFascist liars parroting their GOP scripts or if they are real sources then your MessiahRushie misrepresents what they said knowing that you are too stupid or lazy to check.

Here is an example from a real source. Your lying MessiahRushie claims BOTH satellite radio companies count cars that have not been sold as subscribers when the very SOURCE he linked to said quite clearly that XM does NOT!!!!!

Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page

Story #7: 1 in 10 Satellite Radio Subs in Unsold Cars

RUSH: You know these satellite radio guys? I have no brief against them, don't misunderstand. I've explained why this program is not on satellite radio a number of times, not that it never will be, but in this current iteration, three-hour program Monday-Friday, it can't be because we would be cannibalizing the terrestrial radio stations that have made this program, so I've assured them of that. But they report their subscriber numbers. I think the combined total for satellite radio to both of those companies is around 13 million or eight million. I'm not sure. Anyway, it doesn't matter what the total number is, because one in ten satellite subscribers are in un-owned cars still sitting on the car lot. The way these people report it is the number of radios sold, or manufactured. Most of these satellite radios are in automobiles since they're manufactured, but one in ten of satellite subscribers live in car lots, either in cars that haven't been sold by anybody yet.

Scoping Sirius' Curious Car Count - TheStreet

Scoping Sirius' Curious Car Count
Page 2

Sirius CFO Dave Frear says he recognizes that the two companies have different policies when it comes to counting subscribers, but he downplays the significance.

Frear says Sirius' lot-counting practice doesn't apply to all cars with factory-installed radios. He adds that overall it represents less than 10% of total subscribers.

"There's a distinction without a difference," says Frear.

But an XM representative disagrees.

"It's important for people to understand that we have a different way of counting subscribers," says the XM rep. "We count people who have made an active effort to try the service, not by counting cars on the lots."
And this means what exactly?
It means my local real estate agent from the Rupert Group has certified that my opinions are 100% accurate! :lol:
Whenever CON$ have been shown to be complete fools, they play dumb.
Thank you.

WHOM certified WHAT?:lol:

Self-Agrandizing are you?:lol:

MORON.

*I* Don't buy it for a second.

You know what? I am envious of the 600 stations that the RW owners put him on. I'd like to see those same owners put progressive talk on at least half of them.

Oh, that would show balance...can't do that.

You know what? I am envious of the 600 stations that the RW owners put him on. I'd like to see those same owners put progressive talk on at least half of them.

Oh, that would show balance...can't do that.

I guarantee you that if they put on progressive programs that would pull in the ratings, they would do it. But there's too little audience for a progressive sociopolitical program which is why Air America failed. No audience, no advertisers. Why would anybody want to pay big bucks to advertise on a station during a slot nobody is listening to?

Our local No. 1 station honestly did try. They have now tried four different progressive hosts in very favorable time slots. All four were really good. All four initially enjoyed a good audience but not one of them could keep it; the advertisers refused to have their ads run during that time not because of the content, but because there weren't any listeners But when they put a conservative, even re-runs from some syndicate, into those slots, the ratings shot up. The #2 station in this market area experienced pretty much the same thing.

A whole lot of people who think they are Progressive are bored silly within a short time by progressive radio content. Why? In my opinion they are actually more conservative than progressive. And while they may be more annoyed by some of the content of the Limbaugh program or Hannity program etc., they will hear more there that they can relate to than what they hear that annoys them.

Last edited:
Wow, Koshergrl got banned?

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about Rush. I think he's occassionally enteraining and sometimes insightful.

I think sometimes he goes over the line.

From a business perspective, he's working on an old model. He's one of the few radio hosts that demand a franchise fee from stations that carry his show. Most provide content for free while splitting advertising time. Hense, a lot of smaller markets will start dropping his show in favor of guys they can get free content from.

Wow, Koshergrl got banned?

Anyway, I have mixed feelings about Rush. I think he's occassionally enteraining and sometimes insightful.

I think sometimes he goes over the line.

From a business perspective, he's working on an old model. He's one of the few radio hosts that demand a franchise fee from stations that carry his show. Most provide content for free while splitting advertising time. Hense, a lot of smaller markets will start dropping his show in favor of guys they can get free content from.

He absolutely does wander across the line and also into areas of bad taste at times. But he also does 15 hours of an intense radio program covering essentially every controversial issue on the planet. The mistakes, crossing the line, and brief periods of bad taste (usually intended humor) are a teensy percentage of that.

I used to do an hour radio program once a week on subjects that were rarely controversial and didn't require a lot of extemporaneous commentary, and that rung me out. I can't imagine how stressful three consecutive hours of mostly extemporaneous commentary would be. But Rush seems to thrive on it.

Who cares about Rush ???

I don't know Rush and the odds are I never will. But he has absolutely almost single handedly changed the culture of radio. Up through the early to mid 80's, the top stations across the land were almost universally primarily music stations playing country or the top 40 or heavy metal or whatever with short breaks for local news or traffic reports. Then they would add an hour or two of Rush and noticed an immediate surge in listener volume. And once they had all three hours of Rush on a daily basis and started developing waiting lists for advertisers wanting on during those hours, they added another program and then another. And soon most were no longer music stations at all but the genre of news/talk radio was born.

Almost all the #1 stations in every large market now is a news/talk radio station. And invariable they obtained or solified that ranking because they ran Rush three hours a day.

And whatever anybody thinks about him, for him to have remained top in the ratings for I think 26 years now is a track record that nobody may ever beat.

Sorry Fox but Rush didn't change anything. He capitalized on an already wide open and widely listened to market. Paul Harvey was the man who set the ball in motion.

Am like it or not is a dying breed. HD radio. Satellite radio and Rush is even on the FM market here in KC now.

Rush is good but Paul Harvey was the best.

Who cares about Rush ???

I don't know Rush and the odds are I never will. But he has absolutely almost single handedly changed the culture of radio. Up through the early to mid 80's, the top stations across the land were almost universally primarily music stations playing country or the top 40 or heavy metal or whatever with short breaks for local news or traffic reports. Then they would add an hour or two of Rush and noticed an immediate surge in listener volume. And once they had all three hours of Rush on a daily basis and started developing waiting lists for advertisers wanting on during those hours, they added another program and then another. And soon most were no longer music stations at all but the genre of news/talk radio was born.

Almost all the #1 stations in every large market now is a news/talk radio station. And invariable they obtained or solified that ranking because they ran Rush three hours a day.

And whatever anybody thinks about him, for him to have remained top in the ratings for I think 26 years now is a track record that nobody may ever beat.
Music is still number one. Talk only replaced music on AM stations, music moved to FM and still out draws talk. Top music stations draw more than double the top talk stations. In New York the top talk station WABC-AM, the flagship station for your MessiahRushie and HanNITWITty, is rated in the low 3s whereas the top music station WLTW-FM draws in the mid 7s.

Markets:New York | Radio-Info.com

Last edited:
Sorry Fox but Rush didn't change anything. He capitalized on an already wide open and widely listened to market. Paul Harvey was the man who set the ball in motion.

Am like it or not is a dying breed. HD radio. Satellite radio and Rush is even on the FM market here in KC now.

Rush is good but Paul Harvey was the best.

Two very different genres though. Paul Harvey did a 15 minute commentary not unlike a column in a newspaper. And yes he was beloved and an icon in the industry. But he was run on those mostly music station with intermittant news breaks and weather reports, genre that developed as the old story-line programs died out--Fibber Magee & Molly, The Great Gildersleeve, Inner Sanctum, the FBI Story, The Lone Ranger, etc.

Harvey began his radio career in the mid 40's and got his regular 15-minute commentary program I think in the early 1950's. His "The Rest of the Story" program ran for a full 10 years before Rush entered talk radio in 1986.

Harvey did not generate a new genre of radio. He just adapted a program to fit into the existing one. Rush deserves a good deal of the credit though for paving the way of the current News/Talk Radio genre. He certainly was not the only one doing it, but he was the first to achieve real national recognition and success and therefore solidified the concept. Station managers were really scrambling to learn how to structure programming for the new thing,

(I adored Paul Harvey while I can't say I adore Rush. :))

Like Neal Boortz,too....
hes the guy that birthed hannity,so to speak.
im a metal musician,too,parttime.
love AM radio at night.
living up north leaving my bank job i had on second shuft,we had WILM in wilmington.
had MIKE GALLAGHER daytime
philly station had Beck,Rush,and Hannity.
and local conserv hosts afterwards.
at night,jim bohannan,and coast to coast am.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back