Media Matters desperate to discredit embarrassing Obama photo

Good to see Crowley showing some respect to a man he arrested for no reason.
You were there, I'm sure...so you must be right. All this time I thought Crowley had a reason to arrest Gates...because he did it. Whatever the reasons were, we'll likely not know...but there was one...at least one. Seems like you would have known that.

Hmmm...........looks like that was a great way to get Crowley and Gates to think about something other than their run-in the other day. So, I guess it just depends on how you look at that pic.

But I've got to say. If that's all you have to complain about, he must be doing a pretty good job!!

Hmmm...........looks like that was a great way to get Crowley and Gates to think about something other than their run-in the other day. So, I guess it just depends on how you look at that pic.

But I've got to say. If that's all you have to complain about, he must be doing a pretty good job!!

HOLY DUMBASS BATMAN!!! The Joker has fooled them again!!! He does horrible things and still has the power to bend their minds so that they aren't able to see the darkness of his soul.

Yes, just think of how hard it was for Gates to get down all those stairs at home when he was handcuffed..

What a dumb thread. :lol:

A cop helped him down the stairs - both times.

Why did they feel the need to handcuff him if he is so frail that he needs assistance down the stairs? This dumb thread will never make sense no matter how hard you all try.

Yes, just think of how hard it was for Gates to get down all those stairs at home when he was handcuffed..

Why did they feel the need to handcuff him if he is so frail that he needs assistance down the stairs? This dumb thread will never make sense no matter how hard you all try.
I still want to know how he used his cane on the stairs while handcuffed.

They probably dragged him down the stairs because he was so dang violent. :razz:

While first handcuffed behind, Gates said that he needed his cane. Crowley told another officer to get the cane and move the hands to the front. It was done. He was also aided by policemen down the steps then. He was also given his choice in police to protect his home, which couldn't be locked. He chose Harvard police and that was honored.

Seriously, Gates is a 59 year old man who walks with a cane. He's not a wheelchair bound cripple or a 90 year old fragile leaf.

He manages to get to and from work and get around on a college campus on his own every day.

You people are completely ridiculous sometimes.

Seriously, Gates is a 59 year old man who walks with a cane. He's not a wheelchair bound cripple or a 90 year old fragile leaf.

He manages to get to and from work and get around on a college campus on his own every day.

You people are completely ridiculous sometimes.

There must be SOME argument. It's what they have.

I would have imagined the psychic powers you used to read their minds and understand their every intention, would make this inquiry a snap, Ms. Chloe. :rolleyes:

Haven't mastered seeing thru their eyes yet? Maybe John Edwards can help.

Cambridge Police Oath: I solemnly swear to serve myself by protecting myself from fragile yet angry middle aged men that take offense at being deemed criminal. Unless there is a photo op involved, of course.

Cambridge Police Oath: I solemnly swear to serve myself by protecting myself from fragile yet angry middle aged men that take offense at being deemed criminal. Unless there is a photo op involved, of course.

See what I mean?

Well, let's see...I'm just gonna take a WILD guess that NONE of you that are attacking the policeman for doing his job are associated in ANY way with law enforcement. Since you were not at the scene when it happened, there is a really good possiblity that you have ZERO information about how this man reacted, what was said or how it was said. ANYBODY can get handcuffed if there is any act of aggression toward a police officer. Here's a guy that probably makes a salary that would make you laugh going to a call that suggests that there is a possible burglary in progress. He's already on alert because he's putting himself in a potentially dangerous situation. When he gets there, he is met with a very uncooperative (documented) person. Automatically, until this person can be more rational and a positive ID can be attained, he's in cuffs. Not to mention that it's safe to say that Gates was resisting arrest. So it's not a judgement call at that point. He's detained...period. The officer doesn't know there's anyone else involved. He's protecting himself at that point.

It makes me laugh to hear you bash a police officer for doing his job. Too many good cops have died for NOT doing their job by giving a "suspect" too much credit for appearing to be harmless.

All Gates had to do was identify himself calmly and cooperatively. Instead his actions made him look guilty and the escalation of the situation got him arrested.

By the way, did anyone EVER hear Obama offer a public apology to our nation's police officers????

If I was into negging personal opinion crap, this is deserving. But I'm not, so I won't. But I will say, what a stupid post.

Forum List

Back