Media "fact checkers" lie to try to save Obama.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Leweman, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    Obama said this in 2008.

“(But) I believe that if our government is there to support you, and give you the assistance you need to re-tool and make this transition, that this (General Motors) plant will be here for another hundred years,” said Barack Obama in February, 2008, promising UAW workers at GM’s giant, troubled plant in Janesville, Wisc., that he would watch over them if elected president. “When I talk about real change that will make a real difference in the lives of working families, it’s not just the poll-tested rhetoric of a political campaign. It’s the cause of my life. And you can be sure that it will be the cause of my presidency from the very first day I take office.”

Obama lied about Janesville GM auto plant, not Ryan | Twitchy

The plant closed a whole month before Obama took office. Why didn't Obama save it later? Was it too far gone? Did his statement there some how not apply anymore because it was closed down for a whole entire month before he took office? How is anything that Ryan said in his speech about this untrue again? Hmmmm.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  2. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394
    Apparently the government under President George Bush was not there to support them huh? In reality it was because they made gas guzzling SUV at that plant. GM management is to blame. Not Bush, not Obama. But fact of the matter is the plant closed before he took office.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 3
  3. Leweman

Leweman Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +737
    When the plant closed had nothing to do with what Obama said. Also, the plant closed in April of 2009. Was Obama in office yet?

4. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    It was not the Governments job to get involved with bailing out the private sector unions.

5. Old Rocks

Old Rocks Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,318
    Now Ryan lied about the time line of the closure, just as you have. The majority of the plant was closed during Bush's term. They shut down the last remaining operations in April of 2009, laying off the final 57 people. 57 people hardly represent a plant closing. That is just the final stage of mothballing a plant. The plant, as far as an economy impacting payroll, was closed in 2008.

Anybody that has worked in industry realizes this, and realizes that Ryan was playing fast and loose with the truth. Of course, for many of the GOP posters here, anything beyond a McD's job is outside of their ken.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  6. BlindBoo

BlindBoo Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,394
    Do you know how many non GM jobs were saved with the bail-out?

7. buckeye45_73

buckeye45_73 Lakhota's my *****

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,972

Actually people like SUVs alot more than volts...and if you drill for gas, while you come up with a new energy source, it's a non issue, but liberals are unbelievably stupid and lie and distort.

8. EriktheRed

EriktheRed Eh...

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,732

Wow, the wingnut victimization syndrome has kicked back into high gear ever since the Zombie-eyed Granny-starver started getting called out on his lies by more than just us dirty liberal hippies.

9. bigrebnc1775

bigrebnc1775 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,830
    You're going to have to change your signature

http://www.usmessageboard.com/5901359-post1.html

10. RDD_1210

RDD_1210 Forms his own opinions

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,003
    We're all thinking it, so I'm just going to go ahead and say it. It's people EXACTLY like you that are the reason our country is in such a bad place. You and people like you are the issue with this country. Be proud of yourself.