Mitt Romney pays a lower tax rate than you do.

Romney was robbed of 35% of what was coming to him before he ever saw it. Or more like 40%.

Then they taxed the rest 15%....so it got taxed twice.

Throw any personal income tax on there and he is likely paying 50 to 60% overall.

Warren Buffet can suck on that.

it didn't get taxed 2 times.

Example:

He earns 1,000,000. Gets taxed at 35% and is left with 650,000

He then invests the 650,000 and makes 350,000 on it...he only pays taxes, at 15%, on the 350,000.

People have that wrong too...the "double taxed" thing just isn't, just like the "romney pays less than everyone else" just isn't.

No he puts some money into a company. Say he owns 50%. The company makes 2,000,000 pre-tax. So he is going to get 1,000,000. Now the company gets hit with 35% taxes. So he only gets 650,000 which he has to call capital gains. So he pays another 15% of the 650 K. And if he invests the rest in the "stock market", his stock growth will only cost him 15%, but if he is getting dividends on which he will pay 15%, those dividents are 35% less than what they were pre-tax.

That's the tax scenario of a C corp.

Assuming that the company is a C corp you are correct.

For an S corp the business does not pay any tax as all the profit and losses pass through to the individual stock holders.

Obama and romney pay the same tax rate on their capital gains, 15%.

Obama is a multi-millionair and makes millions each year just like ronmey.

The rich don't pay taxes at a lower rate at all. Romney, Obama, Me with 5 figures, and everyone in-between pay the same exact cap gains rate.

I don't understand your point. Why do you keep repeating this?

Because people keep pointing to what romney pays on his cap gains and saying he pays less than other people.

So are you playing semantics games or do you actually understand that when people complain about him paying less, it's his overall effective rate....which is made lower because of the low capital gains tax. He's not doing anything wrong, he is making use of the system, which many have argued is skewed to help the rich.

Romney was robbed of 35% of what was coming to him before he ever saw it. Or more like 40%.

Throw any personal income tax on there and he is likely paying 50 to 60% overall.

Must be nice to just pick numbers out of the air and pretend like you know what you're talking about. Taxed twice. lol. As soon as you said that, all your credibility went out the window.

So are you playing semantics games or do you actually understand that when people complain about him paying less, it's his overall effective rate....which is made lower because of the low capital gains tax. He's not doing anything wrong, he is making use of the system, which many have argued is skewed to help the rich.

Those investments are what create every job in this country, including government jobs since those jobs are provided with money taken from producers. So...you tax the rich at a higher rate and a bunch of the rest of you get laid off. And that's how you unskew the system to stop helping the rich. You are fundamentally ignorant about how economies work.

Those investments are what create every job in this country, including government jobs since those jobs are provided with money taken from producers. So...you tax the rich at a higher rate and a bunch of the rest of you get laid off. And that's how you unskew the system to stop helping the rich. You are fundamentally ignorant about how economies work.

Haha, what a load of crap. Corporations are sitting on piles of cash right now, why aren't they hiring? Let me guess, it's Obamas "job killing regulations".......Zzzzzzzzz.

The rich don't create jobs, the middle class do through their spending power. It's a shame that someone so "fundamentally ignorant about how economies work" can understand this but you don't. Doesn't say much for you now does it.

They're not hiring because they don't need to hire.

Do you expect businesses to hire people they don't need?

Never mind that's a stupid question to ask a dimwitcrap, of course you expect businesses to hire people they don't need.

Never mind that's a stupid question to ask a dimwitcrap, of course you expect businesses to hire people they don't need.

Right and business don't need employees when people aren't purchasing products and services. So if we enable people to increase their purchasing power we start up the hiring cycle.

Right and business don't need employees when people aren't purchasing products and services. So if we enable people to increase their purchasing power we start up the hiring cycle.

You can purchase until your face turns blue, and it's not going to create a single new job unless someone has the investment capital to start a business and produce the supply to meet your demand. Purchasing creates the opportunity for jobs; investment actually creates the jobs.

You don't do that by leading with hiring.

And I thought all those so called Obama tax breaks were supposed to increase spending.

What's that they didn't?

OH.

The last thing we need is people buying more shit they can't afford and don't need.

You can purchase until your face turns blue, and it's not going to create a single new job unless someone has the investment capital to start a business and produce the supply to meet your demand. Purchasing creates the opportunity for jobs; investment actually creates the jobs.

What did I say? Purchasing starts the hiring cycle.

I don't understand your point. Why do you keep repeating this?

Because people keep pointing to what romney pays on his cap gains and saying he pays less than other people.

But people are comparing his effective rate to other people's actual rate. Compare it to everyone's effective rate and romney pays more than well over half of all americans.

I'm not playing semantics, I'm just trying to keep the truth in the light here.

Must be nice to just pick numbers out of the air and pretend like you know what you're talking about. Taxed twice. lol. As soon as you said that, all your credibility went out the window.

Everyone is focusing only on Federal taxes. What about all of the State income and property taxes he has to pay. Most of my federal taxes goes into FICA and Medicare. I still have to pay another $25,000 in property taxes every year. Nobody is saying shit about that.

But people are comparing his effective rate to other people's actual rate. Compare it to everyone's effective rate and romney pays more than well over half of all americans.

I'm not playing semantics, I'm just trying to keep the truth in the light here.

That's fair. Anyone not comparing effective rate to effective rate is not being honest. Can't disagree with that.

Forum List

Back