Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays

Sky Dancer

Rookie
Jan 21, 2009
Which do you say and why?

Unless I know the people are Christian, I say "Happy Holidays", it's more inclusive.

I always said Merry Christmas. Then for several years it was Happy Holidays. I'm back to Merry Christmas as I do NOT want to let political correctness rule my life !

I say "Merry Christmas". If I know someone is Jewish, I still say it AND I say "Seasons greetings" or "Happy holidays" or "Happy Hanukkah". If they say "Happy Hanukkah" to me, it does not offend me in the least. If a pagan says "Happy Solstice" to me, it does not offend me.

I always say Merry Christmas and I have yet to have someone take offense to it.

I say "Merry Christmas" to everyone.
I don't care what color they are, what kind of hat or clothing they are wearing......how old or young they may be.....I don't ask their religion.....I just don't care, I say Merry fucking Christmas......well, I leave out the F bomb...(Unless I'm pissed).
I can use Happy Holidays...I guess that could cover ..what??...Christmas and New Year's??
Big whoopie shit.......Merry Christmas is fine and then come New Year's, I will say Happy New Year~

This is like the assholes who get all pissy if you write Merry Xmas instead of Merry Christmas.
OMFG they screech....you have taken the word Christ out of Christmas!
No I did not....I just abbreviated because the damn poster board wasn't wide enough....geezz..get a grip people~

My best friend is Jewish. She doesn't take offense to Christmas greetings.

Most Jews are quite gracious about it. I say Happy Hannukah when I knew the person is Jewish. I don't have a problem with being culturally sensitive. It's no imposition at all.

I think it's a damn shame when a Merry Christmas greeting is used angrily. Defeats the whole purpose.

Last edited:
or Tashi Deleg!

I like Happy Holidays because it covers them all.

Last edited:
I like to say "Merry Christmas" because I'm not into all of this politically correct bull shit.

Do you say Merry Christmas to Jews and atheists intentionally? I'd say Happy Hannukah or Happy Holidays, myself.

Well, aren't you "special". If I know someone is Jewish I say Happy Hannukah but as best I can tell, there are no outward signs to indicate a person is an atheist and if they are, that's their problem. They can handle the Merry Christmas wish any way they desire.

seasons tidings covers it all too and the religious right hasnt deemed it WAR WORDS ........yet.

They want NO ONE ELSE to mention their religious holiday but their own.

I dont know why?

Forum List

Back