Mann Vs. Curry Round TWO...

Billy_Bob

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2014
Top Of The Great Divide
Mann got has ass spanked a few years back in round one while testifying to congress. Now he is returning for a second butt whooping.. I look forward to seeing Mann and Dr. Titley get Their clocks cleaned by Dr. Moore and Dr. Curry...

Climate showdown of the decade?

Climate change is undeniable. But is human activity causing it, and if so, to what degree? How are current public policies helping or hurting the situation? All these questions and more will be addressed at Spilman Thomas & Battle’s Environmental Forum: Conversations on Climate Change.

We’re thrilled to be bringing world-renowned scientists and policy experts in the field to the stage at the University of Charleston to discuss these issues from both sides of the table–expect an exciting exchange of ideas on the causes and effects of climate change, the prognosis for the future, and what can and should be done to prepare for those changes. We’ll hear from those whose research leads them to believe human activity is having a dangerous impact on the climate, as well as those who believe such theories are overblown and unsupported by the science.

Mann got has ass spanked a few years back in round one while testifying to congress. Now he is returning for a second butt whooping.. I look forward to seeing Mann and Dr. Titley get Their clocks cleaned by Dr. Moore and Dr. Curry...

Climate change is undeniable. But is human activity causing it, and if so, to what degree? How are current public policies helping or hurting the situation? All these questions and more will be addressed at Spilman Thomas & Battle’s Environmental Forum: Conversations on Climate Change.

We’re thrilled to be bringing world-renowned scientists and policy experts in the field to the stage at the University of Charleston to discuss these issues from both sides of the table–expect an exciting exchange of ideas on the causes and effects of climate change, the prognosis for the future, and what can and should be done to prepare for those changes. We’ll hear from those whose research leads them to believe human activity is having a dangerous impact on the climate, as well as those who believe such theories are overblown and unsupported by the science.

I might have to do a road trip to see that. Hope they have paramedics on scene. Good on them.

We should start a USMB pool on the results. :banana: I'll handicap Mann and whosit a point or two..

I might have to do a road trip to see that. Hope they have paramedics on scene. Good on them.

We should start a USMB pool on the results. :banana: I'll handicap Mann and whosit a point or two..
I am hoping Judith has been working on her debate skills.. This would be a really interesting watch.. If they could get someone to live stream it for 5 bucks a receiver/viewer I would buy in...

I want to sit in the front row wearing a Toronto Maple Leaf sweatshirt and carrying a hockey stick. Yeah baby!!!!

You have to give the left wing loons credit though. They are still not giving it up Asking what happened in between 5 ice ages barely slows them down.

:lmao:

I just looked up several reviews of the Mann-Curry get-together back in 2014 and the opinions I saw do not match yours. Curry seemed to accede her opponents points and claimed, after the fact, that she was only concerned about uncertainties. The net effect did not impress any of the three reviewers I looked at.

I highly doubt Curry or Moore could hold their mud with Mann. Curry didn't drop out of academia from a lack of challenge and Moore hasn't done anything but geo-PR for decades.

But, you folks have fun spinning this whichever way you feel you have to.

Curry has never denied that the man created GHGs are causing warming. She just wants the scientists to be good little virgins and not soil themselves with policy recommedations. She seems to forget that many of the scientists are also parents and grandparents and want a better world for their children and grandchildren. She has lost all credibility among her peers concerning her validity as a scientist.

Looks like Google Chrome is BLOCKING WUWT. Got a a security alert on your link. Y'all need to YELL AT THEM... LOUDLY...

Really?

Watts Up With That?

NOTICE: WUWT to begin migration to new cloud server – opening up new horizons

Hello everybody, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued patronage of WUWT, and to let you know that in the last couples of months the site has been under attack by a variety of forces, which has reduced the viability and visibility of the website. After consulting with technical people…

Yes it has been under attack a lot, as I would know being a Moderator there.

The changes are already visible in the comments there, with a sudden drop in spamming crap.

Really?

Watts Up With That?

NOTICE: WUWT to begin migration to new cloud server – opening up new horizons

Hello everybody, I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued patronage of WUWT, and to let you know that in the last couples of months the site has been under attack by a variety of forces, which has reduced the viability and visibility of the website. After consulting with technical people…

Yes it has been under attack a lot, as I would know being a Moderator there.

The changes are already visible in the comments there, with a sudden drop in spamming crap.
Migration completed.... And its way faster loading and now they have the SSL problems taken care of it zooms!

So now the shit comes at you really fast? That must be a satisfying experience.

So now the shit comes at you really fast? That must be a satisfying experience.

The flow of real spam is now ZERO.

You write: "So now the shit comes at you really fast? That must be a satisfying experience."

Only people like you would think it is good, which says a lot about you...…………………….

Curry has never denied that the man created GHGs are causing warming. She just wants the scientists to be good little virgins and not soil themselves with policy recommedations. She seems to forget that many of the scientists are also parents and grandparents and want a better world for their children and grandchildren. She has lost all credibility among her peers concerning her validity as a scientist.

WHAT THE FUCK WITH
THE
CONSTANT
FAKERY???:dunno::dunno:

Curry not respected by her peers? That's exactly like saying Roseanne Barr isn't respected by her peers in Hollywood but failing to tell the whole story.....failing to connect the dots ( purposefully) to the uninformed. That's called intellectual dishonesty.

Taking a step away from a religion like the climate change industry is like walking away from the mob if you are Judith Curry. It's business:eusa_dance:

Thankfully, and of course, most importantly, the people who make climate change policy in America embrace the "Luke warmist" science supported by Dr Curry and not Mann's climate hysteria science :cul2::cul2:. So really.... .... the whole debate thing is rather moot.

Plain and simple.... Dr. Curry advocates for far more study of the climate before conclusions are drawn. She among others who have stepped away from the religion, = a huge threat to the climate change industry. For the religion, they will always push the CO2 causation.... no other possible variables matter to them. It's business not science.

Duh

Last edited:
Like I predicted Curry made lite work of the Mann argument.

I watched the live stream, which was a disaster, but still got a good sense of what went on.

Mann essentially sounded like a broken record from his past dire predictions of 3-6 deg C rise and 6' to 8' sea level rise by 2100. Both predictions are totally irrelevant/unrealistic as we would have to see 0.4--0.6 deg C rise every decade from today forward and that isn't going to happen by empirical evidence.

The cult members of church of AGW will not be swayed but now they have real facts as presented by Curry and Moore that shows the fallacy of the AGW deception.

They are supposed to place an Official copy of the event on youtube and send out dvd's to those of us who payed for the viewing.. Should be interesting as the sound bites get reported over coming months.

I must admit that it was presented in a professional and respectful manner...

Here is a much better synopsis;
Yesterday’s Climate Debate of the Decade: a summary from an attendee

Forum List

Back