Media "fact checkers" lie to try to save Obama.

We're all thinking it, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it. It's people EXACTLY like you that are the reason our country is in such a bad place. You and people like you are the issue with this country. Be proud of yourself.

People who can recognize the truth?
No. You are the reason things are bad. Your knee jerks every time someone uses the words "multi-national corporation" like a 14 year old at a vampire movie. Unaware of how the economy works, you are ripe pickings for any pol that tells you things that confirm your misinformation.
So rich people only got rich by screwing poor people. One person can have more money only if another person has less money. "Powerful interests" are conspiring to steal from you and only government stands in their way.
It is bullshit. It is false. And you fall for it like a teenybopper at a Beatles concert.

God you are stupid..you support trickle down which is a failure.the last thing is us needing you or the op telling anyone how anything works.

Remind me how well the last 5 years of Keynesian economics has worked. With your track record here I wouldn't call anyone else "stupid."

Not just a fact-checker is backing up the Prez on this particular subject, btw:

Ryan’s speech implies that the plant could have reopened later if the economy had picked up faster — an indictment of Obama’s economic failings. Asked directly if Obama is to blame for the plant remaining closed, Beckord offered a nuanced answer, but ultimately said that could not be stated with certainty.

Beckord said he thinks Obama did make some “serious” mistakes that resulted in a too-sluggish recovery. But he said GM’s problems went well beyond the economy, and that even three or four percent GDP wouldn’t have necessarily led to its reopening.

“GM’s situation was about more than the economy,” Beckord said. “GM’s situation also had to do with the product mix and its history of product issues. There were a lot of issues here besides the performance of the economy.”

Asked if the plant would have reopened under a better recovery, Beckord said: “We don’t know that.”

Wisconsin business leader and Ryan supporter: Not clear Obama to blame for closed GM plant - The Plum Line - The Washington Post

So your job wasn't saved because of GM you have other to fall back on?

Oh yes it was - that is 98% of what I do and my customers sell to all the domestic car makers. The export side is about 2%. No customers + no sales = no job. You have no idea how nervous my customers and I were in 2008. It was horrible. And it wasn't just GM that was in trouble.

When the plant closed had nothing to do with what Obama said. Also, the plant closed in April of 2009. Was Obama in office yet?

Now Ryan lied about the time line of the closure, just as you have. The majority of the plant was closed during Bush's term. They shut down the last remaining operations in April of 2009, laying off the final 57 people. 57 people hardly represent a plant closing. That is just the final stage of mothballing a plant. The plant, as far as an economy impacting payroll, was closed in 2008.

Anybody that has worked in industry realizes this, and realizes that Ryan was playing fast and loose with the truth. Of course, for many of the GOP posters here, anything beyond a McD's job is outside of their ken.

So you pointing out the accuracy of what I said is me lying. Wow ... just wow. Anything to defend your boy Obama. You just admit it wasn't even shut down yet when Obama took office. Even if it had been shut down before then what does that have to do with Obama giving up on them? He couldn't get it back up and running after it being shut down four months after he took office? Why did he go back on his beliefs which he stated to those workers in 2008? Ryan told the truth.
Actually GM scheduled the plant's closing in June 2008 and production of vehicles stopped Dec 2008, but even if you want to use April 2009 GM did not file for chapter 11 reorganization until June 2009 and did not make their IPO until Nov 2010 at which point the government owned a 26% stake in GM and CON$ started to call it Government Motors. So Obama could have done nothing until Nov 2010 making Lyin' Ryan the liar his mother inspired him to be!!!

Actually people like SUVs alot more than volts...and if you drill for gas, while you come up with a new energy source, it's a non issue, but liberals are unbelievably stupid and lie and distort.

There are plenty of SUV's that are not gas-guzzlers. We will never drill our way to lower gas prices or energy independence.

So more supply will not result in lower prices?
Have you ever taken Econ or read a basic economics work?

No the US has increased it's output and it has no effect on world price. OPEC can lower it's output to match any increase in our production to keep prices high. You see demand for oil in this country out paced our ability to produce it in the late 60's, even though we were one of the leading producers in the world(and still are). We consume about twice as much as we can produce.

Apparently the government under President George Bush was not there to support them huh? In reality it was because they made gas guzzling SUV at that plant. GM management is to blame. Not Bush, not Obama. But fact of the matter is the plant closed before he took office.

It was not the Governments job to get involved with bailing out the private sector unions.

Do you know how many non GM jobs were saved with the bail-out?

Do you know how many more jobs would have been CREATED without the bail-out? GM was going under because it was poorly run - period. End of story. So why would you prop up a poorly run company?

Had GM been allowed to collapse as they should have been under a FREE MARKET, their business would have moved to other auto makers (what, do you think people who previously drove GM's would start walking to work?!?!?). GM's collapse would not create a vaccum, it would just shift the demand to better run companies. Those better run companies (let's just say Ford for arguments sake) would then need to increase manufacturing to meet the demand. Which means they would need more employees. And who do you think they are going to hire - someone off the streets with no experience in the industry, or a former GM worker with 20 years in the industry?

This is a prime example of how everything fails miserably when government gets involved.

Not trying to save Obama , but trying to save the American people from letting bush 3 in the whithouse

Bush 3 was obamas term or do you still have your head in obama's ass?

I'm voting for President Obama . I see you firmly Have you head up your ass .. So does this mean I'm not in your club?:eusa_whistle:

Why? Do you fully support failure? Under Obama, unemployment has skyrocketed. Energy prices (especially gasoline) has skyrocketed. And worst of all, the national debt has skyrocketed.

Do you even know what you are voting for? You just support someone because they are black, is that it?

Apparently mid 2009 was during the Bush administration now:)

Well of course! If you listen to the idiot liberal dumbocrat, Bush was responsible for WWI, WWII, Vietnam, polio, and cancer.

Meanwhile, Obama (who lies to them, lives the multi-million life-style while laughing at the moron's who support him and yelling "suck it peasants" to them) has solved world hunger, brought peace to the world, and parted the seas.

It would be funny if it weren't for the fact that he is collapsing America.

Bush 3 was obamas term or do you still have your head in obama's ass?

I'm voting for President Obama . I see you firmly Have you head up your ass .. So does this mean I'm not in your club?:eusa_whistle:

Why? Do you fully support failure? Under Obama, unemployment has skyrocketed. Energy prices (especially gasoline) has skyrocketed. And worst of all, the national debt has skyrocketed.

Do you even know what you are voting for? You just support someone because their black, is that it?

Obama stepped into a tough job & it's getting better slow but its getting better . gas is not on the President I did not blame bush for it . Color has nothing to do with it I'm white living in Arkansas really .

No. You are the reason things are bad. Your knee jerks every time someone uses the words "multi-national corporation" like a 14 year old at a vampire movie. Unaware of how the economy works, you are ripe pickings for any pol that tells you things that confirm your misinformation.
So rich people only got rich by screwing poor people. One person can have more money only if another person has less money. "Powerful interests" are conspiring to steal from you and only government stands in their way.
It is bullshit. It is false. And you fall for it like a teenybopper at a Beatles concert.

Shall we make another bet that you'll ignore? Everytime you make claims that you get called on, you disappear. Want to try again?

Translation: BINGO!

So do you want to bet? Or ignore me like every other time I call you out to put up or shut up?

So your job wasn't saved because of GM you have other to fall back on?

Oh yes it was - that is 98% of what I do and my customers sell to all the domestic car makers. The export side is about 2%. No customers + no sales = no job. You have no idea how nervous my customers and I were in 2008. It was horrible. And it wasn't just GM that was in trouble.

You have it wrong. According to these business geniuses, customers aren't need to create jobs. Just deep pocketed CEO's. Customers are not a vital part of the equation.

You have it wrong. According to these business geniuses, customers aren't need to create jobs. Just deep pocketed CEO's. Customers are not a vital part of the equation.

I know, I know. Silly me. I wonder if they'll ever figure it out...

God you are stupid..you support trickle down which is a failure.the last thing is us needing you or the op telling anyone how anything works.

Remind me how well the last 5 years of Keynesian economics has worked. With your track record here I wouldn't call anyone else "stupid."

Eh we have putted along sadly...nobody really geting anything done period. To much gridlock and partisanship now.

But it could be worse, we could have 6 more years of gop control branches where the tab was run up.

No ill call you stupid and nobody will really challenge that fact.

Do you even know what you are voting for? You just support someone because their black, is that it?

Obama stepped into a tough job & it's getting better slow but its getting better . gas is not on the President I did not blame bush for it . Color has nothing to do with it I'm white living in Arkansas really .

Obama blocked off shore drilling. Obama blocked drililng in Alaska. Obama blocked the Keystone pipeline. Even the biggest idiot in the world understand the basic, fundamental, and undeniable principle of "Supply & Demand". Obama has created a shortage by blocking everything, thus driving up oil prices.

And as far as "steppping into a tough job" - well, Obama begged for that job and said he would be able to fix it in 3 years. It's been 4 years, he had a super majority that allowed him to have 100% of the policies he said would solve the issue, implemented - and all we've seen for it is more failure, more misery, and more collapse.

But it could be worse, we could have 6 more years of gop control branches where the tab was run up.

OMG - did you really just say that?!?! Barack Obama - the man who added more to the national debt in his first 3 years than all presidents in US history combined did in their first 3 years. Barack Obama - the man who added more to the national debt in 3 years that George W. Bush did in 8 years.

Seriously, the LAST thing the idiot liberal Dumbocrat should ever mention is "the tab". :lol:

This is just glaring evidence of how profoundly ignorant the left is. Complaining about "the tab" by the GOP would be like Bill Gates screaming that he did not receive fair compensation for his work at Microsoft. It's such a stupid thing to say, it defies logic...

Obama blocked off shore drilling. Obama blocked drililng in Alaska. Obama blocked the Keystone pipeline. Even the biggest idiot in the world understand the basic, fundamental, and undeniable principle of "Supply & Demand". Obama has created a shortage by blocking everything, thus driving up oil prices.

And as far as "steppping into a tough job" - well, Obama begged for that job and said he would be able to fix it in 3 years. It's been 4 years, he had a super majority that allowed him to have 100% of the policies he said would solve the issue, implemented - and all we've seen for it is more failure, more misery, and more collapse.
Supply and demand do not apply to the oil monopoly as proven by the fact that supply is up and demand is down and the price of gas is high.

There are plenty of SUV's that are not gas-guzzlers. We will never drill our way to lower gas prices or energy independence.

No the US has increased it's output and it has no effect on world price. OPEC can lower it's output to match any increase in our production to keep prices high. You see demand for oil in this country out paced our ability to produce it in the late 60's, even though we were one of the leading producers in the world(and still are). We consume about twice as much as we can produce.

So this is why oil prices only go up, never down, right?

So this is why oil prices only go up, never down, right?
Oil prices go up and down, but not in relation to supply and demand.

Forum List

Back