More economic good news, unemployment rate drops to 8.6%

It didn't "fail". Failure wouldn't mean that it didn't work at all..it did.

You know..like the failure of the Bush administration to stop a harebrained scheme by a group of idiots with box cutters to hijack 4 fucking planes and crash them into the epicenter of the greatest city on earth?

That's a failure. That's what failure looks like.

I guess you better go to websters and see what the meaning of stimulus is.:lol:

And you should check the meaning of "failure".

Failure is George W. Bush. Who failed to give accurate numbers to the Obama administration regarding the depth of the deficit.

The stimulus worked. That President Obama admitted that it didn't work as well as he'd hoped was a refreshing difference from the failure before him, George W. Bush, who wouldn't admit that he had failed at anything.

Admitting fault..and finding flaws..means you are curious..and that you will come up with ways to make a process, better.

Not admitting fault and claiming perfection means you are not curious and you will continue to do the same things over and over again.

And what have you admitted has failed in the last three years or the last five years of democratic rule of the senate ?

And I guess we really needed that jobs bill....didn't we.

Can the left be any more stupid ?

Actually we did.

Infrastructure spending is needed.

I loved when Obama made a speech in front of the crumbling bridge between Kentucky and Ohio.

Why is this bridge crumbling Senator Boehner and Senator McConnell?

Oh...because you blocked an infrastructure jobs bill that would have repaired it!

Well we DIDN'T get the jobs bill yet unemployment went down more than it has since 2009.........you do comprehend the point they are making through the corrolation of unemployment and a lack of govt action don't you?

I do. Government action stopped financials and banks from failing. The stimulus staggered the collapse in employment. So the private sector was allowed to recover and may be expanding. Alot of sectors are seeing record profits. Maybe they are starting to invest again.

All because of government action.

How about a link on this one.

I have not heard this before.

You're not aware that the payroll tax contribution was reduced from 6.2% to 4.2% a couple years ago? And the latest Democratic proposal is to reduce it to 3.1%?

I was not aware of the proposal to reduce it to 3.1 %.

Now, I thought this was something to move it to a private account.

It is! namely, the private account of the person who earns the money.

Failure is George W. Bush. Who failed to give accurate numbers to the Obama administration regarding the depth of the deficit.

The stimulus worked. That President Obama admitted that it didn't work as well as he'd hoped was a refreshing difference from the failure before him, George W. Bush, who wouldn't admit that he had failed at anything.

Admitting fault..and finding flaws..means you are curious..and that you will come up with ways to make a process, better.

Not admitting fault and claiming perfection means you are not curious and you will continue to do the same things over and over again.

And what have you admitted has failed in the last three years or the last five years of democratic rule of the senate ?

They adopted Republican ideas..like those in Obamacare..and expected some measure of compromise.

Total failure. Today's conservatives view compromise as wicked and evil.

They also failed to hold investigations into both the financial industry and the Bush/Cheney rush to war in Iraq..and shady deals with Halliburton/Blackwater. In an effort to "heal" and build bridges. Another fail.

Last edited:
They adopted Republican ideas..like those in Obamacare..and expected some measure of compromise.

Total failure. Today's conservatives view compromise as wicked and evil.

Total failure: Your blindness to your own party.

It is so funny that you lecture people on processes but won't follow them yourself.

The democrats on the supercommittee basically said no compromise on major entitlement programs.

But that is O.K....it's only evil when the right does it.

You're not aware that the payroll tax contribution was reduced from 6.2% to 4.2% a couple years ago? And the latest Democratic proposal is to reduce it to 3.1%?

I was not aware of the proposal to reduce it to 3.1 %.

Now, I thought this was something to move it to a private account.

It is! namely, the private account of the person who earns the money.

The current payroll tax is part of a paygo system....if we ain't paying...and we are still going.........

It didn't "fail". Failure wouldn't mean that it didn't work at all..it did.

You know..like the failure of the Bush administration to stop a harebrained scheme by a group of idiots with box cutters to hijack 4 fucking planes and crash them into the epicenter of the greatest city on earth?

That's a failure. That's what failure looks like.

Failure is your point. You have nothing and I mean nothing but useful idiots saying the ooposite.

The white house issued its opinion.

Better ask them for a retraction. TOBY!!!

Pending Sales of U.S. Existing Homes Rose 10.4% in October - Businessweek

I don't think you read the above article. 10.4% up this year, but they talk about the wave of foeclosure increasing and home prices dropping dramatically and even more people going underwater!

Auto sales soar in November - latimes.com
Great news on the auto market. No argument there.

Thanksgiving retail sales climb 16% to record high - SFGate
This was predictable. People held back last year. And this year, companies opened up on Thursday and the deals were amazing this year. Heck I was out at Woodfield Mall at 2:00 am on Thursday grabbing all the deals at the Disney store for my girls, then went to Target to buy two DS games and walked out with 12 games. The deals this year were far better than last year!

Actually we did.

I loved when Obama made a speech in front of the crumbling bridge between Kentucky and Ohio.

Oh...because you blocked an infrastructure jobs bill that would have repaired it!

Well we DIDN'T get the jobs bill yet unemployment went down more than it has since 2009.........you do comprehend the point they are making through the corrolation of unemployment and a lack of govt action don't you?

I do. Government action stopped financials and banks from failing. The stimulus staggered the collapse in employment. So the private sector was allowed to recover and may be expanding. Alot of sectors are seeing record profits. Maybe they are starting to invest again.

This from the person who yacks about blindness...your avatar is so appropriate.

Actually we did.

Government action made the crash not as deep and the recovery take twice as long. The stimulus staggered the rate of recovery and kept unemployment higher in the long run than it would be without it. Now that the stimulus has run out and the reps have shown a willingness to stop the dems regardless of the negative political fallout the private sector feels more confident and is starting to expand a bit again.

All because of republicans causing govt inaction.

Just saying I can spin it too if I WANT to spin like you are.

they are just so upset that things are starting to look up for America.

Pretty sad and pretty telling

Sure it's good. Too bad though that the Christmas season won't last much past January..

The numbers are seasonally adjusted you idiot.

Read the article man.........the numbers include hiring by retailers and restaurants (which is holiday hiring) ;)

They also mention that part of the increase is due to ~300,000 people no longer filing for unemployement but still not working....once your unemployment runs out and you are no longer counted as "unemployed" even though you aren't employed.

Still its a good sign and i'm happy that the number is lower...i just wish real unemployment dropped the same.

So which is it?

1. These are good numbers and good for the President, or,

2. These are bad numbers, and proof that extending the Bush tax cuts didn't work.

they are just so upset that things are starting to look up for America.

Pretty sad and pretty telling

What is telling is that you obviously did not read the previous posts where most people welecomed the news.

What is not looking up for America is your I.Q.

Sure it's good. Too bad though that the Christmas season won't last much past January..

The numbers are seasonally adjusted you idiot.

Read the article man.........the numbers include hiring by retailers and restaurants (which is holiday hiring) ;)

They also mention that part of the increase is due to ~300,000 people no longer filing for unemployement but still not working....once your unemployment runs out and you are no longer counted as "unemployed" even though you aren't employed.

Still its a good sign and i'm happy that the number is lower...i just wish real unemployment dropped the same.

Are the numbers seasonally adjusted or not?

they can trash any piece of good news for this country in hopes that it harms the democratic party but all it will do is harm their party by showing the entire world how very obviously they place party over coutnry.

The world is catching on to their top to bottom dispise for all things not their histoically failed republican ideas.

They crash it , then they trash it all so they can get in office and crash it again

So which is it?

1. These are good numbers and good for the President, or,

2. These are bad numbers, and proof that extending the Bush tax cuts didn't work.

1) They are good numbers and good for the country.

2) There are some things not being addressed by those propping up the numbers as something more than what they truly are such as real unemployment, the fact that retail/restaurant hiring IS in the numbers, and the fact that 300,000 of the people no longer considered unemployed still aren't working even though they have come out of the unemployment equation.

Forum List

Back