Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays

I like to say "Merry Christmas" because I'm not into all of this politically correct bull shit.

Do you say Merry Christmas to Jews and atheists intentionally? I'd say Happy Hannukah or Happy Holidays, myself.

Well, aren't you "special". If I know someone is Jewish I say Happy Hannukah but as best I can tell, there are no outward signs to indicate a person is an atheist and if they are, that's their problem. They can handle the Merry Christmas wish any way they desire.

Since there are no outward signs that tell us whether the person is Jewish, Christian or atheist, I say Happy Holidays.

It's not a question of being "special", it just what I'm comfortable with. When I know a person is Christian I say Merry Christmas.

Its old school tradition.

Back when christians did the christian thing and didnt insist only their religion had a right to this time of the year.

Back when christians did the christian thing and didnt insist only their religion had a right to this time of the year.

I don't know if it's old school to say Merry Christmas or not. When I was a kid, I lived in a Catholic neighborhood, where the most exotic neighbors were Lutheran or Presbyterian.

It wasn't an issue in those days.

Merry Christmas, of course. Unless the person i talk to celebrates Hannakuh, in which case I wish them a Happy Hannakuh.

But as it's Christmas season, I am not going to not wish people a Merry Christmas.

its originally a pagen holiday that was taken over by the christians to over take the pagens living there

Christmas - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Winter festivals

Main article: List of winter festivals

A winter festival was the most popular festival of the year in many cultures. Reasons included the fact that less agricultural work needs to be done during the winter, as well as an expectation of better weather as spring approached.[80] Modern Christmas customs include: gift-giving and merrymaking from Roman Saturnalia; greenery, lights, and charity from the Roman New Year; and Yule logs and various foods from Germanic feasts.[81]

Pagan Scandinavia celebrated a winter festival called Yule, held in the late December to early January period.[citation needed] As Northern Europe was the last part to Christianize, its pagan traditions had a major influence on Christmas, especially Koleda,[82] which was incorporated into the Christmas carol. Scandinavians still call Christmas Jul. In English, the word Yule is synonymous with Christmas,[83] a usage first recorded in 900.

its originally a pagen holiday that was taken over by the christians to over take the pagens living there

Thank you for sharing that...after all, it's not like everybody hasn't heard that exactly 5 BILLION TIMES already.

Huh?:eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh::eusa_eh:
Do you have any idea how retarded you sound?

Anyway, per the OP...

I say both, depending on whether I'm up for a rambling diatribe against Christmas or being subjected to some ignorant blow hard tell me, yet again, that Christmas isn't really Christmas, it's just a leftover of a PAGAN holiday that Christians stole, blah blah blah blah.

The funny thing is...up until 10 years ago, none of those yahoos had ever even HEARD of paganism. This is crap they learned watching National Geo KIDS.

Thank you for sharing that...after all, it's not like everybody hasn't heard that exactly 5 BILLION TIMES already.

Oh, I know, right? Every time you post here, it's some dazzling new piece of information I had never heard before.

:thup:

I like to say "Merry Christmas" because I'm not into all of this politically correct bull shit.

Do you say Merry Christmas to Jews and atheists intentionally? I'd say Happy Hannukah or Happy Holidays, myself.

So do you ask folks if they are Jewish before each conversation??? :confused:

I say Merry Christmas... if someone is offended by it, then thats their problem.... Jee wiz we are nuts!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY.... :funnyface:

Oh, I know, right? Every time you post here, it's some dazzling new piece of information I had never heard before.

:thup:

And I don't have to draw everybody's attention to it, because I can count on you doing it for me!

Thanks! :lol::lol:

Im sure Jesus was all about insulting others and not caring

So is that why last year when I sent you a personal PM saying Merry Christmas, and extending an olive branch in your direction, I rec'd no reply?

And yes.... I did send it to you.

Were you offended by it?

:confused:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back