McCarthy says no progress in debt ceiling talks with Biden: ‘I didn't see any new movement’

1srelluc

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2021
Shenandoah Valley of Virginia
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday he saw no new movement from President Biden during a White House meeting on debt limit negotiations, just weeks before the federal government is set to run out of cash to pay its bills by June 1.

"Everybody in this meeting reiterated the positions they were at. I didn't see any new movement," the speaker said. He said nothing has changed for Biden since they met on the same issue on Feb. 1.

McCarthy said the next steps on the issue is for staff-level meetings to take place over the rest of the week, and then hold another meeting between Biden, McCarthy and other congressional leaders.

McCarthy defended the GOP position of insisting on spending cuts as a condition of raising the debt ceiling by pointing out that the House passed a debt limit bill, the Limit, Save, Grow Act that accomplishes both, while Senate Democrats have done nothing. Democrats have panned the House bill as a non-starter.

It must be frustrating to even have to sit down with the Vegetable in Chief (VIG).

At least he did not smell a movement. ;)

Last edited:
This will be it. The death of America...and most of us.

Biden has his invasion happening right now on the southern border. The energy sector has been dismantled. and very soon...the treasury bonds and the dollar itself.

All commerce will halt. No food, gas, med's...nothing. As chemicals at the water treatment plants run out the water from your faucet will be tainted.

Ships in port will not be unloaded as there will be no way to pay for it.

Get ready folks...this is the most dire situation I've ever seen unfold (and that includes everything I've read on world history...which is considerable).

Biden has his invasion happening right now on the southern border. The energy sector has been dismantled. and very soon...the treasury bonds and the dollar itself.

All commerce will halt. No food, gas, med's...nothing. As chemicals at the water treatment plants run out the water from your faucet will be tainted.

Get ready folks...this is the most dire situation I've ever seen unfold (and that includes everything I've read on world history...which is considerable).
To the dems it's not a glitch, it's a feature.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday he saw no new movement from President Biden during a White House meeting on debt limit negotiations, just weeks before the federal government is set to run out of cash to pay its bills by June 1.

"Everybody in this meeting reiterated the positions they were at. I didn't see any new movement," the speaker said. He said nothing has changed for Biden since they met on the same issue on Feb. 1.

McCarthy said the next steps on the issue is for staff-level meetings to take place over the rest of the week, and then hold another meeting between Biden, McCarthy and other congressional leaders.

McCarthy defended the GOP position of insisting on spending cuts as a condition of raising the debt ceiling by pointing out that the House passed a debt limit bill, the Limit, Save, Grow Act that accomplishes both, while Senate Democrats have done nothing. Democrats have panned the House bill as a non-starter.

It must be frustrating to even have to sit down with the Vegetable in Chief (VIG).

Love it. When a Republican President is in office, Congressional Republicans have NO problem extending that debt ceiling. But the minute a Democrat is in the office...NO WAY!!.
Way to make a stand, assholes! :auiqs.jpg:

If I were the DNC, I'd mount a PR campaign the likes no one has seen before and let rational thinking America fry em! :)

Love it. When a Republican President is in office, Congressional Republicans have NO problem extending that debt ceiling. But the minute a Democrat is in the office...NO WAY!!.

If I were the DNC, I'd mount a PR campaign the likes no one has seen before and let rational thinking America fry em! :)
Raising the debt ceiling is in the bill that congress passed, sub-cretin.

Joe's in charge, you were expecting less?

Yep, and we certainly love it when a fricken liberal has no clue as to what's going on.

Yeah. But it's not a clean bill, Derp.

Spending cuts are discussed BEFORE the money is spent. Not AFTER. :auiqs.jpg:
Part of budget negotiations. Economics 101. :)
And you have a problem with walking and chewing gum at the same time?

I hope the GOP holds strong and forces us into default. It keeps life interesting and reminds independent voters that only one party is holding a gun to all of our heads.

"Yeah but..." means that it's in the bill, DERP!....Which makes you a stone liar, to go with being a sub-moron.
Not..a..clean..bill.

Spending cuts are negotiated separately. Which didn't seem to bother or concern Republicans when the blob was in office.
How many times did we raise the debt ceiling under him with no add-ons?

Not..a..clean..bill.

Spending cuts are negotiated separately. Which didn't seem to bother or concern Republicans when the blob was in office.
How many times did we raise the debt ceiling under him with no add-ons?
Two thousand page bills that nobody knows what's in them and that nobody could possibly read are just jake with you crumbs, but now you expect a "clean bill"?

You ain't getting one....So suck on it.?

IMG_0088.jpeg

Forum List

Back