Michelle and Jackie Similar?

Michelle Obama is NO Jakie Kennedy!!!

coats.jpg

she CAN NOT be - even by the physical proportions:

She is over 6 feet tall and Jackie was 5'4" at most.

Every woman who has any idea of fashion knows that it precludes any resemblance in fashion options.

So you think there's a big difference in style there in the side by side you used? Other than color and fabric? They both look lovely and similar.

pukingsmiley.gif

pukingsmiley.gif

pukingsmiley.gif

pukingsmiley.gif

Jackie was thirty when John ran for president, in her early 30's when he was killed. Michelle will be 50 in January.

Part of the tragedy, in my estimation, was that the family he left behind was so very young.

Anyway. I guess I'm wandering a bit, but my point is that age may also play a part in their differing styles.

Also, different centuries. :lol:

Back then, they said Jackie wore too much makeup, her hair was too poofy, she was uppity and stiff. Everyone's a critic.

I think Michelle looks just great, she's beautiful inside and out. They call that one Kardashian girl Golem because she doesn't look just like her sisters. This may be the problem we have here. Michelle is totally different and her own person. She's not like every other First Lady but she's taken fashion risks and used new designers and stayed true to her own taste.

Not for nothing but Jackie used French designers for both her person and her homes. As far as her being 50, 50 is the new 30.

Laura Bush was called the First Frump and Nancy Reagan was a giant head on a toothpick.

Link?

No one said those things about Jackie. Michelle is a sow.

Good thing nobody cares what you think.

You really don't get it?

Well, now that Katz chimed in, I do.

Ghetto, huh.

What do you think 8 years of constant hate does to a person? Do these people think that they can just shake something like that off once the dude is finished with his second term? Funny huh?

I don't know, why don't you tell us. Hatred is what liberals thought of bush. I don't hate obama, i hate what he is doing to our country.

I'm not a fan of Michelle, nor do I think she compares with Jackie. However, regardless of politics, I dislike the disrespect given to the First Lady.

I understand the premise of the thread and it is a great discussion, however it is going into other tangents that put posters under a bad light.

I also dislike the disrespect given to women and children in general on this board.

Michelle is a mother and is loved by her family as is Sarah. Their kids have done nothing to hurt any of us and yet they get called all sorts of names.

You can say Michelle is no Jackie and you can your reasons however calling her Moo? What is the point.

Disagree with Palin's politics, but really, calling her a slut? Not getting offended by someone wanting to defecate in another persons mouth?

You really want to demean half the world's population.

It shows an ugly side of many of you, on both sides of the spectrum. It's politics, nothing personal, just politics, get over it.

I used to post at a board where the folks called her Scoop Mouth.

I was not a Reagan fan, but Nancy was gracious. Actually, so was Laura Bush.

It's the lower jaw, her lower teeth must stick out an inch further than her uppers. One would think that with their money, she would have had that corrected. One of the girls inherited that jaw too.

Jackie was thirty when John ran for president, in her early 30's when he was killed. Michelle will be 50 in January.

Part of the tragedy, in my estimation, was that the family he left behind was so very young.

Anyway. I guess I'm wandering a bit, but my point is that age may also play a part in their differing styles.

Also, different centuries. :lol:

Back then, they said Jackie wore too much makeup, her hair was too poofy, she was uppity and stiff. Everyone's a critic.

I think Michelle looks just great, she's beautiful inside and out. They call that one Kardashian girl Golem because she doesn't look just like her sisters. This may be the problem we have here. Michelle is totally different and her own person. She's not like every other First Lady but she's taken fashion risks and used new designers and stayed true to her own taste.

Not for nothing but Jackie used French designers for both her person and her homes. As far as her being 50, 50 is the new 30.

Laura Bush was called the First Frump and Nancy Reagan was a giant head on a toothpick.

Lol, michelle is a monkey head on a whales body.

So you think there's a big difference in style there in the side by side you used? Other than color and fabric? They both look lovely and similar.

there is a big difference in the LOOKS.
Jackie looks great in that petit style, Michelle looks awful.
Michelle does not have a taste - not everybody does, she does not have a lady-like upbringing - not everybody does, but she also does not have good fashion advisers or she is too stubborn to listen to them.

These two women come from different worlds. The article is about fashion, nothing more. Around the world, Mrs. Obama is considered well dressed and attractive; her behavior is considered appropriate for her position, i.e., she is respected and admired. It is only partisan Americans who find her looks and behavior questionable and who say such vile things about her.

Jackie Kennedy inherited the 'Camelot' idea which, she, in fact, created. She has become a myth, a woman too good to be true. The fact is she was a very, very spoiled woman who came from a background of wealth and privilege most of us cannot even imagine.

Though Mrs. Obama has come from a comfortable background, it is not in the same universe as where Jackie came from. So, having a certain style and sophistication, as Jackie did, is something she was bred for from birth.

With Mrs. Obama, we have a well educated, middle/upper class woman who cannot, as far as style and sophistication, compete with someone born to aristocracy as Jackie was.

In looks, of course Mrs. Obama doesn't look like Jackie. One is African American, the other is European American, and someone, btw, and who spent her entire life honing her looks and style. To try to compare them is foolish.

As far as Jackie crawling on the back of the car, she did it to help the secret service man reach her and Jack. No one knows how they, Mrs. Obama, or anyone else would respond in such a situation, but there is no reason to assume anyone, not Michelle,, not anyone, would behave with less courage than Jackie did.

BTW, Jackie may have been worried about the safety and security of her kids, but she sold her body to the highest bidder, a man she did not love. This is not something I admire. She came from a family with enough wealth to find security for her kids.

Jackie Kennedy went to Vassar back when they actually had college classes in setting a table. She spent a year at the Sorbonne to be more graciously European.

Those were the days when women went to college to earn an MRS degree and be suitable wives for the Ivy League graduates.

Moo's style is to lumber along without walking. It is a shame that she is representative of the nation. She makes us look like oxen pawing the ground.

These two women come from different worlds. The article is about fashion, nothing more. Around the world, Mrs. Obama is considered well dressed and attractive; her behavior is considered appropriate for her position, i.e., she is respected and admired. It is only partisan Americans who find her looks and behavior questionable and who say such vile things about her.

Jackie Kennedy inherited the 'Camelot' idea which, she, in fact, created. She has become a myth, a woman too good to be true. The fact is she was a very, very spoiled woman who came from a background of wealth and privilege most of us cannot even imagine.

Though Mrs. Obama has come from a comfortable background, it is not in the same universe as where Jackie came from. So, having a certain style and sophistication, as Jackie did, is something she was bred for from birth.

With Mrs. Obama, we have a well educated, middle/upper class woman who cannot, as far as style and sophistication, compete with someone born to aristocracy as Jackie was.

In looks, of course Mrs. Obama doesn't look like Jackie. One is African American, the other is European American, and someone, btw, and who spent her entire life honing her looks and style. To try to compare them is foolish.

As far as Jackie crawling on the back of the car, she did it to help the secret service man reach her and Jack. No one knows how they, Mrs. Obama, or anyone else would respond in such a situation, but there is no reason to assume anyone, not Michelle,, not anyone, would behave with less courage than Jackie did.

BTW, Jackie may have been worried about the safety and security of her kids, but she sold her body to the highest bidder, a man she did not love. This is not something I admire. She came from a family with enough wealth to find security for her kids.

Finally someone with a clear and defined opinion. Nice post.

Jackie Kennedy went to Vassar back when they actually had college classes in setting a table. She spent a year at the Sorbonne to be more graciously European.

Those were the days when women went to college to earn an MRS degree and be suitable wives for the Ivy League graduates.

That is true, but one would think that being intelligent enough, Michelle would actually learn quickly all those table manners and other etiquette necessities.

Hugging the Queen was one of the classic examples of what you called "the ghetto bone".

All the manners are learnable. If one wants to learn and does not consider herself/himself too good for that learning.

Being a FLOTUS is a JOB. It has it's own requirements.

She is not doing a good job.
Neither does her husband - both are epic FAILURES.

And one of the reasons is that they both do not want to learn and listen.

That is true, but one would think that being intelligent enough, Michelle would actually learn quickly all those table manners and other etiquette necessities.

Hugging the Queen was one of the classic examples of what you called "the ghetto bone".

All the manners are learnable. If one wants to learn and does not consider herself/himself too good for that learning.

Maybe she isn't doing what you would like her to do but she is definately doing a good job. Her husband is as well.

So now, where does this conversation go at this point? You all leave no room for any other opinion but your own when you say stuff like that.

Maybe she isn't doing what you would like her to do but she is definately doing a good job. Her husband is as well.

So now, where does this conversation go at this point? You all leave no room for any other opinion but your own when you say stuff like that.

You simply have a different definition of good job.

She was getting parts of her husbands skull, that is what she was doing, even the secret service agent has said that. I don't know how anyone would react in that situation, or react in grief.

I don't question Jackie's motives.

You simply have a different definition of good job.

I agree.

This pisses me off. Not sure exactly why, but it does. Michelle is NOTHING like Jackie. Who is this dumbfuck that wrote this crap?

White House Style: Michelle O vs. Jackie O | HelloBeautiful

I was under the impression Jackie Knew JFK was fucking pretty much everything in a skirt in the white house...?

Pretty sure Michelle is not dealing with any of that. God bless the President of the united states and God bless his beautiful family.

And that has what to do with comparing the Big Moo to Jackie?

Big Moo?

Forum List

Back