Michael Tomasky - Congress To Get More Conservative.....

Libs won't touch it and neither will the pussies in the middle.
Won't touch what? What is the point you are trying to make? That it's going to be a more conservative Congress?

Tomasky's assertion.
How about you using your words, to tell me what your point is, OK?

This isn't his Daily Beast column, it's for the NY Review of Books, for the December 18th issue. So he prolly wrote it between the 10th and the 17th.

The lead story out of the mainstream political press this year has been that establishment conservatism “tamed” the Tea Party, and to the extent that a number of Tea Party challengers lost to establishment conservatives in GOP primaries, this is true. But it’s also a fact that McConnell’s caucus is about to get considerably more conservative than it had been, with the addition of seven very conservative senators: Ernst, Perdue, Colorado’s Cory Gardner, Nebraska’s Ben Sasse, Montana’s Steve Daines, Arkansas’s Tom Cotton, and North Carolina’s Thom Tillis.4

In a nutshell, this election did nothing to hurt the Tea Party.

When a state IS a religion - like Utah - how can separation of Church and State have any meaning at all?
The state is a bit more than 55% LDS while the legislators are 92% LDS, so, yeah, it does not mean the same thing as in Ohio or Colorado or California.

Tomasky: false conclusion. The TPM revolt was crushed in the new House and the new GOP senators will do what McConnell wants, not the TPM.

Yes, the TPM lost in Congress, no two ways you put lipstick ofa TP pig.

Won't touch what? What is the point you are trying to make? That it's going to be a more conservative Congress?

Tomasky's assertion.

This isn't his Daily Beast column, it's for the NY Review of Books, for the December 18th issue. So he prolly wrote it between the 10th and the 17th.

The lead story out of the mainstream political press this year has been that establishment conservatism “tamed” the Tea Party, and to the extent that a number of Tea Party challengers lost to establishment conservatives in GOP primaries, this is true. But it’s also a fact that McConnell’s caucus is about to get considerably more conservative than it had been, with the addition of seven very conservative senators: Ernst, Perdue, Colorado’s Cory Gardner, Nebraska’s Ben Sasse, Montana’s Steve Daines, Arkansas’s Tom Cotton, and North Carolina’s Thom Tillis.4

Doesn't look like it matters much

Tomasky's assertion.

In the grand scheme of things....I would agree.

However, I was just pointing out that JakeTheFake is dreaming when he says the Tea Party (far right conservatives) are a dying breed.

Most of what you describe isn't universal. Education might have been at one time, but many people question what they are getting (or their children are getting) for their tax dollars.

Nowadays, people aren't getting much for their tax dollars. They get a nearly useless HS diploma, and a massive bill in order to get a higher education which is very necessary in order to be competitive in today's market. If we would only address this problem, many of our other social problems would be fixed as well.

Tomasky's assertion.

However, I was just pointing out that JakeTheFake is dreaming when he says the Tea Party (far right conservatives) are a dying breed.
You said the above, L, not me. The TP got the shit kicked out of it last week. Let's see if that continues.

The state is a bit more than 55% LDS while the legislators are 92% LDS, so, yeah, it does not mean the same thing as in Ohio or Colorado or California.

OK, so you live in a theocracy. Now 'splain how there's any difference between the burqa and your mystical-magical pajamas. I mean other than one being worn openly.

One, I am not LDS so no magic garments for me.

Two, I have not seen any scimitar wielding killers running around while yodeling obscenities.

Three, the more weird of the politicians (our two past AGs, for example) face the courts for trampling the law.

Four, it is new to me that you have taken up atheism, but to each his own.

I answered you. And you are bouncing like flubber.

Now answer me. When did you become an atheist?

Tomasky's assertion.

You said the above, L, not me. The TP got the shit kicked out of it last week. Let's see if that continues.

You have a keen grasp of the obvious.

So what happened to Boner ?

Seems he's rolling over.

Tough shit.

You have a keen grasp of the obvious.

So what happened to Boner ?

Seems he's rolling over.

Tough shit.

He is, rolling over the TP into mush.

So you are a submissive nothing. OK. Stand for nothing then.

Me, I am in the party (the good part of it) and doing good things for the state, as we continue to isolate the hard right.

The dems don't count.

Forum List

Back