Merry Christmas/ Happy Holidays

Which do you say and why?

Unless I know the people are Christian, I say "Happy Holidays" as for me it's more inclusive and allows for an opening, especially with Canadians who end ever sentence raised as if in a question, eh?

I say "Festive Season" and leave it open ended with a Canadian eh?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leMm4F4NAJ0]Family Guy-Canada Sucks - YouTube[/ame]

^^
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVBI4jHa88I]How to Taper and Line up the Back of your Head! - YouTube[/ame]

:lol:

Seasons Greetings in Australia......So "Seasons Greetings to YOU Sky Dancer and Happy New Year" theliq:clap2:

There is no Christmas in Australia? :lol:
:lol::lol:now you would know of course.NOT:cool:

You are saying there is no Christmas in Australia then? :eusa_whistle:

The term Seasons Greetings or Happy Holidays include the season which begins at Thanksgiving and ends after New Years Day.

You want to attempt to mess with me only because I asked for a clarifying answer from you? WOW!

Merry Christmas, BTW.

Love the photo Si,can you please show it full size,thanks theliq
:confused:
:confused::confused:!! do you have a larger image that shows Santa completely with the pups???????:cool:
Oh, gotcha.

It's from a greeting card and they cut Santa off at the waist. But, here is a bit bigger one.

xmasbassets.jpg

I'm glad you like it.

Last edited:
I say "Feliz Navidad"....I spend almost every Christmas in Mexico or Central America.

When I am here, I usually say "Merry Christmas". If that offends you, you're probably looking to be offended. Of course if you are wearing a turban, a burqa, or a yarmulke - I'd probably say "Happy Holidays"....:lol:

I'll get to Feliz Navidad soon enough when I have to make the dreaded call to the MIL...

Hmm, I said something pretty similar in response to del and you didn't like it.
Because you took "blow me" seriously!

Yes, I did. No one in my RL talks to me like that. He said it in anger.
Far be it for me to tell you what to do, but if you are going to take what is said to you at USMB to heart, then you are looking to have hurt feelings.

But, that doesn't mean you haven't a choice: You can continue to post here and take the responses you get to heart and be hurt; or you can emulate a duck's back and not be hurt; or you can stop posting.

We almost always have choice, and knowing that is freedom.

Because you took "blow me" seriously!

Far be it for me to tell you what to do, but if you are going to take what is said to you at USMB to heart, then you are looking to have hurt feelings.

But, that doesn't mean you haven't a choice: You can continue to post here and take the responses you get to heart and be hurt; or you can emulate a duck's back and not be hurt; or you can stop posting.

If something hurts, I say ouch. del didn't correct me and tell me he said "blow me" in fun. He didn't. Nobody talks to me like that in RL and I won't encourage it here.

I have no control over others. I value emotional honesty. When something hurts, I say so.

I'd like to get to the point where I do not retaliate when I'm hurt, the way I did with del. Retaliating is costly.

Last edited:

If something hurts, I say ouch. del didn't correct me and tell me he said "blow me" in fun. He didn't. Nobody talks to me like that in RL and I won't encourage it here.

I have no control over others. I value emotional honesty. When something hurts, I say so.

I'd like to get to the point where I do not retaliate when I'm hurt, the way I did with del. Retaliating is costly.

Then you need to learn how to laugh sky. Its called banter...and you roll with it.

Ive not spoken to hortysir...but am pretty sure he said blow me as a joke and i am pretty sure he thinks me biting his dick in response is a joke and funny as hell too. Even if he is not saying it as a joke....its pretty damn funny....and i answered in kind as i said i would. I am not offended or upset about what he said in the slightest.

Then you need to learn how to laugh sky. Its called banter...and you roll with it.

Ive not spoken to hortysir...but am pretty sure he said blow me as a joke and i am pretty sure he thinks me biting his dick in response is a joke and funny as hell too. Even if he is not saying it as a joke....its pretty damn funny....and i answered in kind as i said i would. I am not offended or upset about what he said in the slightest.

del was NOT joking with me. He was angry at me when he said it. del intended to hurt me. I don't think rape jokes are funny. NOBODY talks to me like that in RL. I'm not going to put up with it from some anonymous rageholic who hates women.

Hortysir is not angry with you. Hortysir is joking with you. Het humor, I guess. Call me culture shocked.

Of course you weren't offended. you and hortysir are joking around. You invite that kind of banter with your avies. You and hortysir joke around sexually.

del doesn't joke with me. We're not on those kind of terms. I took his comment as a rape joke in poor taste.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back