Is hunting for whales ever okay?

I don’t know. I need to sample some Minke Whale to be able to make a determination. Is it good with ketchup.

Eating anything that tastes good is okay. If bald eagle tasted like steak I would strangle one on the White House lawn in front of children.

From the article,

"The latest figures show that of 333 minke Antarctic whales killed last summer, 181 were females. Some 122 females, or 67 per cent, were pregnant.

The hunt killed 61 immature males and 53 immature females – 114 in total."

Have no idea how many estimated Minke Whales there are in the oceans, but that is a lot of pregnant whales being harvested in a single year.

I find Japans science research statement claims to be hollow, it has the smell of trying to legitimize the scale of harvesting them for food.

Japan slaughters more than 120 pregnant whales for 'research'

A lot of people are angry with Japan and Norway for hunting Minke whales. Minke whales are not endangered and the hunting of them is regulated. If eating cows and chickens isn't wrong then why is it wrong to eat a Minke whale?
Dominion or Minimization

Enviros are mutants who never got the memo to their DNA that man evolved into a far higher status than the animals, which only exist for our use and even pleasure.

I support renewable energy

whale_oil_futurama_by_bronco3d-d4gs2wo.png

A lot of people are angry with Japan and Norway for hunting Minke whales. Minke whales are not endangered and the hunting of them is regulated. If eating cows and chickens isn't wrong then why is it wrong to eat a Minke whale?
We don't eat "cows".

Cows are used in the dairy industry and when they become old aged they become cat and dog food.

Chickens are birds, not mammals.

As far as livestock raising and butchering for meat, while this has never set well with animal rights activists, it has historically been a great source of protein and nutrition for humans.

As for whales, they are just another species of mammal. No different killing a whale than killing a steer.

We do kill and eat steers. Just not cows.

I don’t know. I need to sample some Minke Whale to be able to make a determination. Is it good with ketchup.
I have often pondered that I can kill anything on Earth with my 300 RUM or my 12 gauge slug gun except whales.

They are just too big to kill.

It takes a boat and a crew and harpoons to kill whales.

Great meat if you can get it.

Probably tastes like moose or elk or buffalo.

We don't eat "cows".

Cows are used in the dairy industry and when they become old aged they become cat and dog food.

As far as livestock raising and butchering for meat, while this has never set well with animal rights activists, it has historically been a great source of protein and nutrition for humans.

As for whales, they are just another species of mammal. No different killing a whale than killing a steer.

With all due respect I have to call bullshit... No pun intended... I don't know your particular circumstances but in general anyone who eats beef, eats cows... Now if you are a Bovine producer and can control the pieces of beef by butchering yourself, you may just eat steers... You used the pronoun "We" and I take it you mean all of us carnivores... I hate to bust your bubble but cows go to market by the gazillion on a daily basis... And that is for human consumption...

How Many Cows Are Killed Each Day?

Last edited:
We don't eat "cows".

With all due respect I have to call bullshit... No pun intended... I don't know your particular circumstances but in general anyone who eats beef, eats cows... Now if you are a Bovine producer and can control the pieces of beef by butchering yourself, you may just eat steers... You used the pronoun "We" and I take it you mean all of us carnivores... I hate to bust your bubble but cows go to market by the gazillion an a daily basis... And that is for human consumption...

How Many Cows Are Killed Each Day?
Like I said -- cows = cat and dog food.

Steers = people food.

I am going to take it that you know better than what you saying by lack of your response... But if you are serious I would be more than happy to school you and you errant ways in an appropriate thread... See you at Jack in the Box...

Yep- no different than eating dogs.

I wouldn't eat a dog, but I'm not so full of myself that I would condemn Koreans for eating them.

Same thing with the Europe and horses.

And Hindu's probably aren't too keen on our beef eating.

From the article,

"The latest figures show that of 333 minke Antarctic whales killed last summer, 181 were females. Some 122 females, or 67 per cent, were pregnant.

The hunt killed 61 immature males and 53 immature females – 114 in total."

Have no idea how many estimated Minke Whales there are in the oceans, but that is a lot of pregnant whales being harvested in a single year.

I find Japans science research statement claims to be hollow, it has the smell of trying to legitimize the scale of harvesting them for food.

Of course it's hollow, but it's the loophole they are allowed to harvest whales for consumption.

Their culture finds nothing wrong with it, so who are we to judge?

Forum List

Back