Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than you do.

And your point is what exactly.
Does he pay more in taxes then I do....
I bet he does....
So again what is your point? :confused:

In actual dollar amount, yes, he does pay a larger tax bill than you do, because he's paying 15 percent on millions of dollars, and it's probably even more than your paycheck.

But think about this..........what if instead of the government taking almost a third of your paycheck (federal income tax on paychecks is 28 percent), they took only half of what they do now?

That is the problem with most of you people who support Romney, you think that it's all about the dollar amount rather than the actual percentage of income you actually receive.

I know I'd like to be taxed at 15 percent instead of 28 percent, but because I don't have thousands of dollars to tie up in capital gains, I pay a larger percentage of my income than Romney does. Incidentally, so does ALL OF THE MILITARY.

Is it fair to be penalized for being poor or middle class?

Last edited:
....will the GOP spend to get Romney elected with goofs like this. This is bad for the general election.

Yes, Romney is just like you and me...

cf796d6e38a5df66a12a2ac70f7cfc62.jpg

Yes, the Republican Blame the Poor campaign.....

Today, TPC released a new study that examines why these people end up paying no federal income tax.

The number one reason should come as no surprise. It’s because they have low incomes. As my colleague Bob Williams notes:

A couple with two children earning less than $26,400 will pay no federal income tax this year because their $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700 each reduce their taxable income to zero. The basic structure of the income tax simply exempts subsistence levels of income from tax.

Low incomes (or, if you prefer, the standard deduction and personal exemptions) account for fully half of the people who pay no federal income tax.

The second reason is that for many senior citizens, Social Security benefits are exempt from federal income taxes. That accounts for about 22% of the people who pay no federal income tax.

The third reason is that America uses the tax code to provide benefits to low-income families, particularly those with children. Taken together, the earned income tax credit, the child credit, and the childcare credit account for about 15% of the people who pay no federal income tax.

Taken together, those three factors — incomes that fall below the standard deduction and personal exemptions; the exemption for most Social Security benefits; and tax benefits aimed at low-income families and children — account for almost 90% of the Americans who pay no federal income tax.

Why do half of Americans pay no federal income tax? - CSMonitor.com

Since almost half of Americans pay a tax rate of 0%, I wouldn't bet on the thread title.

ARE YOU SERIOUS????

Mittens saying he pays less than working people is not quite the same as paying zero because they don't have income.

Also, maybe you didn't notice but Mittens SAID he doesn't have income either -- 'cept for that piddly little $375THOUSAND DOLLARS that "isn't much".

Mittens doesn't need income because Mittens has wealth. That's okay but Mittens is LYING to you when he says he's just like you, that he feels your pain, that he's "unemployed too".

Mittens has not worked since the 90's because Mittens doesn't have to. He lives off of foreign investments. Again, that's okay. I don't think anyone is against someone WORKING and making a lot of money. Yes, I know that Mittens never had to WORK to make his money because it was given to him but,

Its time for the rw's to stop comparing the elderly woman who is living off her Social Security and doesn't pay income tax because she paid income tax all her working life to wealthy Mittens who was going to have the same lifestyle whether or not he ever even bothered to get out of bed.

There is a difference. Learn it.

And, dammit, learn that this is why the ultra-wealthy don't pay their fair share.

That's still 15% higher than 48% of Americans.
Precisely.

Today, TPC released a new study that examines why these people end up paying no federal income tax.

The number one reason should come as no surprise. It’s because they have low incomes. As my colleague Bob Williams notes:

A couple with two children earning less than $26,400 will pay no federal income tax this year because their $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700 each reduce their taxable income to zero. The basic structure of the income tax simply exempts subsistence levels of income from tax.

Low incomes (or, if you prefer, the standard deduction and personal exemptions) account for fully half of the people who pay no federal income tax.

The second reason is that for many senior citizens, Social Security benefits are exempt from federal income taxes. That accounts for about 22% of the people who pay no federal income tax.

The third reason is that America uses the tax code to provide benefits to low-income families, particularly those with children. Taken together, the earned income tax credit, the child credit, and the childcare credit account for about 15% of the people who pay no federal income tax.

Taken together, those three factors — incomes that fall below the standard deduction and personal exemptions; the exemption for most Social Security benefits; and tax benefits aimed at low-income families and children — account for almost 90% of the Americans who pay no federal income tax.

Forget it.

The rw's lie and they want to believe those lies. No facts will ever change that.

Telling and retelling the same ole lies, over and over again is safe and they don't have to think.

They will go to the voting booth and slit their own wrists rather than admit to their lies.

golly gee.
80% of the taxes the government collects is illegal but i'm going to support higher taxes because i can't stand the thought of somone paying less than me!

That's still 15% higher than 48% of Americans.
Precisely.

There's only one reason...Politicians using the 16th as a weapon, as a tool to garner votes from moochers.

/Story.

Glad to see Mitt can relate to the common man

He pays at a lower rate than someone making $40,000.

No wonder Republicans are protecting the one percent

Your Title is completely False. I am by no means rich, in fact I am not even Middle class. Yet guess what, I have a small amount of Money invested, and it is subject to the same tax Rate as Romney. The long Term Capital Gains tax.

Capital Gains taxes are kept low for a reason people. To encourage Investment in America. Raise them at our own Peril.

Your Title is completely False. I am by no means rich, in fact I am not even Middle class. Yet guess what, I have a small amount of Money invested, and it is subject to the same tax Rate as Romney. The long Term Capital Gains tax.

Capital Gains taxes are kept low for a reason people. To encourage Investment in America. Raise them at our own Peril.
True. Same here...but in my mind? They should be outlawed.

Suspect ethics? I'm not the one proposing putting even more of a strain on the poor through a flat tax, while increasing our debt even further. Your plan wouldn't only hurt people such as yourself, yet you're just not smart enough to realize it. A true shame.

So subjectivity rules everything.... and as suspected... you are all for the unequal treatment of others when it benefits you... and only equal treatment when it benefits you...

Typical lefty

Someone making assumptions without information....and It's DiamondDave....Typical.

No.. we have plenty of your posting history to draw from...

You only believe in equality in treatment when it benefits you and your political cause... when it comes to treating someone unequally, as evidenced by the type of taxation scheme you repeatedly support, you abandon equality like a red headed step child

So subjectivity rules everything.... and as suspected... you are all for the unequal treatment of others when it benefits you... and only equal treatment when it benefits you...

Typical lefty

Someone making assumptions without information....and It's DiamondDave....Typical.

No.. we have plenty of your posting history to draw from...

You only believe in equality in treatment when it benefits you and your political cause... when it comes to treating someone unequally, as evidenced by the type of taxation scheme you repeatedly support, you abandon equality like a red headed step child
Give him a break. Obfuscation is a learned behaviour he can't shake.

He should seek therapy.

So Willard already pays less in taxes than the rest of us and HIS plan is to cut the wealthiest Americans taxes even FURTHER? Just brilliant...:rolleyes:

Yes god forbid people keep more of their own money

The rich having been keeping more for years, where has that left us. It's time to keep less.

No.. it is time they kept the same % as every other citizen... not getting gouged while 50% of the population pays nothing in income tax and many times draws much more out in entitlements...

See... like I said.. your support of unequal treatment when it benefits you

Asshole progressive

Forum List

Back