Biden ‘sick and tired’ of brinksmanship after Congress narrowly avoids shutdown

Doc7505

Diamond Member
Feb 16, 2016

Biden ‘sick and tired’ of brinksmanship after

Congress narrowly avoids shutdown

1 Oct 2023 ~~ By Brett Samuels

President Biden on Sunday expressed exasperation with Republicans in Congress after lawmakers narrowly averted a government shutdown and said he hoped the drama of the last few weeks has led Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to a “personal revelation.”
“Folks, the truth is we shouldn’t have gotten here in the first place. It’s time to end governing by crisis and keep your word when you give it in the Congress,” Biden said at the White House after signing a temporary government funding bill late Saturday.
Biden referred to the near-government shutdown as a “manufactured crisis” caused by Republicans refusing to honor an agreement struck with the White House in May that outlined spending levels as part of a deal to raise the debt ceiling.
“I’m sick and tired of the brinksmanship. And so are the American people,” Biden said. “I’ve been doing this, you all point it out to me a lot, a long time. I’ve never quite seen a Republican Congress or any Congress act like this.”
~Snip~
Biden on Sunday urged lawmakers to maintain America’s commitment to assisting Ukraine, which has received billions of dollars in military and financial support since Russia launched an unprovoked invasion in early 2022.

Commentary:
Flashback: Back in the day, Joe Biden as Senator had no problem when it came to blocking raising the debt limit under a GOP president.
Funny when the shoe is on the other foot how Democrats dringe and whine.
**********​

President Biden on Sunday expressed exasperation with Republicans in Congress after lawmakers narrowly averted a government shutdown and said he hoped the drama of the last few weeks has led Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to a “personal revelation.”
“Folks, the truth is we shouldn’t have gotten here in the first place. It’s time to end governing by crisis and keep your word when you give it in the Congress,” Biden said at the White House after signing a temporary government funding bill late Saturday.
Biden referred to the near-government shutdown as a “manufactured crisis” caused by Republicans refusing to honor an agreement struck with the White House in May that outlined spending levels as part of a deal to raise the debt ceiling.
“I’m sick and tired of the brinksmanship. And so are the American people,” Biden said. “I’ve been doing this, you all point it out to me a lot, a long time. I’ve never quite seen a Republican Congress or any Congress act like this.”
~Snip~
Biden on Sunday urged lawmakers to maintain America’s commitment to assisting Ukraine, which has received billions of dollars in military and financial support since Russia launched an unprovoked invasion in early 2022.

Commentary:
Flashback: Back in the day, Joe Biden as Senator had no problem when it came to blocking raising the debt limit under a GOP president.
**********​
Easy solution. Vote as many Republicans out of office in 2024.
They've proven they're unable to govern, and their ideology is a failure.

~Snip~

Commentary:
**********​
Did you have any issue raising the debt ceiling under Trump?

Nope. Funny when the shoe is on the other foot how you whine like a little bitch.

~Snip~

Commentary:
**********​
Biden and the democrats are BALD-FACED LIARS.

~Snip~

Commentary:
**********​
I don't give a flying-f*** what that lying SOB thinks.

He's not really the one making all of the decisions. Obama is.

~Snip~

Commentary:
**********​
Why are you posting articles about 2006? Republicans controlled the House, they controlled the Senate, and they controlled the White House. Biden's vote against raising the debt ceiling was a mere protest vote that was meaningless. That is not what happened here. Here, Republicans control the House, and yet it was Democrats, and a few disciplined Republicans, that extended the debt ceiling and honored the agreement that was reached months ago.

That is important, because spending bills originate in the House. I mean what the hell happened to "honor"? Make no doubt about it, these Republicans that voted against extending the deficit ceiling, against paying for things they, or their body, has already passed, are no different than the assholes that practice the art of dine and dash.

Worse, they made an agreement, and now they want to change the terms of that agreement. Where is the honor? What happened to a handshake and a man's word was his bond? That is the very foundation of the founding of this country. And I will give the split tailed bitches that now roost in the Republican party a break. They ain't nothing but trash. They deserve nothing but pity, the responsibility lies with the dumbshit electorate that voted them in office. MTG, Boebert--glad to see that white trash is represented in the US Congress. Have to say, I am not surprised with the results.

As a matter of fact, we did have issues every single time that congress raised the debt.
Trump's Budget in 2021 was about $4T
Biden's Budget in 2023 is $6.9T
MAGA Republicans want to get it back to about $4T, the pre-Covid Budget number.

BTW, Trump's interest on the Debt was $379b
Biden's interest on the Debt is about $1.5T or $1.1T more JUST FOR INTEREST, so $4T + $1.1T = $5.1T not $6.9T.

So why does Biden get about a $2T slush fund? Where is that $2T going?

~Snip~

Commentary:
**********​

Biden isn't sick and tired of anything except for when they don't give him his pudding cups on time......

The people running biden are obama minions.......

Easy solution. Vote as many Republicans out of office in 2024.
They've proven they're unable to govern, and their ideology is a failure.
Trump: $2 gas, 1% inflation, 0 foreign wars.

Biden: $5 gas, 10% inflation, and an unwinnable and very expensive war on the Russian border.

Seems to me, it's the Demo scum that can't govern.

Democrats, you're totally full of shit if you think this regime is somehow better than the last one. EVERY quantitative measure says you're wrong. EVERY measure says you're screwing the pooch.

Biden isn't sick and tired of anything except for when they don't give him his pudding cups on time......

The people running biden are obama minions.......
Hypocritical democrats. Shut down is all repubs fault---except the dems don't compromise on anything. There's enough blame to go around for everyone. These congressional morons are all culpable.

Trump's Budget in 2021 was about $4T
Biden's Budget in 2023 is $6.9T
MAGA Republicans want to get it back to about $4T, the pre-Covid Budget number.

BTW, Trump's interest on the Debt was $379b
Biden's interest on the Debt is about $1.5T or $1.1T more JUST FOR INTEREST, so $4T + $1.1T = $5.1T not $6.9T.

So why does Biden get about a $2T slush fund? Where is that $2T going?
Trump never passed a budget. All we've had is one continuing resolution after another.

Now....let's get down to the real meat&potatoes:

The Democrat controlled congress refused to allow Trump $6 billion to build a wall, yet Biden gets the okay to send over $100 billion over to Ukraine to protect their borders.

No president can spend a cent without the approval of congress.

With one exception....the Magic Negro was allowed to spend whatever the fuck he wanted.

~Snip~

Commentary:
**********​
Typical double talk from demafasict

Trump never passed a budget. All we've had is one continuing resolution after another.

The Democrat controlled congress refused to allow Trump $6 billion to build a wall, yet Biden gets the okay to send over $100 billion over to Ukraine to protect their borders.

With one exception....the Magic Negro was allowed to spend whatever the fuck he wanted.

Actually, it was the rinos in congress who hated Trump who refused to give him that money....the republicans had control of both houses in his first two years.

This is another problem with Trump as the candidate. If he wins, he is a lame duck day one, and the same republican quislings who stood back and watched him get savaged by the democrats instead of standing with him....will do the same, knowing they just have to wait out 4 years.

Um he signed a budgets…I think you are confusing him with the first term of Obama

Trump: $2 gas, 1% inflation, 0 foreign wars.

Biden: $5 gas, 10% inflation, and an unwinnable and very expensive war on the Russian border.

Seems to me, it's the Demo scum that can't govern.

Democrats, you're totally full of shit if you think this regime is somehow better than the last one. EVERY quantitative measure says you're wrong. EVERY measure says you're screwing the pooch.
None of which was his doing. He inherited those conditions from his predecessor. Period.

I get it. This man was the savior of your race. But he was and still is a POS. And he will lose next year. No one wants to see his shitshow again. :)

Forum List

Back