More economic good news, unemployment rate drops to 8.6%

they are just so upset that things are starting to look up for America.

Pretty sad and pretty telling

What is telling is that you obviously did not read the previous posts where most people welecomed the news.

What is not looking up for America is your I.Q.

Nope I didnt read the entire thread I opened my computor came here and clicked to the last page.

On it is nothing but rightiest claiming it means nothing.

they can trash any piece of good news for this country in hopes that it harms the democratic party but all it will do is harm their party by showing the entire world how very obviously they place party over coutnry.

The world is catching on to their top to bottom dispise for all things not their histoically failed republican ideas.

They crash it , then they trash it all so they can get in office and crash it again

It is so telling that the left hates liberty. They simply take he attitude that they, like Al Gore, know what is better for you than you do. And they are going to force themselves on you whether you like it or not.

Kinda like rape......

Only in this case, we have no problem showing the rapists on the left that we all to capable of kicking their asses. And this just drives them crazy.

So, like little dogs they run around and pee out of confusion and fear.....

Just like the TruthSplatters posts.

The numbers are seasonally adjusted you idiot.

Read the article man.........the numbers include hiring by retailers and restaurants (which is holiday hiring) ;)

They also mention that part of the increase is due to ~300,000 people no longer filing for unemployement but still not working....once your unemployment runs out and you are no longer counted as "unemployed" even though you aren't employed.

Still its a good sign and i'm happy that the number is lower...i just wish real unemployment dropped the same.

Are the numbers seasonally adjusted or not?

Fine i'll qoute it for you since your not able to reasearch it for yourself or willfully ignoring the fact that they did include retail hiring amongst other seasonal employers.

The Labor Department said Friday that the unemployment rate dropped sharply to 8.6% last month, from 9% in October. The rate hasn't been that low since March 2009, during the depths of the recession.

Still, 13.3 million Americans remain unemployed. And a key reason the unemployment rate fell so much was because roughly 315,000 people had given up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed.

More than half the jobs added were by retailers, restaurants and bars, a sign that holiday hiring has kicked in. Retailers added 50,000 jobs, the sector's biggest gain since April. Restaurants and bars hired 33,000 new workers. The health care industry added 17,000.

and according to the BLS themselves (you know the govt) the retail numbers are included

The unemployment rate fell by 0.4 percentage point to 8.6 percent in November, and
nonfarm payroll employment rose by 120,000, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
reported today. Employment continued to trend up in retail trade, leisure and
hospitality, professional and business services, and health care. Government
employment continued to trend down.

Employment Situation Summary

Its good news still so don't take the facts the wrong way.

It may be up but just yesterday the numbers said that 406K people filed for the first time for unemployment . Its Christmas time. They hire seasonal work from SEPT to Christmas. Lets revisit this after the holidays

post 11

someone lied to me about all the possitive remarks

What is telling is that you obviously did not read the previous posts where most people welecomed the news.

Nope I didnt read the entire thread I opened my computor came here and clicked to the last page.

Many have said this is good news. Period.

The right is saying that you should not get to excited to fast. Lets see if it holds.

Quite acting like an :asshole:

"...315,000 people had given up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed.

Employers added 120,000 jobs last month."

315,000 is bigger than 120,000.

You see that, right?

How is this "good news"?
The Obama administration helped Al Qaida take over Libya and conducted a Gun Running operation in Mexico to undermine the 2nd Amendment and said they were good things.

So of course this same Administration would say that 120,000 is a bigger number than 315,000, they know they won't get called on it. And it seems that there are plenty of people who are willing to drink the Kool Aid.

NFP Prints At 120K, Below Expectations Of 125K, Unemployment Rate Drops To 8.6% | ZeroHedge
The unemployment rate is calculated by dividing the number of unemployed persons by the size of the workforce. An unemployed person is defined as a person not employed but actively seeking work. The size of the workforce is defined as those employed plus those unemployed. So there is more than one way the rate can drop, there being variables to the variables. This months print would seem to point to a pretty large drop in the SIZE of the labor force because it sure has not come from a whole lot of people getting jobs. Also, both the Monster index and new UI claims were weaker, new claims getting above 400k again.

why did you lie to me about all the possitive posts?

Jesus the posts are right there to check.

You just cant seem to tell the truth about anything

why did you lie to me about all the possitive posts?

Jesus the posts are right there to check.

You just cant seem to tell the truth about anything

You can't seem to read.

The right is saying that you should not get to excited to fast. Lets see if it holds.

Or that these numbers should be scrutinized more closely instead of blindly chanting Obama slogans.... for reasons such as adjustments to come, the 300+K that are still unemployed but not counted, the time of year, etc....

Overall, not a really good thing...

"Still, one reason the unemployment rate fell so much was because roughly 315,000 people gave up looking for work and were no longer counted as unemployed."

Or that these numbers should be scrutinized more closely instead of blindly chanting Obama slogans.... for reasons such as adjustments to come, the 300+K that are still unemployed but not counted, the time of year, etc....

This is someone's signature:

This is what you get when you hate government so much you would rather the wealthy get tax cuts than pay your bills ~ Truthmatters - 9/1/11

No wonder she is so excited about this.....someone might start paying her bills again !

this is why your party is doomed.
This and your hsitorically failed ideas.

The American people dont want you crashing the world economy anymore

The reason unemployment # dropped is because 315K people stopped looking for jobs.

Then for the jobs that were "created" in Nov, more than half were in seasonal low paying retail, restaurant and bars! 70% are in these low level service jobs, which a large portion of these jobs can be attributed to temporary and seasonal! Either way 120K jobs "created" is horrible for any month and for the holiday seasonal time it's pitiful!

Um do liberals realize retailers hire temp seasonal workers for holiday push and then let them go come Jan? I used to do some work every Christmas break when I was on College break.

Do liberals realize that bars and restaurants gear up for humble day, Christmas break when the beer drinking college kids come home, the holiday season and of course New Years? They start the holiday hiring in Nov and usually cut them loose in Jan!

Read more: Unemployment Rate Falls To 8.6 Percent | Fox News
More than half the jobs added were by retailers, restaurants and bars, a sign that holiday hiring has kicked in. Retailers added 50,000 jobs, the sector's biggest gain since April. Restaurants and bars hired 33,000 new workers. The health care industry added 17,000.

Last edited:
Sure it's good. Too bad though that the Christmas season won't last much past January..

The numbers are seasonally adjusted you idiot.

Read the article man.........the numbers include hiring by retailers and restaurants (which is holiday hiring) ;)
Read the actual report: Table B-1 The official seasonally adjusted change for non-farm payrolls was +120,000.
The Unadjusted change was +339,000

The numbers are seasonally adjusted.

They also mention that part of the increase is due to ~300,000 people no longer filing for unemployement but still not working....once your unemployment runs out and you are no longer counted as "unemployed" even though you aren't employed.
No, wrong, no soup for you. The numbers have never ever been based on UI benefits.

Last edited:
In the past three months, the economy has added an average of 143,000 net jobs per month. That's enough to keep up with population growth and better than the previous three months, when the economy averaged just 84,000.

Other recent economic reports have been positive, too.

Factory output expanded last month. Retailers reported a strong start to holiday sales over the Thanksgiving weekend, consumer confidence surged in November to the highest level since July, and Americans' pay rose in October by the most in seven months.

Car sales also rose sharply in November, normally a lackluster month for the auto industry. Chrysler, Ford, Nissan and Hyundai all reported double-digit gains on Thursday, compared to a year ago.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/econo...8/1?AID=4992781&PID=4178637&SID=1t9d2j98i88rg

Forum List

Back