Duke Lacrosse accuser convicted

Ernie S.

Diamond Member
Nov 14, 2010
Sweet Home Alabama
Crystal Mangum found guilty of 2nd-degree murder.

DURHAM — A jury found Crystal Mangum guilty of second-degree murder Friday for stabbing and killing her boyfriend, Reginald Daye, in 2011.

After Superior Court Judge Paul Ridgeway sentenced Mangum to 14 years and two months to 18 years in prison, deputies immediately led her handcuffed out of the courtroom.

Mangum’s attorney, Daniel Meir, said she will appeal.

The case was unusual because, unlike most murder cases, the jury heard the victim’s side of the story.

Where was Al Sharpton? Did he demonstrate and demand justice for Reginald Daye?

ETA LINK

Last edited:
Whatever makes them enough money to buy crack, malt liquor, and raise 5 illegitimate children. They gonna paid up in there.

Durham is just up the road from me. It was real big here. Hell half of the Duke University faculty took out a full page ad in the Raleigh paper declaring them guilty before the trial began. The race baiters went nuts. And then...oh my ...she was found to be a fucking fraud and liar. The kids had airtight alibis. Now she murders her boyfriend and she gets off light IMO.

Crystal Mangum found guilty of 2nd-degree murder.

DURHAM — A jury found Crystal Mangum guilty of second-degree murder Friday for stabbing and killing her boyfriend, Reginald Daye, in 2011.

After Superior Court Judge Paul Ridgeway sentenced Mangum to 14 years and two months to 18 years in prison, deputies immediately led her handcuffed out of the courtroom.

Mangum’s attorney, Daniel Meir, said she will appeal.

The case was unusual because, unlike most murder cases, the jury heard the victim’s side of the story.

Where was Al Sharpton? Did he demonstrate and demand justice for Reginald Daye?

Dang, I was hoping she went to jail for falsely accusing the Duke Lacrosse team of rape.

Durham is just up the road from me. It was real big here. Hell half of the Duke University faculty took out a full page ad in the Raleigh paper declaring them guilty before the trial began. The race baiters went nuts. And then...oh my ...she was found to be a fucking fraud and liar. The kids had airtight alibis. Now she murders her boyfriend and she gets off light IMO.

Did they appologise for declaring them guilty before the trial began? Or did they just ignore presumed innocent

Did they appologise for declaring them guilty before the trial began? Or did they just ignore presumed innocent

No they didn't. And yes they did. When they found them innocent all you heard was...crickets.

Not if they had tenure! College faculty really loathe the rich students. They resent that the students will graduate as doctors, nurses, and business people making a hell of a lot more than faculty make.

Before I left academia, I had a faculty member come to my office and ask me what I thought of him going to law school. He was considerably younger than I. I told him I thought he would never have any regrets. At graduation, when I wore my purple doctoral robe he told me he had decided to go for it.

Forum List

Back