Mitt Romney 2012?

With Palin gone, I think romney will win. I think he'll have too much money and too much support from the talking heads for huck to challenge him.

I want to see the Christian part of the right wing's face when Romney gets nominated.

WHAT? WE NOMINATED A MORMON? RIOT! :rofl:

depends how many of them watch Hannity, Ingraham, buchanan, coulter, etc.

because they were already supporting him toward the end of this last primary. they will be ready to commit to him early on this time.
bobby is a punk kid, he doesnt know that we dont have a religious test for POTUS candidates

Unless something really drastic happens, Obama will be relected. Just look at history.

Ppphht... IT'S ALREADY HAPPENED! Obama's approval rating has plummeted into the proverbial TOILET faster than any other President in history. He's a one term wonder, and who knows, he could get thrown out before that.

Next election, I'm voting independent, period. I'm sick and tired of the dem, repub stranglehold. Been there, done that. Hasn't worked. I'm sick of them both.

art_lie.jpg

Obama's first quarter average was higher then Nixon, Ford,Carter,Reagan,both Bush's, and Clinton.

Now in his sixth month in office, his honeymoon has already exceeded the durations of those for Ford, Clinton, and George W. Bush. If he can maintain ratings above 55% through the summer, his honeymoon will match the length of those for Jimmy Carter and Reagan.

Obama Honeymoon Continues; 7 Months Is Recent Average

I want to see the Christian part of the right wing's face when Romney gets nominated.

WHAT? WE NOMINATED A MORMON? RIOT! :rofl:

because they were already supporting him toward the end of this last primary. they will be ready to commit to him early on this time.
bobby is a punk kid, he doesnt know that we dont have a religious test for POTUS candidates

I agree with you on this Dive. But, the media hasn't really gotten into the mix. Once they start they will tell the sheep how important it is, and what an evil religion the LDS is.

I agree with you on this Dive. But, the media hasn't really gotten into the mix. Once they start they will tell the sheep how important it is, and what an evil religion the LDS is.

I don't know if I agree with your second point or not. If the media truly had had their way, it would have been a Hillary vs. Rudy bloodbath.

a conservative that would follow the constitution would get my vote, atheist or not

Alright? But are you the ultra right Christian faction of the Republican party? I've always referred to the extreme part of the right wing that are religious as the Christian right. :eusa_eh:

I think you seemed to have confuse with my statement with the thought that I was inferring that all Christians wouldn't vote for an Atheist when that's not true. I mean I'm a Christian and I'd vote for an Atheist so obviously that's not true from my own personal beliefs.

I don't know if I agree with your second point or not. If the media truly had had their way, it would have been a Hillary vs. Rudy bloodbath.

The only thing the media would have to ruin Romney would be his religion. He's was vetted pretty good on this last election, and the only thing that kept popping up was that he was a Mormon.

The only thing the media would have to ruin Romney would be his religion. He's was vetted pretty good on this last election, and the only thing that kept popping up was that he was a Mormon.

i can't wait for the Jesse Jackson/al sharpton types to come out of the woodwork.

doesn't matter. an open atheist could never be nominated by either party anyway.

Which is EXACTLY my point. So the whole thing by Dive about there being no religious test for POTUS is BULLSHIT. If there was no such "religious test" then an Atheist should easily be able to get the nomination if his views were the exact same as the others running but they wouldn't.

However, at this current point in our country, nominating an Atheist would be party political suicide on a nationwide scale.

a conservative that would follow the constitution would get my vote, atheist or not

Alright? But are you the ultra right Christian faction of the Republican party? I've always referred to the extreme part of the right wing that are religious as the Christian right. :eusa_eh:

I think you seemed to have confuse with my statement with the thought that I was inferring that all Christians wouldn't vote for an Atheist when that's not true. I mean I'm a Christian and I'd vote for an Atheist so obviously that's not true from my own personal beliefs.
then you admit your statement is nothing but hypebole bullshit
;)

i disagree
religion wouldnt matter as much as character

And I disagree with your post.

Gallup poll back in 1999:

Gallup Polls & Other Surveys on American Attitudes Towards Atheists - Over 40 Years of Research Show Atheists Are Despised, Distrusted

A 1999 Gallup poll conducted to determine Americans' willingness to tolerate a Jewish president (Joseph Lieberman was the Democratic candidate for Vice President at the time). Here are the percentages of people saying they would refuse to vote for "a generally well-qualified person for president" on the basis of some characteristic; in parenthesis are the figures for earlier years:

Atheist: 48%

Finally, other studies and surveys indicate that prejudice against atheists is going back up. A March, 2007 survey done by Newsweek shows that 62% of people would refuse to vote for any candidate admitting to being an atheist. Republicans were, predictably, the most bigoted at 78%, followed by Democrats at 60% and independents at 45%. Among those surveyed, 47% claimed that America is more accepting of atheists than in the past. I wonder where they got that idea? The only positive results from this survey were that 68% of the people felt that atheists could be moral — but this begs the question of why people won't vote for atheists.

In 2003, the Pew Research Center conducted a poll on "religion and public life" which asked people about their attitudes towards a variety of groups, including atheists. People's opinions of atheists break down:

Very Favorable: 7%
Mostly Favorable: 27%
Mostly Unfavorable: 19%
Very Unfavorable: 33%

51% unfavorable..

Muslims are thus regarded a bit worse than the non-religious, but much better than atheists. Attitudes towards "Muslim Americans" were even better than this. All of these attitudes translated into whether people are willing to vote for a person for president. Here are the percentages of Americans who, according to this Pew Research Center survey, would refuse to vote for someone based on the relevant characteristic:

Catholic: 8%
Jewish: 10%
Evangelical Christian: 15%
Muslim: 38%
Atheist: 50%
Here are the numbers of born-again Christians who regard the impact of these groups as negative:

Islam: 71%
Buddhism: 76%
Scientology: 81%
Atheism: 92%

Here are the numbers of non-Christians who view the impact of the same groups as negative:

Islam: 24%
Buddhism: 22%
Scientology: 30%
Atheism: 50%

As the television show likes to say, Myth..Busted. I think I proved you wrong again Dive, I wish I wasn't right on this one but I am.

Last edited:
I'm not surprised at those numbers. I think most people view atheists as having no morals.

I'm not surprised at those numbers. I think most people view atheists as having no morals.

68% view of them of could have morals yet 62% wouldn't vote for one anyway. :cuckoo:

The thing is though, when you get higher unfavorable numbers than Scientology then you know people hate you. :lol:

I think most of us Agnostics/Atheists think that anybody who believes in the world starting 6500 yrs ago in a garden with a talking snake is just nuts. Oh, and lets not stop and forget how many people in history that have died in the name of God. Morals:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back