McCarthy says no progress in debt ceiling talks with Biden: ‘I didn't see any new movement’

Nobody is cutting any of that, liar....Maintaining spending levels of six months ago isn't a cut.

If you liberoids couldn't lie out your asses, you'd have nothing to say.
He’s another math failure who thinks that if you get a 15% increase instead of the 25% you wanted, that you got a 10% reduction, not the 15% bump you received.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday he saw no new movement from President Biden during a White House meeting on debt limit negotiations, just weeks before the federal government is set to run out of cash to pay its bills by June 1.

"Everybody in this meeting reiterated the positions they were at. I didn't see any new movement," the speaker said. He said nothing has changed for Biden since they met on the same issue on Feb. 1.

McCarthy said the next steps on the issue is for staff-level meetings to take place over the rest of the week, and then hold another meeting between Biden, McCarthy and other congressional leaders.

McCarthy defended the GOP position of insisting on spending cuts as a condition of raising the debt ceiling by pointing out that the House passed a debt limit bill, the Limit, Save, Grow Act that accomplishes both, while Senate Democrats have done nothing. Democrats have panned the House bill as a non-starter.

It must be frustrating to even have to sit down with the Vegetable in Chief (VIG).

At least he did not smell a movement. ;)

/-----/ "he saw no new movement from President Biden "
If you want to see movement, check Joe's depends.

Love it. When a Republican President is in office, Congressional Republicans have NO problem extending that debt ceiling. But the minute a Democrat is in the office...NO WAY!!.
Way to make a stand, assholes! :auiqs.jpg:

If I were the DNC, I'd mount a PR campaign the likes no one has seen before and let rational thinking America fry em! :)

SHUP Loon.

Youve been wrong every post ive seen for months. You are a 65IQ child on mommmies PC, get off the boards clown.
Link a single one. All of my posts are 100% factual. The few times I’m wrong I’ll admit it like Im on thin ice in the burger thread saying BK doesn’t have a bad burger but other than that… spot on.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy said Tuesday he saw no new movement from President Biden during a White House meeting on debt limit negotiations, just weeks before the federal government is set to run out of cash to pay its bills by June 1.

"Everybody in this meeting reiterated the positions they were at. I didn't see any new movement," the speaker said. He said nothing has changed for Biden since they met on the same issue on Feb. 1.

McCarthy said the next steps on the issue is for staff-level meetings to take place over the rest of the week, and then hold another meeting between Biden, McCarthy and other congressional leaders.

McCarthy defended the GOP position of insisting on spending cuts as a condition of raising the debt ceiling by pointing out that the House passed a debt limit bill, the Limit, Save, Grow Act that accomplishes both, while Senate Democrats have done nothing. Democrats have panned the House bill as a non-starter.

It must be frustrating to even have to sit down with the Vegetable in Chief (VIG).

At least he did not smell a movement. ;)

Both sides are just putting on a show meeting with each other, to prove they are interested in solving the problem, even as the problem is not getting solved. But, if one side doesn't show up then the other side can claim the other side isn't interested in negotiating. So, both sides show up.

Love it. When a Republican President is in office, Congressional Republicans have NO problem extending that debt ceiling. But the minute a Democrat is in the office...NO WAY!!.
Way to make a stand, assholes! :auiqs.jpg:

If I were the DNC, I'd mount a PR campaign the likes no one has seen before and let rational thinking America fry em! :)
Um, Republicans passed a bill to raise the debt ceiling, Tardboi.

Get up to speed.

Um, Republicans passed a bill to raise the debt ceiling, Tardboi.

Get up to speed.
With spending cuts, Smooshy Face. Not..a..clean..bill. They raised that ceiling several times when your savior was in office. Not a peep from any of you.

I am up to speed. Let the Republicans #sand.

With spending cuts, Smooshy Face. Not..a..clean..bill. They raised that ceiling several times when your savior was in office. Not a peep from any of you.

I am up to speed. Let the Republicans #sand.
Your opinion doesn’t matter, Simp.

Republicans voted to raise the debt ceiling. Fact.

Schumer refuses to bring it to a vote in the Senate. Fact.

Biden says he would veto it. Fact.

Any default will be the fault of Dimwingers. Fact.

Your opinion doesn’t matter, Simp.

Republicans voted to raise the debt ceiling. Fact.

Schumer refuses to bring it to a vote in the Senate. Fact.

Biden says he would veto it. Fact.

Any default will be the fault of Dimwingers. Fact.
It's not an opinion, Derp. I don't give a shit what Republicans conjured up. They raised the debt ceiling with no preconditions multiple times under Trump. But won't do it here because there's a guy with a D next to his name in the White House.
I wouldn't bring it to a vote either. Polls already indicate a majority of voters are blaming Republicans for the standoff. Which is exactly where the blame should be placed. And those numbers will get higher the closer to June 1st we get.

I bet McCarthy blinks first. He'll have no choice.

Republicans will lose on this and Biden knows it so he will just let them crash into a brick wall. You had a soapbox to stand on before Trump. At least at that time the right pretended to care about debt and deficit. However, once they had the power and a good economy the entire republican party went along with massive increases in spending while continuing to demand free money from the fed all for political points republicans lost that high ground.

No one buys the bullshit republican tag lines anymore. The right does not care about spending whatsoever.

It's not an opinion, Derp. I don't give a shit what Republicans conjured up. They raised the debt ceiling with no preconditions multiple times under Trump. But won't do it here because there's a guy with a D next to his name in the White House.
I wouldn't bring it to a vote either. Polls already indicate a majority of voters are blaming Republicans for the standoff. Which is exactly where the blame should be placed. And those numbers will get higher the closer to June 1st we get.

I bet McCarthy blinks first. He'll have no choice.
My facts stand, Simp.

Forum List

Back