Media "fact checkers" lie to try to save Obama.

So more supply will not result in lower prices?
Have you ever taken Econ or read a basic economics work?

No the US has increased it's output and it has no effect on world price. OPEC can lower it's output to match any increase in our production to keep prices high. You see demand for oil in this country out paced our ability to produce it in the late 60's, even though we were one of the leading producers in the world(and still are). We consume about twice as much as we can produce.

So this is why oil prices only go up, never down, right?

Damn!

And you call others on here "ignorant boobs"??

Really? Mine was. I sell stainless steel cloth that is a heat buffer used in the making of windshields. I also sell seatbelt weaving material. You know who I sell this to? American & Canadian car parts makers. I wonder how many people those factories employ... I sell to at least 20. Know how many went bankrupt after the banksters wrecked the economy? It looked like most of them would... then came the bail-out and cash for clunkers. OK, so guess how many of my customers actually did go bankrupt? Only one... in Canada.

How was your job saved?

Why? Do you fully support failure? Under Obama, unemployment has skyrocketed. Energy prices (especially gasoline) has skyrocketed. And worst of all, the national debt has skyrocketed.

Do you even know what you are voting for? You just support someone because their black, is that it?

Obama stepped into a tough job & it's getting better slow but its getting better . gas is not on the President I did not blame bush for it . Color has nothing to do with it I'm white living in Arkansas really .

Obama blocked off shore drilling. Obama blocked drililng in Alaska. Obama blocked the Keystone pipeline. Even the biggest idiot in the world understand the basic, fundamental, and undeniable principle of "Supply & Demand". Obama has created a shortage by blocking everything, thus driving up oil prices.

And as far as "steppping into a tough job" - well, Obama begged for that job and said he would be able to fix it in 3 years. It's been 4 years, he had a super majority that allowed him to have 100% of the policies he said would solve the issue, implemented - and all we've seen for it is more failure, more misery, and more collapse.

As far as blocking oil pipeline ,we are big exporters now so why is the price still high ?

Obama asked for the job & yes he had a little false vibrato . Heck it's tough all
over not just America , it's getting better but guys like McConnell & Cantor are not helping,

You have it wrong. According to these business geniuses, customers aren't need to create jobs. Just deep pocketed CEO's. Customers are not a vital part of the equation.

I know, I know. Silly me. I wonder if they'll ever figure it out...

You do have other clients and do not work for GM IS THIS CORRECT?

Yup, keep at it.

You'll split that hair eventually.

Obama said this in 2008.

“(But) I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this (General Motors) plant will be here for another hundred years,” said Barack Obama in February, 2008, promising UAW workers at GM’s giant, troubled plant in Janesville, Wisc., that he would watch over them if elected president. “When I talk about real change that will make a real difference in the lives of working families, it’s not just the poll-tested rhetoric of a political campaign. It’s the cause of my life. And you can be sure that it will be the cause of my presidency from the very first day I take office.”

Obama lied about Janesville GM auto plant, not Ryan | Twitchy

The plant closed a whole month before Obama took office. Why didn't Obama save it later? Was it too far gone? Did his statement there some how not apply anymore because it was closed down for a whole entire month before he took office? How is anything that Ryan said in his speech about this untrue again? Hmmmm.

Look, Obama didn't and doesn't know what he was or is talking about. Blaming him for making idiotic statements is like blaming a blind man for not seeing. That said, he said what he said because he is just not that bright, and you are right they are lying to protect him.

Apparently the government under President George Bush was not there to support them huh? In reality it was because they made gas guzzling SUV at that plant. GM management is to blame. Not Bush, not Obama. But fact of the matter is the plant closed before he took office.

When the plant closed had nothing to do with what Obama said. Also, the plant closed in April of 2009. Was Obama in office yet?

Now Ryan lied about the time line of the closure, just as you have. The majority of the plant was closed during Bush's term. They shut down the last remaining operations in April of 2009, laying off the final 57 people. 57 people hardly represent a plant closing. That is just the final stage of mothballing a plant. The plant, as far as an economy impacting payroll, was closed in 2008.

Anybody that has worked in industry realizes this, and realizes that Ryan was playing fast and loose with the truth. Of course, for many of the GOP posters here, anything beyond a McD's job is outside of their ken.
So he didn't lie. It was open until April 2009......

It cannot be closed, unless at first, it was open.

Splitting hairs is just the uneducated, trying to sound important.

Jeeebus the dupes believe an amazing pile of Pubcrappe.
More debt than all presidents combined? Actually 33%, and all to stop a true Pub depression, and help the victims under existing rules. Stoopid!

Since he's for it, the PUB plan for Health Reform is dictatorship and Marxism. Idiocy and lies, all Pubs and silly dupes have.

Oblivious Greedy Lying Idiot Millionnaires 2012!!

Jeeebus the dupes believe an amazing pile of Pubcrappe.
More debt than all presidents combined? Actually 33%, and all to stop a true Pub depression, and help the victims under existing rules. Stoopid!

Since he's for it, the PUB plan for Health Reform is dictatorship and Marxism. Idiocy and lies, all Pubs and silly dupes have.

Oblivious Greedy Lying Idiot Millionnaires 2012!!

Drunk already aye?

When the plant closed had nothing to do with what Obama said. Also, the plant closed in April of 2009. Was Obama in office yet?

Now Ryan lied about the time line of the closure, just as you have. The majority of the plant was closed during Bush's term. They shut down the last remaining operations in April of 2009, laying off the final 57 people. 57 people hardly represent a plant closing. That is just the final stage of mothballing a plant. The plant, as far as an economy impacting payroll, was closed in 2008.

Anybody that has worked in industry realizes this, and realizes that Ryan was playing fast and loose with the truth. Of course, for many of the GOP posters here, anything beyond a McD's job is outside of their ken.
So he didn't lie. It was open until April 2009......

It cannot be closed, unless at first, it was open.

Splitting hairs is just the uneducated, trying to sound important.

I'd say using the term "hair-splitting" while apparently not knowing what it means is a symptom of what you're talking about, actually.

Apparently the government under President George Bush was not there to support them huh? In reality it was because they made gas guzzling SUV at that plant. GM management is to blame. Not Bush, not Obama. But fact of the matter is the plant closed before he took office.

Here is how it really went down:

Fact-Checkers Wrong on Ryan GM Claim
Alana Goodman | @alanagoodman 08.30.2012 - 11:50 AM

The Associated Press and other fact-checkers are insisting that the line about the Janesville GM factory in Paul Ryan’s speech last night was inaccurate — and once again, the fact-checkers are wrong. Here’s the AP’s allegation against Ryan:

RYAN: Said Obama misled people in Ryan’s hometown of Janesville, Wis., by making them think a General Motors plant there threatened with closure could be saved. “A lot of guys I went to high school with worked at that GM plant. Right there at that plant, candidate Obama said: ‘I believe that if our government is there to support you … this plant will be here for another hundred years.’ That’s what he said in 2008. Well, as it turned out, that plant didn’t last another year.”

THE FACTS: The plant halted production in December 2008, weeks before Obama took office and well before he enacted a more robust auto industry bailout that rescued GM and Chrysler and allowed the majority of their plants — though not the Janesville facility — to stay in operation. Ryan himself voted for an auto bailout under President George W. Bush that was designed to help GM, but he was a vocal critic of the one pushed through by Obama that has been widely credited with revitalizing both GM and Chrysler.

The AP might want to check back on its own reporting on the plant closure, starting with this article from April 19, 2009, headlined “GM plant in Janesville to close for good this week”:

Production at the General Motors plant in Janesville is scheduled to end for good this week.

GM spokesman Christopher Lee says operations at the southern Wisconsin plant will cease Thursday.

About 1,200 employees were let go just before Christmas when GM ended SUV production at the plant.

Some 100 workers were retained to finish an order of small- to medium-duty trucks for Isuzu Motors Ltd.

Lee says most of those workers will be laid off Thursday. He says others will be kept on to help guide the plant’s shutdown.

The Janesville plant ended its SUV production line and laid off over 1,000 workers in December 2008, but the plant didn’t officially close. It continued to churn out an order of Isuzu trucks until April 2009, while the local union lobbied GM for a lifeline. In May, GM put the plant onto standby, meaning that it wasn’t completely shutting the door on it. There was some hope the plant would be able to resume production — and Wisconsin’s bipartisan congressional delegation, including Paul Ryan, scrambled to find a way to keep it alive — but it never happened.

To simply say that the plant “halted production” in December 2008, like AP does, is both inaccurate and misleading. It was more complicated than that. If the media wants to criticize Ryan for not being “nuanced” enough and failing to praise Obama for brilliantly saving GM, that’s fine. But Ryan’s comments weren’t inaccurate.

Fact-Checkers Wrong on Ryan GM Claim « Commentary Magazine

Why? Do you fully support failure? Under Obama, unemployment has skyrocketed. Energy prices (especially gasoline) has skyrocketed. And worst of all, the national debt has skyrocketed.

Do you even know what you are voting for? You just support someone because their black, is that it?

Obama stepped into a tough job & it's getting better slow but its getting better . gas is not on the President I did not blame bush for it . Color has nothing to do with it I'm white living in Arkansas really .

Obama blocked off shore drilling. Obama blocked drililng in Alaska. Obama blocked the Keystone pipeline. Even the biggest idiot in the world understand the basic, fundamental, and undeniable principle of "Supply & Demand". Obama has created a shortage by blocking everything, thus driving up oil prices.

And as far as "steppping into a tough job" - well, Obama begged for that job and said he would be able to fix it in 3 years. It's been 4 years, he had a super majority that allowed him to have 100% of the policies he said would solve the issue, implemented - and all we've seen for it is more failure, more misery, and more collapse.

History of bans

Offshore drilling for oil and natural gas near the coasts of the United States was banned by Congress in 1981 after outcries caused by pollution from accidents and spills. In 1990, President George H. W. Bush issued executive orders supporting the ban, orders rescinded by his son, President George W. Bush, in 2008 as gasoline prices spiked and the cost of oil became a significant issue in the presidential race.

Offshore Drilling and Exploration News - The New York Times

Drilling in Alaska.

Despite embarrassing delays and trouble with its equipment, Shell remains confident that it will get final approval from regulators and be able to begin drilling for oil in Arctic waters off the Alaskan coast this summer, the oil company’s top Alaska executive said on Friday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/18/b....html?_r=1&ref=offshoredrillingandexploration

Off Shore drilling

The moratorium put a halt to the 33 deepwater exploratory rigs in operation in the Gulf in addition to all new deep-sea drilling permits. Platforms that are already producing oil along with rigs in shallow waters are allowed to remain in operation including existing, Oil-Producing Deepwater Platforms.

Keystone II

President Obama rejected the pipeline's permit when the GOP, in a political stunt, forced his hand to approve it.

As budget committee chairman, Ryan wrote the GOP’s main governing document. His policy views are well known inside the beltway. But at the convention he avoided spelling those views out to voters in clear detail and instead devoted several minutes of his speech to attacking the president for enacting Medicare cuts he endorsed before he became Romney’s running mate.

That goes a long way toward explaining the media’s reaction.

Paul Ryan’s Running The Campaign He Cautioned Mitt Romney Against | TPMDC

I think they already have. That's why Romney is going to win.

Oh! Ha Ha! I see what you did there! You turned my words around and used them against me.......completely removing the context of my statement. How "conservative" of you. Pretty high caliber stuff for a Rick Perry supporter.

Actually people like SUVs alot more than volts...and if you drill for gas, while you come up with a new energy source, it's a non issue, but liberals are unbelievably stupid and lie and distort.

like believing gasoline comes out of the ground. :eusa_eh: :eusa_whistle: :clap2: Oil comes out of the ground asswipe. It has to be transported to a refinery to be refined into gasoline.

Forum List

Back