Much-vaunted US-supplied glide bombs given to Ukraine “didn’t work” due to a combination of mud and Russian signal jamming, the Pentagon has admitted.

Thanks, just proves that optical guided weapons are far superior, but they are a lot more expensive.

Horses for courses. Laser and tv guided bombs are accurate but not much good in bad weather, and you need a launch platform that is survivable in the battle space.

The air launched missiles like the Scalp/Storm Shadow have been very effective for Ukraine, but they are not in great supply.

Yeah, he did a shitty job of designing them, that is for sure.

Back in realty, this is the best time to find out the flaws in them.
Actually, the time for finding flaws is before they are deployed. It's this sheer laziness and lack of demanding excellence before dumping millions of our dollars on these projects that leads to such failures.

What is shows is the quality of people xiden has working in the pentagon.

yes, because those bombs were designed and built all after 2021....fuck you people are stupid. It is a wonder you remember how to breath.

Actually, the time for finding flaws is before they are deployed. It's this sheer laziness and lack of demanding excellence before dumping millions of our dollars on these projects that leads to such failures.

I can never decide with your post if you are this stupid or if it is just an act.

I can never decide with your post if you are this stupid or if it is just an act.
Are you disputing what I said? Do you have any idea how many of our primary weapon systems are outdated junk? Our main battle tank is a 40 year old platform. Our current methods are simply to attempt to add bells and whistles without updating the primary platforms. That is asking to be passed by. It's pure laziness.

Are you disputing what I said? Do you have any idea how many of our primary weapon systems are outdated junk? Our main battle tank is a 40 year old platform. Our current methods are simply to attempt to add bells and whistles without updating the primary platforms. That is asking to be passed by. It's pure laziness.

Yes, I am disputing what you said. No weapons system is ever perfect the first time it is used, you can only test so many different scenarios. We have had entire weapons systems that were designed and developed and deployed that never were used in a conflict. The HAWK missile is one such weapon system. So in the end we really did not know how it would preform in an actaul live combat situation.

One of the laws of warfare is that no plan survives first contact with the enemy. The same holds true for any weapons system, they always need to be updated and tweaked after they are deployed.

Tanks are a relic of the past, it is time to move past our reliance on them.

Yes, I am disputing what you said. No weapons system is ever perfect the first time it is used, you can only test so many different scenarios. We have had entire weapons systems that were designed and developed and deployed that never were used in a conflict. The HAWK missile is one such weapon system. So in the end we really did not know how it would preform in an actaul live combat situation.

One of the laws of warfare is that no plan survives first contact with the enemy. The same holds true for any weapons system, they always need to be updated and tweaked after they are deployed.

Tanks are a relic of the past, it is time to move past our reliance on them.
In the case of these drones, jamming is a foreseeable problem that was clearly not addressed. Tanks aren't a relic, the tactics and strategies simply need to be updated in their use and defense. Mobile infantry support with the ability to offer high damage direct support shouldn't be abandoned outright. It simply appears we are falling into complacency.

58% of America supports Ukraine receiving weapons and support from the USA.
29% believe it should be increased.

Regardless of the volume of Russian paid trolls to the contrary
What Russian paid trolls? Link?

yes, because those bombs were designed and built all after 2021....fuck you people are stupid. It is a wonder you remember how to breath.

Well like a typical commie, you lack the ability to follow a conversation. That particular post was made about the quality of the article in the link and the briefing behind it. So right back at ya you pathetic moron.

Parade-Ground Weapons

In Vietnam, three of my company's M-60 machineguns and three 3.5 rocket launchers got on line to prep-fire a possible VC ambush.

Six clicks. All had failed to fire. The M-14 rifle was also unreliable. The grenades were useless under jungle-rot conditions.

In the case of these drones, jamming is a foreseeable problem that was clearly not addressed. Tanks aren't a relic, the tactics and strategies simply need to be updated in their use and defense. Mobile infantry support with the ability to offer high damage direct support shouldn't be abandoned outright. It simply appears we are falling into complacency.
Smug as a Bug Under a Rug. Then SQUISH.

Forum List

Back