Middle Class eroding or why do Republicans pols hate the Middle Class

Republicans hate the Middle Class and love the Middle Class - it is a classic example of ambivalence.

Republicans know Middle Class Americans are workers whose wealth is a product of their personal toil, something Republicans admire. They also know Middle Class Americans pay taxes and demand results from pols they support by their votes. This they hate, for pols in general, and Republican pols in particular, love the wealthy and powerful (for in them they see their personal future) and it pisses them off to be held accountable by the hoi polloi, Middle Cloass voters.

Held accountable they will be come Novemeber 2012; it does not excape those of us in the middle class that the Republcian Party represents only the very wealthy and patronize all other Americans.

In my opinion... a couple making 250k a year is THE MIDDLE CLASS....the very ones who the left want to raise taxes on.

So who is it who hates the middle class??? :eusa_whistle:

This is probably what makes you look so fucking retarded.

American middle class - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Republicans hate the Middle Class and love the Middle Class - it is a classic example of ambivalence.

Republicans know Middle Class Americans are workers whose wealth is a product of their personal toil, something Republicans admire. They also know Middle Class Americans pay taxes and demand results from pols they support by their votes. This they hate, for pols in general, and Republican pols in particular, love the wealthy and powerful (for in them they see their personal future) and it pisses them off to be held accountable by the hoi polloi, Middle Cloass voters.

Held accountable they will be come Novemeber 2012; it does not excape those of us in the middle class that the Republcian Party represents only the very wealthy and patronize all other Americans.

In my opinion... a couple making 250k a year is THE MIDDLE CLASS....the very ones who the left want to raise taxes on.

The Drum Major Institute

Damn that sounds authoritative :lol::lol::lol:

What the fuck do progressives believe, if they continually repeat the same shit over and over again its going to come true?

Do they believe they live in the Wizard of Oz or something?

"There is no place like home er the USSR circa 1950."

wry Catcher when the Bush tax cuts expire you had better be paying attention to your tax liability because it's going to go up tremendously- app 2,000 per year for the middle class. Then write back and let us know how you feel about those rich Republicans who only give tax breaks to the wealthy.:lol::lol:

" When the democrats start talking about taxing the rich, the middle class needs to run for cover." Fred Thompson

What the fuck do progressives believe, if they continually repeat the same shit over and over again its going to come true?

Do they believe they live in the Wizard of Oz or something?

"There is no place like home er the USSR circa 1950."

They do live in Oz.:lol::lol::lol:

The Drum Major Institute

Damn that sounds authoritative :lol::lol::lol:

maybe you'd prefer to offer a source that suggests that 250k has something even remotely to do with the middle class.

or... I guess you can sit there and keep looking stupid.

:lol:

$250,00

Not only are they not rich they are also small business, dentists and doctors, mom and pop stores who have staff they pay out of that whopping $250,000 > Remember too, the dems want to tax this as gross income before any staff gets paid. Whoppee, we can then have a 50% unemployment rate and all go on vacation.

$250,00

Not only are they not rich they are also small business, dentists and doctors, mom and pop stores who have staff they pay out of that whopping $250,000 > Remember too, the dems want to tax this as gross income before any staff gets paid. Whoppee, we can then have a 50% unemployment rate and all go on vacation.

Do you - and the others - so focused on the 250,000 dollar figure understand the difference between gross and net income? Do you really believe a net (take home pay) in the amount of nearly $21,000. a month is Middle Class?

Asking the conservatives who frequent this message board to queston the dogma they hold as an immutable truth is asking the impossible. Most won't read anything longer than a simple sentence unless the word libtard or demorat is the first noun they encounter.

Suppply siders can fill their shelves with goods, as you correctly point out without good paying jobs the consumer cannot buy, and no one wins.

When you go to buy a car, a house, a new roof for your home, whatever; do you practice liberal or conservative principles?
Do you say "Hmm, this car costs 7K more than the other one but since those workers are underpaid and I feel sorry for them I will buy that car"?
Sure, right. Your ACTIONS are conservative when it comes to YOUR $$$$.
Your rhetoric is liberal when it comes to everything else.
It is very easy and comfortable to sit and be a liberal when YOU ARE SPENDING OTHER PEOPLE'S $$$$$$.

I buy a car according to my ability to afford it. within those parameters, I buy the car that gives me the most for my Dollar. Same with my government. I have been paying into Social Security and Medicare for 32 years. I have worked hard all my life and NEVER have used either Welfare or Unemployment. I have paid my taxes dutifully and proudly. Furthermore... if ALL the Bush tax cuts were to expire.. I'd pay those extra dollars in the same manner.

Btw... your analogy is pathetic. a car that cost 7K more AND the workers are underpaid? Have you looked at car prices lately? It doesn't matter what the pay of the workers is... they are competing with each other... not trying to make maximum profit take a back seat to cost. Remember when Kia and Hyundai came on the market? They were the cheapest cars available. Now that they are established... they aren't trying to be the cheapest anymore.... they are approximately the same price as any other car... give or take $1k or two.

but we aren't necessarily talking about that, are we? My beef is with the lowballing of the American workforce in favor of the Corporate profit. Is profit bad? not at all... but Maximizing profits at the expense of the workforce's ability to afford to live comfortably? that's bad, immoral, and in the long term... bad business.

We are getting to the point where the average American can barely afford to live in this country. Your side complains that 51% of the American People don't pay Federal Income Tax. I complain that 51% of the people are making 30k(median income) or less in this increasingly expensive country. When you look at the cost of living here, median income should be at least another 10k/ year and probably closer to twice that 30k.

If that were to happen, the economy would not only recover... but thrive... because people would actually be able to afford to buy shit without going into debt.... but then that would piss off the banking industry, who loves debt... because THEY make HUGE amounts of money off of it.

Your assumption that all corporations "maximize profits at the expense of the workforc's ability to live comfortably" is not only pathetic it is a lie.
If you do not like the 30K job then educate yourself for a 40K a year job which a plumber makes twice that, a 23 year old HVAC service person makes 45K and a car mechanic makes 50K.
Not my fault Americans are getting fat, lazy and too stupid to train themselves FOR WHAT THE MARKET DEMANDS, not what they feel good about working at.

When you go to buy a car, a house, a new roof for your home, whatever; do you practice liberal or conservative principles?
Do you say "Hmm, this car costs 7K more than the other one but since those workers are underpaid and I feel sorry for them I will buy that car"?
Sure, right. Your ACTIONS are conservative when it comes to YOUR $$$$.
Your rhetoric is liberal when it comes to everything else.
It is very easy and comfortable to sit and be a liberal when YOU ARE SPENDING OTHER PEOPLE'S $$$$$$.

I buy a car according to my ability to afford it. within those parameters, I buy the car that gives me the most for my Dollar. Same with my government. I have been paying into Social Security and Medicare for 32 years. I have worked hard all my life and NEVER have used either Welfare or Unemployment. I have paid my taxes dutifully and proudly. Furthermore... if ALL the Bush tax cuts were to expire.. I'd pay those extra dollars in the same manner.

Btw... your analogy is pathetic. a car that cost 7K more AND the workers are underpaid? Have you looked at car prices lately? It doesn't matter what the pay of the workers is... they are competing with each other... not trying to make maximum profit take a back seat to cost. Remember when Kia and Hyundai came on the market? They were the cheapest cars available. Now that they are established... they aren't trying to be the cheapest anymore.... they are approximately the same price as any other car... give or take $1k or two.

but we aren't necessarily talking about that, are we? My beef is with the lowballing of the American workforce in favor of the Corporate profit. Is profit bad? not at all... but Maximizing profits at the expense of the workforce's ability to afford to live comfortably? that's bad, immoral, and in the long term... bad business.

We are getting to the point where the average American can barely afford to live in this country. Your side complains that 51% of the American People don't pay Federal Income Tax. I complain that 51% of the people are making 30k(median income) or less in this increasingly expensive country. When you look at the cost of living here, median income should be at least another 10k/ year and probably closer to twice that 30k.

If that were to happen, the economy would not only recover... but thrive... because people would actually be able to afford to buy shit without going into debt.... but then that would piss off the banking industry, who loves debt... because THEY make HUGE amounts of money off of it.

Your assumption that all corporations "maximize profits at the expense of the workforc's ability to live comfortably" is not only pathetic it is a lie.
If you do not like the 30K job then educate yourself for a 40K a year job which a plumber makes twice that, a 23 year old HVAC service person makes 45K and a car mechanic makes 50K.
Not my fault Americans are getting fat, lazy and too stupid to train themselves FOR WHAT THE MARKET DEMANDS, not what they feel good about working at.

It is not a lie... it's the biggest reason that union busting and outsourcing take place. That's what kills me about you people. You ALWAYS, without fail... point to government and say "they're pulling something on us". But you absolutely refuse to do the same thing to the private sector. No matter what the subject... price gouging, the environment, stagnant and falling wages... it's the same thing... "it's all left wing propaganda".

BTW.... what happens when there's a glut of HVAC techs and auto Mechanics? Oh... yeah... they'll be lowballed too. Face it, your side wants this country kneecapped and it's people broke so that their big business buddies keep reeling in the bucks. Let me ask... what good is the corporate domination of American Companies when the people of America because of it?

You're too dumb to think outside of your own Conservative box.

"Your assumption that all corporations "maximize profits at the expense of the workforc's ability to live comfortably" is not only pathetic it is a lie."

Your assumption that they do not is silly. Profit is the bottom line, it is the purpose for the corporation. Doing good works can be a secondary goal, but profit is job number one. Salary/wages and benefits are the highest costs for most business and industry. Of course major start up costs in terms of machinary or tools or office space, etc. can be quite costly but they are generally amortized over years or decades.
Corporations move overseas to reduce costs. It really is that simple. In doing so they contribute to the unemployment rolls in this country and transfer wealth to India, China and other nations.

$250,00

I agree with your premise but the 250K is their net profit and income, not their gross income of the business.
NO one pays taxes on their gross income before expenses.

"Your assumption that all corporations "maximize profits at the expense of the workforc's ability to live comfortably" is not only pathetic it is a lie."

Your assumption that they do not is silly. Profit is the bottom line, it is the purpose for the corporation. Doing good works can be a secondary goal, but profit is job number one. Salary/wages and benefits are the highest costs for most business and industry. Of course major start up costs in terms of machinary or tools or office space, etc. can be quite costly but they are generally amortized over years or decades.
Corporations move overseas to reduce costs. It really is that simple. In doing so they contribute to the unemployment rolls in this country and transfer wealth to India, China and other nations.

If you were an employee or an owner of a business wouldn't you want PROFITS to be the #1`goal of the company?
The competititon does and if you don't then you HAVE NO JOB.

If you were an employee or an owner of a business wouldn't you want PROFITS to be the #1`goal of the company?

Of course. Understand though that this is myopic. If the product is to be sold it must have buyers and as more and more Americans remain unemployed less of what is produced overseas and imported is consumed. It may fit a short term business plan, but it is not sustainable. Supply side theory fails when no demand exists. No demand exists when the consumer is unemployed and food and shelter consume most of their income.

Realistically if pols took a long term view we would invest in America. Sadly, we invest in "emerging markets" by not protecting Americans jobs. I'm not sugggesting easy answers exist, but what I fail to see is any effort to seek solutions.

Of course. Understand though that this is myopic. If the product is to be sold it must have buyers and as more and more Americans remain unemployed less of what is produced overseas and imported is consumed. It may fit a short term business plan, but it is not sustainable. Supply side theory fails when no demand exists. No demand exists when the consumer is unemployed and food and shelter consume most of their income.

Realistically if pols took a long term view we would invest in America. Sadly, we invest in "emerging markets" by not protecting Americans jobs. I'm not sugggesting easy answers exist, but what I fail to see is any effort to seek solutions.

I agree with most of that. Good post.

It is not a lie... it's the biggest reason that union busting and outsourcing take place. That's what kills me about you people. You ALWAYS, without fail... point to government and say "they're pulling something on us". But you absolutely refuse to do the same thing to the private sector. No matter what the subject... price gouging, the environment, stagnant and falling wages... it's the same thing... "it's all left wing propaganda".

BTW.... what happens when there's a glut of HVAC techs and auto Mechanics? Oh... yeah... they'll be lowballed too. Face it, your side wants this country kneecapped and it's people broke so that their big business buddies keep reeling in the bucks. Let me ask... what good is the corporate domination of American Companies when the people of America because of it?

You're too dumb to think outside of your own Conservative box.

Price gouging? What's that?

The Middle Class is being killed off by the Democrats. The Middle Class has suffered immensely since the first day the Democrats took control of Congress. Just look at all the Economic Numbers since the Democrats took over. It's a dismal nightmare. The Democrats even had a Super Majority recently. They've run things in this Country for a long time now. So blaming Republicans just doesn't cut it. It's clearly the Democrat pols who hate the Middle Class. This Nation is in misery. And that's all on the Democrats.

The Middle Class is being killed off by the Democrats. The Middle Class has suffered immensely since the first day the Democrats took control of Congress. Just look at all the Economic Numbers since the Democrats took over. It's a dismal nightmare. The Democrats even had a Super Majority recently. They've run things in this Country for a long time now. So blaming Republicans just doesn't cut it. It's clearly the Democrat pols who hate the Middle Class. This Nation is in misery. And that's all on the Democrats.

Anti-union, anti-collective bargaining, anti-unemloyment insurance, anti-healthcare refrom, anti-tax reform, anti-campaign finance reform, anti-public education - the party of Norquist is killing off the Middle Class.

In fact the Democrat Pols seem to hate all Classes at this point. Everyone is suffering now. They've managed to screw all Classes over and I didn't think that was even possible. The Democrats have controlled things for awhile now and they have been a miserable failure for all Classes in this country. Obviously they'll blame the Republicans for this though. What else are they gonna do? Blame themselves? We'll see how America feels about Hopey Changey and Democrats in 2012. The People will decide. So see ya in 2012!

Do you - and the others - so focused on the 250,000 dollar figure understand the difference between gross and net income? Do you really believe a net (take home pay) in the amount of nearly $21,000. a month is Middle Class?

He does.

And he does despite the fact that the MEDIAN INCOME of all taxpayers in this nation is $21,000 A YEAR.

However, I do NOT think that a family making that much is actually very rich, either.

They are affluent.

And it those people in the say $50K to 250K who are most aggrieved by this screwed up far too flat tax system we have.

It is THEY who are getting the worst SCREWING from our tax system.

Forum List

Back