Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than you do.

• Banned
Since almost half of Americans pay a tax rate of 0%, I wouldn't bet on the thread title.

I'm guessing that almost all the posters on this board pay a tax rate higher than Mitt Romney. And since they're the ones who will be reading this, it applies.

And that's not even taking into account the inherent falseness of your assertion.

Romney paid 15 percent.

Obama on his 2010 tax returns paid around 25 percent.

Basic tax rate for MOST Americans is around 28 percent.

Still think Romney is a good idea?

A guy who knows how to game the system by making sure all of his income is "capital gains". Was he supposed to ignore the rules that give him an advantage? Would you?

Gee, how many people do we have gaming the system these days?

Tens of millions. On both ends of the income spectrum, squeezing the shit out of the middle.

Romney paid 15 percent.

A guy who knows how to game the system by making sure all of his income is "capital gains". Was he supposed to ignore the rules that give him an advantage? Would you?

Tens of millions. On both ends of the income spectrum, squeezing the shit out of the middle.

Not as many people as you think can game the system like that.

How many people do YOU know that make 50 percent of their income or more via capital gains? What's even more.........how many people do YOU know who pay 20 percent or less in taxes?

Romney paid 15 percent.

Isn't that the point? The tax code needs an overhaul so this can't happen.

Fine. Make it fair on everyone.

Rich and poor alike pay 10%, no exemptions, subsidies, penalties or modifications to this percentage and throw in capital gains as income.

Done. The rich pay more, the poor don't profit from 'paying'. The budget shrinks as spending in transfer payments is eliminated. Win/win all the way around.

You game?

Last edited:

Rich and poor alike pay 10%, no exemptions, subsidies, penalties or modifications to this percentage and throw in capital gains as income.

Done. The rich pay more, the poor don't profit from 'paying'. The budget shrinks as spending in transfer payments is eliminated. Win/win all the way around.

You game?

Simple ideas for the simple minded.

Romney paid 15 percent.

Yes I do. And hopefully someday I will pay a lower tax rate.
If the dems get there way we will be paying a higher rate.

You game?

Proof positive simple ideas confuse muddled brains and suspect ethics. I mean how the hell can you cheat someone if it's just so simple?

Unconscionable. Have you no care in your heart for the swindler? The cheat? Even those NOT elected to public office?

Romney paid 15 percent.

Not as many people as you think can game the system like that.

How many people do YOU know that make 50 percent of their income or more via capital gains? What's even more.........how many people do YOU know who pay 20 percent or less in taxes?

I know quite a few actually. You probably do, too. After all, half of all Americans pay 0 percent federal income taxes.

Mitt pays 15 percent federal income taxes.

The middle class pays more than all of them.

Last edited:

You game?

Proof positive simple ideas confuse muddled brains and suspect ethics. I mean how the hell can you cheat someone if it's just so simple?

Unconscionable. Have you no care in your heart for the swindler? The cheat? Even those NOT elected to public office?

Suspect ethics? I'm not the one proposing putting even more of a strain on the poor through a flat tax, while increasing our debt even further. Your plan wouldn't only hurt people such as yourself, yet you're just not smart enough to realize it. A true shame.

Since almost half of Americans pay a tax rate of 0%, I wouldn't bet on the thread title.

I'm guessing that almost all the posters on this board pay a tax rate higher than Mitt Romney. And since they're the ones who will be reading this, it applies.

And that's not even taking into account the inherent falseness of your assertion.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=woySeSNBL3o&feature=player_embedded]trolololol - YouTube[/ame]​

Suspect ethics? I'm not the one proposing putting even more of a strain on the poor through a flat tax, while increasing our debt even further. Your plan wouldn't only hurt people such as yourself, yet you're just not smart enough to realize it. A true shame.
Well let's see. If less money is stolen from the rich to give to the poor, they have more money to invest, businesses then have investors AND the ability to grow and hire people. This creates jobs that can pay better and therefore help people better than a check from the fucking government.

If you have a problem with loopholes, close them ALL. If you are not willing to close them all, you're a hypocrite. Oh what a surprise! More interested in shaping and molding society in some twisted concept of fairness, like a Shepard making rules for his sheep. Works great as long as you're the Shepard. This isn't fairness, this is social engineering. Control their money, control their lives.

If you've a problem with foreign investment you have two choices. 1, make us a better investment. 2, penalize foreign investments. Unfortunately choice two makes the whole nation poorer because you take money out of investment AND people find ways to keep money out of the nation till the law is repealed.

Good job. The rich have less rights to fair treatment, and the poor are coddled and pandered to with the attitude that you're being charitable by making their poverty more comfortable and talking down to them because they are obviously too dumb, incompetent, incapable of achieving than those who do. Your condescension is duely noted.

I, and many other poor people who have any selfworth not leeched out of them by poverty pimps lying, don't want a handout, they want a job in which to make something of themselves. Every dollar you take out of business expansion to hand them as a check is a one time fix for a chronic problem and does not grow the economy, but rather perpetuates it.

Suspect ethics. Absolutely.

I am sick of the mommy state. I want a daddy state. You know, one who tells you to "Shut up, quit your whining about what your siblings have or Daddy's give you something to REALLY cry about. Now go do your chores."

Last edited:

Yep, Because his only income is from Capital gains.

You too can enjoy this low % when you see gains in your own Retirement Portfolio, It is not just for the rich.

Ask yourself this:

What percent of capital gains income in the United States applies to rich people, and what percent applies to everyone else?

If raising the Cap Gains rate negatively affects older people, then an exception can be made on retirement income.

Yep, Because his only income is from Capital gains.

You too can enjoy this low % when you see gains in your own Retirement Portfolio, It is not just for the rich.

Ask yourself this:

What percent of capital gains income in the United States applies to rich people, and what percent applies to everyone else?

If raising the Cap Gains rate negatively affects older people, then an exception can be made on retirement income.
Should be the same. If it's not, why isn't it? Fuck exceptions. It's what got us to this point.

Forum List

Back