More Rush...why the left is envious...

I repeat...

No, they don't.

According to consumer research company Arbitron (List of most-listened-to radio programs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), the two program mentioned do indeed each separately get approximately the same (though somewhat less) number of listeners as does Limbaugh's show. Certainly, the difference in their estimated listenerships is greater than the uncertainty in the estimate.

I am not at all envious of the right for having Limbaugh. Indeed, the article cited offers no arguments that the left is envious of Limbaugh, only that they largely dislike him. Given that Democratic leaders have tried quite hard to tie Republican candidates and office-holders to Limbaugh it seems to me more likely that he is hurting Republicans than helping them. Certainly, Limbaugh is the most disliked media figure in the country (Diane Sawyer, Anderson Cooper and Brian Williams are America's Favorite News Personalities - MarketWatch, and this before his comments about Fluke)

And the statistic that 1 in 8 Americans find Limbaugh very credible seems pathetically low. This means that even among those Americans that align with Limbaugh politically, a substantially majority do not consider him particularly credible. This sharply limits his ability to influence opinion.

That's not what the left claims EVERY DAMN DAY. They claim he is the leader of the right.

Your point falls flat on its face.

Starts out all joking, but gets serious on O'Reilly.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M84Q6yf7mo8]Al Franken on Dick Cheney Shooting Someone In the Face - YouTube[/ame]

I repeat...

No, they don't.

According to consumer research company Arbitron (List of most-listened-to radio programs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), the two program mentioned do indeed each separately get approximately the same (though somewhat less) number of listeners as does Limbaugh's show. Certainly, the difference in their estimated listenerships is greater than the uncertainty in the estimate.

I am not at all envious of the right for having Limbaugh. Indeed, the article cited offers no arguments that the left is envious of Limbaugh, only that they largely dislike him. Given that Democratic leaders have tried quite hard to tie Republican candidates and office-holders to Limbaugh it seems to me more likely that he is hurting Republicans than helping them. Certainly, Limbaugh is the most disliked media figure in the country (Diane Sawyer, Anderson Cooper and Brian Williams are America's Favorite News Personalities - MarketWatch, and this before his comments about Fluke)

And the statistic that 1 in 8 Americans find Limbaugh very credible seems pathetically low. This means that even among those Americans that align with Limbaugh politically, a substantially majority do not consider him particularly credible. This sharply limits his ability to influence opinion.

That's not what the left claims EVERY DAMN DAY. They claim he is the leader of the right.

Your point falls flat on its face.

Yup. None of the people on ladyliberal's list made Time's 2012 list of the top 100 most influential people. Tim Tebow and Rihanna were pretty high up on that list though.
Full List - The 100 Most Influential People in the World - TIME

But of course the Left is jealous of Rush's success. Also Fox News success who beats ALL its cable competition combined in essentially every timeslot every single day. Why else are they so eager to chortle and celebrate and hoot and holler if they can find anybody who says Rush is losing sponsors and/or audience or Fox's ratings are down? If neither were particularly successful, nobody would even be paying attention to that.

It has nothing to do with influence. If Rush had ability to significantly influence his audience, George H.W. Bush would have served a second term, Clinton would never have been elected, let alone twice, neither Bob Dole nor John McCain would have won the GOP nomination, Ross Perot would never have enjoyed his considerable success, and Barack Obama would not be President now.

It has everything to do with message and perspective. And it is THAT which arouses such unrelenting hate and scorn from the Left.

All Things Considered and Morning Edition on NPR get approximately the same size audience as does Limbaugh.
Ratings proof?

I posted the ratings a few pages back and he's right. Rush does only a point or two better than either NPR program. But it also is comparing apples to oranges as neither NPR program is a politically focused talk radio program.

Knowledge is the enemy of liberalism. Old libs long for the day when Cronkite and his clones were the only sources of information available to the public. Through the years liberals forgot how to argue and they resent having to defend their side so when they are confronted they get angry and resort to inappropriate laughter or schoolyard insults. Colleges and universities used to be bastions of intellectual curiosity but today they are closed minded sanctuaries of liberal thought where any opinion outside the mainstream is seen as a threat and students are actually taught to assault persons who do not agree with the liberal perspective. Almost every prominent conservative has been assaulted on a college campus at sometime in his/her career.

If you are a person who thinks Rush is not counted on by a few million dummies to TELL THEM WHAT TO THINK and WHAT TO SAY, then you are not a critical thinker.

Rush succeeds because he says what the majority of us by and large think.

THAT the left can't stand...so they have been on a campaign since he started to bring him down...

26 years and counting...he is still there and more popular.:eusa_hand:

Popular. Rich. Altruistic. Controversial. Patriotic. Occasionally offensive. Well researched but sometimes wrong. Very often spot on in his assessment. A heart as big as all outdoors. As human as the next person, trapped in an addiction, unsuccessful in long term relationships,. And an unrelenting and consistent voice for conservatism. So many adjectives characterize who and what Rush Limbaugh is. But again his audience allows him to be human. His opposition focuses on every human flaw (or makes them up) and dismisses all the considerable successes as irrelevent.

Re the disgruntled DJ remark up there is pretty accurate I think. It was a job sort of like the USMB Coffee Shop where we try to keep controversial topics to a minimum. But if that is all you have, it would get boring really quickly.

I can so relate to a passion of wanting to do commentary on the life and times of the American people, and when he finally managed to find a niche in which he could do that, the concept took off like gangbusters and he has achieved success beyond his or anybody's wildest dreams.
Disgruntled DJ..I'd buy into because he had been fired from a couple gigs because he went off on his own tangents and didn't follow station protocol(s).

He did what many Americans on occasion do and create something untried/untested based on an idea.

The rest is history. HE now calls the shots.

THAT the left can't stand...so they have been on a campaign since he started to bring him down...

Popular. Rich. Altruistic. Controversial. Patriotic. Occasionally offensive. Well researched but sometimes wrong. Very often spot on in his assessment. A heart as big as all outdoors. As human as the next person, trapped in an addiction, unsuccessful in long term relationships,. And an unrelenting and consistent voice for conservatism. So many adjectives characterize who and what Rush Limbaugh is. But again his audience allows him to be human. His opposition focuses on every human flaw (or makes them up) and dismisses all the considerable successes as irrelevent.

Re the disgruntled DJ remark up there is pretty accurate I think. It was a job sort of like the USMB Coffee Shop where we try to keep controversial topics to a minimum. But if that is all you have, it would get boring really quickly.

I can so relate to a passion of wanting to do commentary on the life and times of the American people, and when he finally managed to find a niche in which he could do that, the concept took off like gangbusters and he has achieved success beyond his or anybody's wildest dreams.
Disgruntled DJ..I'd buy into because he had been fired from a couple gigs because he went off on his own tangents and didn't follow station protocol(s).

He did what many Americans on occasion do and create something untried/untested based on an idea.

Yep he took a risk and tried something new that wasn't really being done by anybody else. I can't imagine at that time that he had aspirations of becoming a mega personality recognizable to everybody in the country if not on the planet. But then did Bill Gates imagine that he would become one of the world's richest people when he first started experimenting with Windows? Did Walton kinow he would be creating a retail empire when he opened the first Wal-Mart?

Sometimes the most successful among us achieve success just by following their heart or a notion along with a bit of inspiration or just by doing what we most love to do.

Yep he took a risk and tried something new that wasn't really being done by anybody else. I can't imagine at that time that he had aspirations of becoming a mega personality recognizable to everybody in the country if not on the planet. But then did Bill Gates imagine that he would become one of the world's richest people when he first started experimenting with Windows? Did Walton kinow he would be creating a retail empire when he opened the first Wal-Mart?

Sometimes the most successful among us achieve success just by following their heart or a notion along with a bit of inspiration or just by doing what we most love to do.

When work becomes work and a burden...doing something you don't enjoy bears down on your psyche. What Limbaugh did is true Americanism in the spirit of what the Founders envisioned for all.

Perhaps that is why Rush is so distained by so many...HE is doing what he loves, has a passion for...and is unapologetic about it.

Vive la libertie!

If you are a person who thinks Rush is not counted on by a few million dummies to TELL THEM WHAT TO THINK and WHAT TO SAY, then you are not a critical thinker.

You only need two words to characterize who and what your MessiahRushie is, "Pathological Liar."

You only need two words to characterize who and what your MessiahRushie is, "Pathological Liar."

Who backs everything he says with documentation.

YOU can't stand his success. Get over it Edith.

He's so far under your skin YOU are obcessing .:lol:

You can safely ignore all posts by EdtheCretin. He scours the web looking for the word "Rush" then pops off with his insane hatred for the man as if he's some sort of divine authority.

"Documentation" that is either completely made up or exposes him as a liar you mean. He lies to you because he knows a typical DittoNutzi is incapable or too lazy to check his lies for themselves.

My favorite lie was his telling his cult followers that Gore could not ID the bust of Franklin in the Tea Room at Monticello. He then played a video that showed Gore naming the bust himself with no help from the curator. Gore names the bust talking over the curator saying the words "Washington on the extreme" but no DittoNazi ever hears what Gore said because their MessiahRushie told them to listen to the curator so they only hear the curator and nothing else. To this day the DittoNutzis will swear that Stuttering LimpBoy "documented" that Gore could not name the bust of Franklin.

I have made a fortune off of the DittoNutzis on this lie alone over the nearly 20 years he's been telling it. I bet them $20 that Gore named the bust of Franklin himself, and the SUCKERS want to immediately want to RAISE the bet!!!!! I let them, of course! :rofl::lmao:

November 17, 2010
RUSH: * It's kind of like Algore walking into a museum and pointing, "Who was that?"* "That's Benjamin Franklin, Mr. Vice President."* "Well, who's that?"* "That's Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Vice President."* He was in Monticello, at Thomas Jefferson's house.* "Who's that?"* "Thomas Jefferson."*

"Documentation" that is either completely made up or exposes him as a liar you mean. He lies to you because he knows a typical DittoNutzi is incapable or too lazy to check his lies for themselves.

My favorite lie was his telling his cult followers that Gore could not ID the bust of Franklin in the Tea Room at Monticello. He then played a video that showed Gore naming the bust himself with no help from the curator. Gore names the bust talking over the curator saying the words "Washington on the extreme" but no DittoNazi ever hears what Gore said because their MessiahRushie told them to listen to the curator so they only hear the curator and nothing else. To this day the DittoNutzis will swear that Stuttering LimpBoy "documented" that Gore could not name the bust of Franklin.

I have made a fortune off of the DittoNutzis on this lie alone over the nearly 20 years he's been telling it. I bet them $20 that Gore named the bust of Franklin himself, and the SUCKERS want to immediately want to RAISE the bet!!!!! I let them, of course! :rofl::lmao:

November 17, 2010
RUSH: * It's kind of like Algore walking into a museum and pointing, "Who was that?"* "That's Benjamin Franklin, Mr. Vice President."* "Well, who's that?"* "That's Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Vice President."* He was in Monticello, at Thomas Jefferson's house.* "Who's that?"* "Thomas Jefferson."*
Everything comment he makes is based upon his reading, and on his site gives ALL sources...

He is asessed at being 99.7% accurate in his opinions. It's Documented by the Sullivan Group that he has commissioned to track it.

YOU can't stand it because your masters at Media Matters have taught you NOT to think for yourself.

You fail and are jealous as you can stand without imploding upon yourself on the open boards.:eusa_hand::lol:

November 17, 2010
Everything comment he makes is based upon his reading, and on his site gives ALL sources...

He is asessed at being 99.7% accurate in his opinions. It's Documented by the Sullivan Group that he has commissioned to track it.

YOU can't stand it because your masters at Media Matters have taught you NOT to think for yourself.

You fail and are jealous as you can stand without imploding upon yourself on the open boards.:eusa_hand::lol:
A perfect example of the gullibility and stupidity of the typical DittoNutzi!!! :rofl::lmao;

The "Sullivan Group" is a real estate agency run by his fellow CON$ervoFascist hate radio shock jock Tom Sullivan. His "accuracy rating" is as phony and made up as his "documentation." You morons will swallow whatever bullshit your MessiahRushie feeds you! :cuckoo:

And his "sources" are either fellow CON$ervoFascist liars parroting their GOP scripts or if they are real sources then your MessiahRushie misrepresents what they said knowing that you are too stupid or lazy to check.

Here is an example from a real source. Your lying MessiahRushie claims BOTH satellite radio companies count cars that have not been sold as subscribers when the very SOURCE he linked to said quite clearly that XM does NOT!!!!!

Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page

Story #7: 1 in 10 Satellite Radio Subs in Unsold Cars

RUSH: You know these satellite radio guys? I have no brief against them, don't misunderstand. I've explained why this program is not on satellite radio a number of times, not that it never will be, but in this current iteration, three-hour program Monday-Friday, it can't be because we would be cannibalizing the terrestrial radio stations that have made this program, so I've assured them of that. But they report their subscriber numbers. I think the combined total for satellite radio to both of those companies is around 13 million or eight million. I'm not sure. Anyway, it doesn't matter what the total number is, because one in ten satellite subscribers are in un-owned cars still sitting on the car lot. The way these people report it is the number of radios sold, or manufactured. Most of these satellite radios are in automobiles since they're manufactured, but one in ten of satellite subscribers live in car lots, either in cars that haven't been sold by anybody yet.

Scoping Sirius' Curious Car Count - TheStreet

Scoping Sirius' Curious Car Count
Page 2

Sirius CFO Dave Frear says he recognizes that the two companies have different policies when it comes to counting subscribers, but he downplays the significance.

Frear says Sirius' lot-counting practice doesn't apply to all cars with factory-installed radios. He adds that overall it represents less than 10% of total subscribers.

"There's a distinction without a difference," says Frear.

But an XM representative disagrees.

"It's important for people to understand that we have a different way of counting subscribers," says the XM rep. "We count people who have made an active effort to try the service, not by counting cars on the lots."

November 17, 2010

A perfect example of the gullibility and stupidity of the typical DittoNutzi!!! :rofl::lmao;

The "Sullivan Group" is a real estate agency run by his fellow CON$ervoFascist hate radio shock jock Tom Sullivan. His "accuracy rating" is as phony and made up as his "documentation." You morons will swallow whatever bullshit your MessiahRushie feeds you! :cuckoo:

And his "sources" are either fellow CON$ervoFascist liars parroting their GOP scripts or if they are real sources then your MessiahRushie misrepresents what they said knowing that you are too stupid or lazy to check.

Here is an example from a real source. Your lying MessiahRushie claims BOTH satellite radio companies count cars that have not been sold as subscribers when the very SOURCE he linked to said quite clearly that XM does NOT!!!!!

Stack of Stuff Quick Hits Page

Story #7: 1 in 10 Satellite Radio Subs in Unsold Cars

RUSH: You know these satellite radio guys? I have no brief against them, don't misunderstand. I've explained why this program is not on satellite radio a number of times, not that it never will be, but in this current iteration, three-hour program Monday-Friday, it can't be because we would be cannibalizing the terrestrial radio stations that have made this program, so I've assured them of that. But they report their subscriber numbers. I think the combined total for satellite radio to both of those companies is around 13 million or eight million. I'm not sure. Anyway, it doesn't matter what the total number is, because one in ten satellite subscribers are in un-owned cars still sitting on the car lot. The way these people report it is the number of radios sold, or manufactured. Most of these satellite radios are in automobiles since they're manufactured, but one in ten of satellite subscribers live in car lots, either in cars that haven't been sold by anybody yet.

Scoping Sirius' Curious Car Count - TheStreet

Scoping Sirius' Curious Car Count
Page 2

Sirius CFO Dave Frear says he recognizes that the two companies have different policies when it comes to counting subscribers, but he downplays the significance.

Frear says Sirius' lot-counting practice doesn't apply to all cars with factory-installed radios. He adds that overall it represents less than 10% of total subscribers.

"There's a distinction without a difference," says Frear.

But an XM representative disagrees.

"It's important for people to understand that we have a different way of counting subscribers," says the XM rep. "We count people who have made an active effort to try the service, not by counting cars on the lots."
And this means what exactly?

You're obscessed?

Why, yes.

3 hateful words for our friends on the left.....

RUSH IS SUCCESSFUL

carry on :)

If a man can make a bundle by rounding up more gullible customers into the arms of his get-rich-quick-scheme advertisers than any other single radio host, I guess that's an accomplishment. But it's not an accomplishment to be proud of despite the fact that it obviously pays exceptionally well.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back