Middle Class eroding or why do Republicans pols hate the Middle Class

Threads like this just need to be deleted.

Can someone post the top 50 wealthiest people in congress? Dems seems to pull their fair share.
Nothing wrong with wealth...right?

Other than those on the far far left, nobody has a problem with wealth and people who earn wealth. It would just be nice if those people who earned that type of wealth on the backs of working Americans would at least pay their fair share, which currently they are not.

The argument goes like this: the wealthy are already overtaxed so we should cut programs for the poor and cut taxes for the wealthy, and so far the majority of the middle class buys into this. The problem is that the wealthy are undertaxed, not overtaxed. And no, the wealthy do not pay 70% of all taxes; they pay around 30% of all taxes while taking 45% of all income. They are undertaxed period.

Do you really believe the middle class is eroding?

What we have right now is a population that is top heavy or will be top heavy with elderly in the near future. If you look strictly at income, then, you would naturally show a decline in salary with the causal factor being ......retirement. A couple goes from a 6 figure salary to living on far less. Does this REALLY mean that an entire class is going away? I don't think so. Number crunching is fine, but the number crunchers need to be aware of a few variables.

Can someone post the top 50 wealthiest people in congress? Dems seems to pull their fair share.

Yeah... I love it... threads like this need deleted, but we can have as many "Obama sucks Donkey Dick" threads as you like, right?

Republicans hate the Middle Class and love the Middle Class - it is a classic example of ambivalence.

Republicans know Middle Class Americans are workers whose wealth is a product of their personal toil, something Republicans admire. They also know Middle Class Americans pay taxes and demand results from pols they support by their votes. This they hate, for pols in general, and Republican pols in particular, love the wealthy and powerful (for in them they see their personal future) and it pisses them off to be held accountable by the hoi polloi, Middle Cloass voters.

Held accountable they will be come Novemeber 2012; it does not excape those of us in the middle class that the Republcian Party represents only the very wealthy and patronize all other Americans.

Not likely. It will need to get much worse before the middle class turns its back on the Republicans. Conservatives are still winning the battle for the middle class, but I do think that will change in the next ten years.

Teachers, police officers, firefighters, EMT's, Union Workers are all Middle Class, the Republican Party has turned their back on all of them.

Thanks for the laff.

Republicans hate the Middle Class and love the Middle Class - it is a classic example of ambivalence.

Republicans know Middle Class Americans are workers whose wealth is a product of their personal toil, something Republicans admire. They also know Middle Class Americans pay taxes and demand results from pols they support by their votes. This they hate, for pols in general, and Republican pols in particular, love the wealthy and powerful (for in them they see their personal future) and it pisses them off to be held accountable by the hoi polloi, Middle Cloass voters.

Held accountable they will be come Novemeber 2012; it does not excape those of us in the middle class that the Republcian Party represents only the very wealthy and patronize all other Americans.

The middle class is eroding.

Most people are getting their shit together and getting out of it. It's called grad school, a desire to excel, and personal pride.

Grow some, or Supersize my #6 for the rest of your pathetic life.

Yeah... I love it... threads like this need deleted, but we can have as many "Obama sucks Donkey Dick" threads as you like, right?

I call threads like that out all the time. The main difference is threads with titles like "Obama sucks Donkey Dick" would never get opened on my computer.

The middle class, angry at out of control government spending, formed the Tea Party.
1.3% + 9.2% = buh bye Obama.

Teachers, police officers, firefighters, EMT's, Union Workers are all Middle Class, the Republican Party has turned their back on all of them.

Now they'll get benefits that are only 2 times better than what the rest of us get instead of 4 times better.

Oh, the poor babieeeeeeeees!

My sister was a teacher. 1 week vacation for fall break, a week off for Thanksgiving, 2 weeks off for Christmas, a week for spring break. That is 5 weeks right there. 7 weeks off in the summer. That would be 12 weeks, 3 full months, of paid vacation a year. Plus a benefit and retirement package to die for.
Her last 8 years she taught 4 classes a day and was home by 2:30 everyday. 85K a year for that. Retired at age 57.

Other than those on the far far left, nobody has a problem with wealth and people who earn wealth. It would just be nice if those people who earned that type of wealth on the backs of working Americans would at least pay their fair share, which currently they are not.

How do they earn it "on the back of American workers?" If it wasn't for the capital that the rich provide, the middle class would be scratching in the dirt for grubs and tubers.

The argument goes like this: the wealthy are already overtaxed so we should cut programs for the poor and cut taxes for the wealthy, and so far the majority of the middle class buys into this. The problem is that the wealthy are undertaxed, not overtaxed. And no, the wealthy do not pay 70% of all taxes; they pay around 30% of all taxes while taking 45% of all income. They are undertaxed period.

Where do you get these figures? The fact is that the top 10% of income earners pay 70% of all income taxes.

I am rich, arrogant, selfish, greedy, pompous and can be an ass hole and a whole ass.
I am sure there are no middle class folks that are arrogant, selfish, greedy, pompous and assholes.
Only rich folks can be those things.

Forum List

Back