Megyn Kellys report on Obamacare lies

This is me:

Household income in 2014:

0% of poverty level

Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy:

None

Health Insurance premium in 2014 (for a silver plan, before tax credit):

$2,596 per year

You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to:

$0 per year
(which covers 0% of the overall premium)

Amount you pay for the premium:

$2,596 per year
(which equals Infinity% of your household income and covers 100% of the overall premium)

Other Levels of Coverage

The premium amounts above are based on a Silver plan. You could purchase other levels of coverage, such as a Gold plan (which would be more comprehensive) or a Bronze plan (which would be less comprehensive).

For example, you could enroll in a Bronze plan for about $2,152 per year (which is Infinity% of your household income). For most people, the Bronze plan represents the minimum level of coverage required under health reform. Although you would pay less in premiums by enrolling in a Bronze plan, you will face higher out-of-pocket costs than if you enrolled in a Silver plan.

Out of Pocket Costs

Your out-of-pocket maximum for a Silver plan (not including the premium) can be no more than $6,350. Whether you reach this maximum level will depend on the amount of health care services you use. Currently, about one in four people use no health care services in any given year.

A Silver plan has an actuarial value of 70%. This means that for all enrollees in a typical population, the plan will pay for 70% of expenses in total for covered benefits, with enrollees responsible for the rest. If you choose to enroll in a Bronze plan, the actuarial value will be 60%, meaning your out-of-pocket costs when you use services will likely be higher. Regardless of which level of coverage you choose, deductibles and copayments will vary from plan to plan, and out-of-pocket costs will depend on your health care expenses. Preventive services will be covered with no cost sharing required.

you are eligible for Medicaid, why do you need obamacare?

Has anyone,anyone,from the administration,from the WH controlled media,the Obama followers here addressed the fact that hundreds of thousands of people are being dropped from their
coverage.

This was Obama's big selling point that if you had health care you would not be affected.

I'm listening as closely as I can without cable TV. I haven't heard anything. I am curious to say that least about how Obama will deal with it -- when he'll so much as mention the fact and when he'll talk about a remedy for the people whose lives he has thrown into turmoil.

Will once be enough? Please pay attention.

Nearly 15 million Americans ( commonly referenced ) have health insurance purchased on the individual market ( not employer based ). Many of these plans are shitty and do not meet the minimum standards for consumer protection stipulated in the ACA.

If a person has one of these shitty plans, their insurance company has or will send them a notice telling them that they must make a change in coverage. Some unscrupulous insurance providers are using these cancellation letters to scare consumers into buying costlier plans outside of the exchange. But...by law, the letter must tell the insured that they have the option of going on the exchange....which has a variety of plans...all of which are better quality plans than the one they currently have. In some cases, the plans on the exchange will cost a few bucks more.....but most people in this demographic will qualify for subsidies that bring the cost down.

In most cases, the insurance company that is sending the letter also has plans on the exchange which are very similar and have the same doctors, etc.

This is the consumer protection aspect of the law in action. It is a good thing.

Right, like the 62 year old woman who was being forced to buy maternity and pediatric coverage which she has no need for. Just another way to enact wealth redistribution.

Well I certainly hope pain therapy is covered we will all need it.

On the other hand Obamacare is giving us all a colonoscopy.

Colonoscopy WAS IN EVERY insurance plan without ANY co-pay as it is one of the proven screening methods to reduce morbidity and mortality from cancer.

IT WAS ALWAYS THERE!!!!

as were pap smears, mammograms, prostate screenings, check-ups, vaccinations and many more other things which are being lied to people as NOW covered by obamacare - which is a LIE - they always were.

:evil::evil::evil:

I thought she was going to report on the lies that FoxNews tells about Obamacare

You know....Death Panels, Government Takeover of Healthcare, Marxism

Silly me

This is me:

Household income in 2014:

0% of poverty level

Maximum % of income you have to pay for the non-tobacco premium, if eligible for a subsidy:

None

Health Insurance premium in 2014 (for a silver plan, before tax credit):

$2,596 per year

You could receive a government tax credit subsidy of up to:

$0 per year
(which covers 0% of the overall premium)

Amount you pay for the premium:

$2,596 per year
(which equals Infinity% of your household income and covers 100% of the overall premium)

Other Levels of Coverage

The premium amounts above are based on a Silver plan. You could purchase other levels of coverage, such as a Gold plan (which would be more comprehensive) or a Bronze plan (which would be less comprehensive).

For example, you could enroll in a Bronze plan for about $2,152 per year (which is Infinity% of your household income). For most people, the Bronze plan represents the minimum level of coverage required under health reform. Although you would pay less in premiums by enrolling in a Bronze plan, you will face higher out-of-pocket costs than if you enrolled in a Silver plan.

Out of Pocket Costs

Your out-of-pocket maximum for a Silver plan (not including the premium) can be no more than $6,350. Whether you reach this maximum level will depend on the amount of health care services you use. Currently, about one in four people use no health care services in any given year.

A Silver plan has an actuarial value of 70%. This means that for all enrollees in a typical population, the plan will pay for 70% of expenses in total for covered benefits, with enrollees responsible for the rest. If you choose to enroll in a Bronze plan, the actuarial value will be 60%, meaning your out-of-pocket costs when you use services will likely be higher. Regardless of which level of coverage you choose, deductibles and copayments will vary from plan to plan, and out-of-pocket costs will depend on your health care expenses. Preventive services will be covered with no cost sharing required.

you are eligible for Medicaid, why do you need obamacare?

I loathe taking handouts from my government. I will not for the life of me obtain them. Unless it is the absolute last resort. This was to prove a point. :)

Speaking of Medicaid:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...nrollment-could-spell-doom-for-obamacare.html

I loathe taking handouts from my government. I will not for the life of me obtain them. Unless it is the absolute last resort. This was to prove a point. :)

Speaking of Medicaid:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/healt...nrollment-could-spell-doom-for-obamacare.html

Medical insurance is not a handout especially if you are going to be fined for not having it.
I understand you want to make a point but that is not worth it, since you don't want to deal with IRS - even if you have 0$ income right now it is not going always to be like that and they keep records and eventually it is going to bite you.

and we all know that there are approximately 14 million people nationally already eligible for Medicaid, which just have to sign - and you are one of them.

Last edited:
I know bullshit when I read it.

Obviously you didn't read ACA before it was passed.

Oh, wait...NO ONE did.

*Precisely*

"We have to pass it before we know what's in it"...~Botox Babe Pelosi

Typical Pub BS spin- She said the US will get it when it's passed, iow when it starts. OBVIOUSLY, IT HASN'T STARTED YET, Pub dupe LOL...And of course the Dems knew what was in it...the media has a fear of explaining it- that's ''lw propaganda'' lol...Your ''news'' is a bs disgrace...

Notice how hater dupes think lies and promises are same thing. IOW, a tribute to mindless PUB OBSTRUCTION AND BS FEAR MONGERING...A DISASTER AND DISGRACE...

You ignorant fuck, when a promise is broken it becomes a lie. Your dear leader knew he was lying his ass of from the get go and should be criminally prosecuted for fraud because he raised money using those lies.

LoneeLaugher:

No he isn't. He lives in Georgia. One of the taker States with an idiot Governor.

It is you who are an idiot. Medicaid is available in any state:
http://dch.georgia.gov/sites/dch.ge...ment/2013_Financial_Limits_Chart-03-21-13.pdf

The expansion was not accepted in Georgia. Meaning that a $0 reported income gets no subsidy. I deleted that post knowing that I would have to explain it to you....and not wanting to do it. You are a dumb fuck. You are fast to jump....which is part of the reason why you are a dumb fuck.

I know bullshit when I read it.
Apparently, you don't know it when you type it.

I have seen so many lies out of you, and then you try to justify the lie told by the President by passing it off as a 'consumer protection' action.

A lie is a lie and you speak many of them.

Notice how hater dupes think lies and promises are same thing. IOW, a tribute to mindless PUB OBSTRUCTION AND BS FEAR MONGERING...A DISASTER AND DISGRACE...

You ignorant fuck, when a promise is broken it becomes a lie. Your dear leader knew he was lying his ass of from the get go and should be criminally prosecuted for fraud because he raised money using those lies.

I'm for single payer.
I've never said I was for single payer.
Hillary Clinton's plan has a mandate -- that would be bad. I won't do that.
The mandate is not a tax.
The mandate is a tax.
If you like your plan, you'll get to keep it.
If you like your doctors, you'll get to keep them.
Families will save $2500 in premiums on average.
The product is good.

... just a sampling of Obamalies.

#AllHailObama

Speaking of Medicaid:

Medical insurance is not a handout especially if you are going to be fined for not having it.
I understand you want to make a point but that is not worth it, since you don't want to deal with IRS - even if you have 0$ income right now it is not going always to be like that.

Medicaid is a government subsidy. I won't touch it unless it is the very last option available to me. As with all other entitlement programs Medicaid further indebts this government. I will not have my healthcare paid for on the backs of other hard working Americans.

The fine is bogus, how come I must be fined for not having insurance the government wants me to have? I've lived all of my life thinking that getting insurance was a decision I got to make. I refuse to cooperate with the government in this regard.

Hopefully, I won't be at $0 income for long. But I'll pay for my own insurance with my own money, not with my fellow American's money.

Last edited:
So much bullshit.

You have a habit of proclaiming things that you are unwilling to believe are bullshit.

You don't get to define reality.

I am wrong sometimes.....but not often.

Is there even a single nutter here who has gone to the exchange and found that the ACA will benefit them? If so, I have yet to read that account. Have you? Or is EVERY SINGLE USMB conservative getting royally screwed by the law?

You tell me. Then think about why I am sensing so much bullshit.

I did - I tried to find an obamacare plan in 3 states - and EVERYWHERE it was much worse than I have now with skyrocketing premiums and even much more skyrocketing deductibles, plus additional out of the pocket costs which are not there now - and the limits on the costs are in 15-30 thousands dollars per year.

so yeah, there are plenty of people who tried and it is horrible.

You have a habit of proclaiming things that you are unwilling to believe are bullshit.

You don't get to define reality.

I am wrong sometimes.....but not often.

Is there even a single nutter here who has gone to the exchange and found that the ACA will benefit them? If so, I have yet to read that account. Have you? Or is EVERY SINGLE USMB conservative getting royally screwed by the law?

You tell me. Then think about why I am sensing so much bullshit.
I have Tricare...so there is no way in hell ACA will benefit me.

But I have a question for you: All the lefties here who are singing ACA's praises -- have any of them signed up? I know some have said they did, but most of them are dishonest people.

Their probably part of the 80+% of people signing up, did so for the expanded medicaid, at no cost.

Forum List

Back