McCain and Charles Keating

Chris

Gold Member
May 30, 2008
McCain and Keating had become personal friends following their initial contacts in 1981.[8] Between 1982 and 1987, McCain had received $112,000 in political contributions from Keating and his associates.[14] In addition, McCain's wife Cindy McCain and her father Jim Hensley had invested $359,100 in a Keating shopping center in April 1986, a year before McCain met with the regulators. McCain, his family, and their baby-sitter had made nine trips at Keating's expense, sometimes aboard Keating's jet. Three of the trips were made during vacations to Keating's opulent Bahamas retreat at Cat Cay. McCain did not pay Keating (in the amount of $13,433) for some of the trips until years after they were taken, when he learned that Keating was in trouble over Lincoln.[6][15]

Keating Five - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
McCain is a typical republican, in the end it is all about money and power and screw the country. Remember Frist and a host of others, including Cheney/Bush, that the tools still support republicans mystifies common sense. Harken oh Harken....Hailburton hail-burton - republicans pray to corporations in case anyone asks.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

McCain and Keating had become personal friends following their initial contacts in 1981.[8] Between 1982 and 1987, McCain had received $112,000 in political contributions from Keating and his associates.[14] In addition, McCain's wife Cindy McCain and her father Jim Hensley had invested $359,100 in a Keating shopping center in April 1986, a year before McCain met with the regulators. McCain, his family, and their baby-sitter had made nine trips at Keating's expense, sometimes aboard Keating's jet. Three of the trips were made during vacations to Keating's opulent Bahamas retreat at Cat Cay. McCain did not pay Keating (in the amount of $13,433) for some of the trips until years after they were taken, when he learned that Keating was in trouble over Lincoln.[6][15]

Troll...
The report also said that McCain's "actions were not improper nor attended with gross negligence and did not reach the level of requiring institutional action against him....Senator McCain has violated no law of the United States or specific Rule of the United States Senate."[20]

McCain's wife and her mafia friendly father were business partners with Charles Keating. Took trips on his private jet, etc... McCain tried to pressure regulators in the guise of looking out for employers in his state.

McCain's wife and her mafia friendly father were business partners with Charles Keating. Took trips on his private jet, etc... McCain tried to pressure regulators in the guise of looking out for employers in his state.

Read the report he did nothing wrong, do I really need to post it again, Troll?

On April 9, 1987, a two-hour meeting[4] with three members of the FHLBB San Francisco branch was held, again in DeConcini's office, to discuss the government's investigation of Lincoln.[8][6] Present were Cranston, DeConcini, Glenn, McCain, and additionally Riegle.[6] The regulators felt that the meeting was very unusual and that they were being pressured by a united front, as the senators presented their reasons for having the meeting.[6] McCain said, "One of our jobs as elected officials is to help constituents in a proper fashion. ACC is a big employer and important to the local economy."

On April 9, 1987, a two-hour meeting[4] with three members of the FHLBB San Francisco branch was held, again in DeConcini's office, to discuss the government's investigation of Lincoln.[8][6] Present were Cranston, DeConcini, Glenn, McCain, and additionally Riegle.[6] The regulators felt that the meeting was very unusual and that they were being pressured by a united front, as the senators presented their reasons for having the meeting.[6] McCain said, "One of our jobs as elected officials is to help constituents in a proper fashion. ACC is a big employer and important to the local economy."
uh, what part of "no rules broken" dont you understand

It gets even better Kirk! McCain is working with Bob Nay now:

Robert William "Bob" Ney (born July 5, 1954) is an American politician from the U.S. state of Ohio. A Republican, Ney represented Ohio's 18th congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1995 until November 3, 2006, when he resigned. Ney's resignation followed his guilty plea to charges of conspiracy and making false statements in relation to the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal.

And on a side note. If you don't think the GOP stole Ohio:

Guess what? Bad boy Abramoff's firm has receiving payments from Diebold, Inc.! And, so far, nobody knows what for!

Brad Friedman: Connecting Ohio's Bob Ney and the Electoral Fraud Dots...

But since Republicans won't ever admit their guys are guilty until a jury says so, I'm sure no amount of evidence is enough, plus, they'll just say both sides do it, brush it off and continue to turn a blind eye to GOP corruption. And not even have a problem with the fact that Bob Nay is now working with McCain.

I guess what's the big deal since they are all crooks, right?

Why would the government stop being so corrupt when you defend their corruption? Suckers.

But hey, at least John McCain gives felons a second chance:

CINCINNATI — A prison Web site says former Ohio congressman Bob Ney is scheduled for release from a halfway house after serving his time in connection with a corruption scandal.

Ney, a Republican who served six House terms, has served nearly a year and a half of his original 2 1/2-year sentence. The federal prisons Web site shows Aug. 16 as his release date.

The 54-year-old Ney was transferred in February from a prison in Morgantown, W.Va., to Cincinnati for placement in a halfway house.

Ney is the former chairman of the House administration committee. He admitted trading political favors for gifts and campaign donations arranged by lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

The sentence was reduced after Ney completed treatment for alcohol problems.

Who cares?

McCain is a typical republican, in the end it is all about money and power and screw the country. Remember Frist and a host of others, including Cheney/Bush, that the tools still support republicans mystifies common sense. Harken oh Harken....Hailburton hail-burton - republicans pray to corporations in case anyone asks.

A vote for John McCain is a vote against the fundamental principle of America, the right of the individual to lead their life privately without the government interfering.

It cracks me up that you kool-aid drinkers think Democrats are any different. In the end, it's all about money and power and screw the country to them as well.

Sheep.

It gets even better Kirk! McCain is working with Bob Nay now:

Robert William "Bob" Ney (born July 5, 1954) is an American politician from the U.S. state of Ohio. A Republican, Ney represented Ohio's 18th congressional district in the U.S. House of Representatives from 1995 until November 3, 2006, when he resigned. Ney's resignation followed his guilty plea to charges of conspiracy and making false statements in relation to the Jack Abramoff Indian lobbying scandal.

And on a side note. If you don't think the GOP stole Ohio:

Guess what? Bad boy Abramoff's firm has receiving payments from Diebold, Inc.! And, so far, nobody knows what for!

Brad Friedman: Connecting Ohio's Bob Ney and the Electoral Fraud Dots...

But since Republicans won't ever admit their guys are guilty until a jury says so, I'm sure no amount of evidence is enough, plus, they'll just say both sides do it, brush it off and continue to turn a blind eye to GOP corruption. And not even have a problem with the fact that Bob Nay is now working with McCain.

I guess what's the big deal since they are all crooks, right?

Why would the government stop being so corrupt when you defend their corruption? Suckers.

But hey, at least John McCain gives felons a second chance:

CINCINNATI — A prison Web site says former Ohio congressman Bob Ney is scheduled for release from a halfway house after serving his time in connection with a corruption scandal.

Ney, a Republican who served six House terms, has served nearly a year and a half of his original 2 1/2-year sentence. The federal prisons Web site shows Aug. 16 as his release date.

The 54-year-old Ney was transferred in February from a prison in Morgantown, W.Va., to Cincinnati for placement in a halfway house.

Ney is the former chairman of the House administration committee. He admitted trading political favors for gifts and campaign donations arranged by lobbyist Jack Abramoff.

The sentence was reduced after Ney completed treatment for alcohol problems.

You two are couple morons. You shouldn't be allowed to vote, nor even have internet access. This thread is a waste of bandwidth.

And if this could be turned against a democrat you would be singing in the streets. Rather hypocritical don't you think!

Republican Corruption

You're projecting. I don't sing in the streets. You also don't see me piling onto baseless accusations. Feel free to not ascribe your personal failings to me.

A simple concept you seem unable to grasp, and is supported by several years of posts, is that I'm for punishing criminals. I am not however, part of that lynch mob you ride around with trying to hang people based on innuendo or flat-out fabrications.

Straight-up: I left the Demcratic party because of people like YOU. Your ideology sucks. In YOUR mind -- and the minds of those like you -- that might automtically make me a Republican, but as usual, you would be wrong.

Yet, even after several years of posting on this board, you STILL come on here and act like you don't already know that. That would make you either phenominally stupid, or so blind to your own politicl idealism you only see and hear what you want. Your every post smacks of the latter.

It cracks me up that you kool-aid drinkers think Democrats are any different. In the end, it's all about money and power and screw the country to them as well.

Sheep.

I told you so! I said you guys would ultimately say, "they all do it", which proves you don't get the extent of the corruption that took place. Maybe I should be a moderator. You don't deserve the power.

I told you so! I said you guys would ultimately say, "they all do it", which proves you don't get the extent of the corruption that took place. Maybe I should be a moderator. You don't deserve the power.

You are an idiot, and you just earned yourself 3 days time out for your last two sentences. Enjoy.

You two are couple morons. You shouldn't be allowed to vote, nor even have internet access. This thread is a waste of bandwidth.

When people post information you don't like, you insult them.

That is your M.O.

uh, what part of "no rules broken" dont you understand

The guy is a partisian hack if the government report, written by a bipartisian panel says there was no wrongdoing on MCcain's part. Kirk will just find one crazy ass left loon person so that he can cite them. It's quite typical of Kirk, his postings are usually :cuckoo:

And that is being nice because I said usually...

The guy is a partisian hack if the government report, written by a bipartisian panel says there was no wrongdoing on MCcain's part. Kirk will just find one crazy ass left loon person so that he can cite them. It's quite typical of Kirk, his postings are usually :cuckoo:

oh, that has been transparent in the posts i have read of his

I posted the meeting notes in which McCain was trying to influence the regulators for his buddy Charles Keating.

But don't bother you with the facts...

I posted the meeting notes in which McCain was trying to influence the regulators for his buddy Charles Keating.

But don't bother you with the facts...

Yawn, a bipartisian Congressional panel said there was no wrongdoings on MCcain's part, that's good enough for me.

Forum List

Back