Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays

I don't understand why it seems like some people try to use it as a poke in the eye.

I mean, I'm not Christian and I still say it sometimes but usually happy holidays, but damnit if people here don't act like it's a "so THERE!!" like, grow the fuggup.

I get ya
:cool:
Sorta contradicts the spirit, don't it?!

Yea, I believe so.

They even have to bold it and make it gigantic like MERRY CHRISTMAS.

there's a difference between political correctness and just flat out having respect for other people and their beliefs. is it tough? I dunno, I guesso.

I don't understand why it seems like some people try to use it as a poke in the eye.

I mean, I'm not Christian and I still say it sometimes but usually happy holidays, but damnit if people here don't act like it's a "so THERE!!" like, grow the fuggup.

I get ya
Sorta contradicts the spirit, don't it?!

Yea, I believe so.

They even have to bold it and make it gigantic like MERRY CHRISTMAS.

there's a difference between political correctness and just flat out having respect for other people and their beliefs. is it tough? I dunno, I guesso.

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

I owe ya, GT

You sound like a first class lunatic of the Sky variety.

Alright you.... lets be nice.

Its Christmas time :cool:

Christmas, Easter and during presidential elections...the "crazy" ratchets up about 100 percent.

I will give TM something...I believe she sincerely believes conservatives are the anti-christ. Or whatever serves as an equivilent in her world.

Sincerity, even when one is really, really wrong, is worth SOMETHING.

No you are dead wrong.

Conservatives merely adhere to historically failed ideas that have harmed this country and will continue to harm this country.

I have no idea why you do this and it doesnt much matter.

the worst part is you deny cold hard court documented facts to adhere to your historically failed ideas.

Why do you do that?

Which do you say and why?

Unless I know the people are Christian, I say "Happy Holidays", it's more inclusive.

In business, I go with "Happy Holidays," because that covers them all. At home, with neighbors whom I know are Christian, I say, "Merry Christmas." I do that because it brings them a sense of familiarity and warmth. My goal, especially at this time of year, is to be very kind and thoughtful.

And to all of you, I wish, gratitude.

imagesCAF7CUS7-1.gif

I love your goal of being thoughtful and kind. I just turned 60 and life is too short to be arguing over silly things.

Merry Christmas is lovely. Happy Hannukah is wonderful. Happy New Year is great. Happy Holidays includes them all.

I wouldn't want to be limited or told I had to use only one greeting for all people this season, would you?

PS. I have a kitty just like the one wearing your santa hat.

Most often I will say Merry Christmas

So far this year I have said

Merry Christmas
Happy Hannukah
Blessed Yule
and
Happy Kwanza

Though I still don't understand what Kwanza is supposed to be.....

I don't think I've used Happy Holidays in a decade or 2.......

Merry Christmas
Happy Hannukah
Blessed Yule
and
Happy Kwanza

Ya gotta watch out for Kwanza Klaus

he'll break in and steal all your shit

:lol:

Merry Christmas
Happy Hannukah
Blessed Yule
and
Happy Kwanza

I would rather tell someone to go to Hell rather than say happy Karenga, errrrr kwanzaa.... its a separatist thing.

Way back in 1966 Ron Karenga, a self-proclaimed radical black separatist created history’s most pathetic holiday: Kwanzaa. It is pure Karenga, a seven-day celebration of crypto-Marxist values with racist overtones. According to the official Kwanzaa website the celebration was designed to nurture “conditions that would enhance the revolutionary social change for the masses of Black Americans.” Each day of Kwanzaa emphasizes a principle such as “unity” or “collective work” or “cooperative economics”:cuckoo: - Marxism folks...
Karenga branded Kwanzaa a black alternative to Christmas. In 1977, the then sixteen-year-old minister Al Sharpton declared that the Kwanzaa feast would perform the much needed service of “de-whitizing” Christmas.
As far as I am concerned, it is the black anti-Christmas. :eusa_whistle:

Merry Christmas
Happy Hannukah
Blessed Yule
and
Happy Kwanza

I would rather tell someone to go to Hell rather than say happy Karenga, errrrr kwanzaa.... its a separatist thing.

Way back in 1966 Ron Karenga, a self-proclaimed radical black separatist created history’s most pathetic holiday: Kwanzaa. It is pure Karenga, a seven-day celebration of crypto-Marxist values with racist overtones. According to the official Kwanzaa website the celebration was designed to nurture “conditions that would enhance the revolutionary social change for the masses of Black Americans.” Each day of Kwanzaa emphasizes a principle such as “unity” or “collective work” or “cooperative economics”:cuckoo: - Marxism folks...
Karenga branded Kwanzaa a black alternative to Christmas. In 1977, the then sixteen-year-old minister Al Sharpton declared that the Kwanzaa feast would perform the much needed service of “de-whitizing” Christmas.
Nevermind that; where the hell are the presents??????

Last edited:

Merry Christmas
Happy Hannukah
Blessed Yule
and
Happy Kwanza

For one, where the hell are the presents??????

Right now????

For one, where the hell are the presents??????

Right now????
Anytime during that celebration. I went to the site and didn't see any mention of them.

What the heck is up with THAT? :eek:

Merry Christmas
Happy Hannukah
Blessed Yule
and
Happy Kwanza

I have no problem saying Tashi Deleg, Happy Kwanza, Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Happy Hannukah or Happy New Year.

Merry Christmas
Happy Hannukah
Blessed Yule
and
Happy Kwanza

I have no problem saying Tashi Deleg, Happy Kwanza, Merry Christmas, Happy Solstice, Happy Hannukah or Happy New Year.

And I celebrate your right to do just that :clap2:

We get offended way to easily these days.

But I still hate kwanzaa bc it is designed to separate us. Guess thats my right too huh?

But I still hate kwanzaa bc it is designed to separate us. Guess thats my right too huh?

Hate Kwanza all you like. It was made up by a black American. I don't see the point in hating it, but it's your choice.

I say "Feliz Navidad"....I spend almost every Christmas in Mexico or Central America.

When I am here, I usually say "Merry Christmas". If that offends you, you're probably looking to be offended. Of course if you are wearing a turban, a burqa, or a yarmulke - I'd probably say "Happy Holidays"....:lol:

Hate Kwanza all you like. It was made up by a black American. I don't see the point in hating it, but it's your choice.

It is designed to separate the races..... its a joke.
But thanks for letting be a hater

Now MERRY CHRISTMAS damn it..! :lol:

It is designed to separate the races..... its a joke.
But thanks for letting be a hater

Now MERRY CHRISTMAS damn it..! :lol:

Something a bit odd about Merry Christmas DAMN IT, but so be it.

Forum List

Back