Media Matters desperate to discredit embarrassing Obama photo

Cambridge Police Oath: I solemnly swear to serve myself by protecting myself from fragile yet angry middle aged men that take offense at being deemed criminal. Unless there is a photo op involved, of course.

If I was into negging personal opinion crap, this is deserving. But I'm not, so I won't. But I will say, what a stupid post.
Don't stop yourself. I've yet to read an intelligent one from you.

Cambridge Police Oath: I solemnly swear to serve myself by protecting myself from fragile yet angry middle aged men that take offense at being deemed criminal. Unless there is a photo op involved, of course.

If I was into negging personal opinion crap, this is deserving. But I'm not, so I won't. But I will say, what a stupid post.
Don't stop yourself. I've yet to read an intelligent one from you.
then you clearly dont read them

Good job, Annie, I knew you had it in you.

Too funny, you make an insult and pretend to be offended when someone insults you back.

Well, let's see...I'm just gonna take a WILD guess that NONE of you that are attacking the policeman for doing his job are associated in ANY way with law enforcement. Since you were not at the scene when it happened, there is a really good possiblity that you have ZERO information about how this man reacted, what was said or how it was said. ANYBODY can get handcuffed if there is any act of aggression toward a police officer. Here's a guy that probably makes a salary that would make you laugh going to a call that suggests that there is a possible burglary in progress. He's already on alert because he's putting himself in a potentially dangerous situation. When he gets there, he is met with a very uncooperative (documented) person. Automatically, until this person can be more rational and a positive ID can be attained, he's in cuffs. Not to mention that it's safe to say that Gates was resisting arrest. So it's not a judgement call at that point. He's detained...period. The officer doesn't know there's anyone else involved. He's protecting himself at that point.

It makes me laugh to hear you bash a police officer for doing his job. Too many good cops have died for NOT doing their job by giving a "suspect" too much credit for appearing to be harmless.

All Gates had to do was identify himself calmly and cooperatively. Instead his actions made him look guilty and the escalation of the situation got him arrested.

By the way, did anyone EVER hear Obama offer a public apology to our nation's police officers????

:clap2::clap2::clap2: You and Annie both have very good brains! and you use them good post

Your right

We shouldn't expect President Obama to actually start thinking ahead.

I mean...we've seen his spending policies.

as opposed to bush -- the first "leader" in history to cut taxes during time of war... the dude who started the whole pretend war of choice in Iraq???

yep... that was really thinking ahead...

So Obama is like Bush? I'm not sure that will make you Miss Popularity at the Left-Leaning Ball.

P.S. - Please join us in 2009...I miss you.

my comment was directed at yours talking about Obama not thinking ahead... I found that funny given the history of the prior 8 years.

What's a left-winger to do when Barack Obama gets caught showing his character? Deny, discredit and denigrate, of course!.......American Thinker- Print Article
:clap2:

afterbeers_PS-0436.jpg

Two people in this picture swore an oath to serve the people. Which one of those two is actually doing their job while the other lets the old man fend for himself on the stairs?

:lol:

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Seriously, Gates is a 59 year old man who walks with a cane. He's not a wheelchair bound cripple or a 90 year old fragile leaf.

He manages to get to and from work and get around on a college campus on his own every day.

You people are completely ridiculous sometimes.

You see, in some circles there is a thing called "manners." For example, I open doors for women. I open doors for my wife and help her out of the car. I have been known to help seemingly perfectly able bodied yet older men and women when I see they are having some difficulty, be it navigating up or down steps or loading their cars at grocery, hardware, or warehouse type stores. In the picture, it appears as though Professor Gates may have been having some difficulty getting down the steps. Officer Crowley seems to have taken the time to notice and offered some assistance, something I would consider a common courtesy. His "friend," President Obama seems oblivious to the situation, perhaps he's more concerned with the upcoming photo-op.

as opposed to bush -- the first "leader" in history to cut taxes during time of war... the dude who started the whole pretend war of choice in Iraq???

yep... that was really thinking ahead...

So Obama is like Bush? I'm not sure that will make you Miss Popularity at the Left-Leaning Ball.

P.S. - Please join us in 2009...I miss you.

my comment was directed at yours talking about Obama not thinking ahead... I found that funny given the history of the prior 8 years.

And my comment was highlighting the fact you don't even make a token effort to defend Obama's monumental deficit spending machine...just point to the past and say "He did thus-and-so so that makes it OK".

I was against Bush's spending spree, the bailout, medicare part D, and I am against Obama's horrendous spending spree as well...no irony in that whatsoever, only consistency.

As for the war in Iraq...congress voted for it, we went, and I was 100% behind any and all spending required to win.

You know...win...that thing America did DESPITE the democrats best efforts to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

"The war is lost" - Harry Reid​

Seriously, Gates is a 59 year old man who walks with a cane. He's not a wheelchair bound cripple or a 90 year old fragile leaf.

He manages to get to and from work and get around on a college campus on his own every day.

You see, in some circles there is a thing called "manners." For example, I open doors for women. I open doors for my wife and help her out of the car. I have been known to help seemingly perfectly able bodied yet older men and women when I see they are having some difficulty, be it navigating up or down steps or loading their cars at grocery, hardware, or warehouse type stores. In the picture, it appears as though Professor Gates may have been having some difficulty getting down the steps. Officer Crowley seems to have taken the time to notice and offered some assistance, something I would consider a common courtesy. His "friend," President Obama seems oblivious to the situation, perhaps he's more concerned with the upcoming photo-op.

could be that he was concerned about the photo-op....OR...maybe he just wanted to get this over with as quickly as possible because it was a REAL drag having to deal with the reality of how he talks and acts before he thinks.

Thanks Obama...I knew you could do it.

He does have a point guys.

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

:razz:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back