Major Storm here

Again for many including New Jersey, more snow Tuesday afternoon the 9th thru Wed Feb 10th, and the Guru's are predicting another 12", that means probably 3" or 2 Feet who knows. Got the snowblower ready again and hopefully it'll be a powdery snow and not wet like the one in December, rendering the snowblower useless.
This last one ranged in this location from about 15" to 21" depending on the wind and drifting, 28.5" in Philadelphia heading for another record.

Thermal panty hose? lol

Stock up on peanut butter EZ. French toast is yucky if the power goes out. :eusa_sick:

Thermal panty hose or heated battery operated shorts. How about using your snowblowers? Just route the exhaust pipe into your shorts, you'll be warm as toast while you takin' care of business.

Woke up to several inches of snow in Little Rock. The schools are closed and the roads are slushy. Great snow for snowball fights and snowmen!!!!
What about snowwhose ?

Not even Urban Dictionary could help me with this one. :confused: (Snow women?)

Screw you ,If you dont know the dif between hoes ,whose and what ever mother fucker.
I just dont know what to type,Make your final arrangements .
Your aneurysm is on order.
Laugh it up .

Ha ha. No thank you.

We have off from school today but I was hoping we'd go back tomorrow. Word on the street is that the middle school is being used as a shelter so maybe not. There are still quite a few homes without power.

Hey - del - 82 and sunny in Boston still?

My goodness. My son is in D.C. and we had a little argument last week about him coming home this past weekend. I texted him about a thousand times giving him an updated misery report. At least he had power in his dorm. He's coming home next weekend. Hopefully... Do you think it's possible si modo?

My goodness. My son is in D.C. and we had a little argument last week about him coming home this past weekend. I texted him about a thousand times giving him an updated misery report. At least he had power in his dorm. He's coming home next weekend. Hopefully... Do you think it's possible si modo?
The rumblings about it started seriously yesterday. They said anywhere from 4-12". Then this morning, they are pretty sure it's going to be 8". We'll see.

But, more snow is coming.

Unbelievable. The lack of planning by the local governments here is disgusting to me.

I cannot get out of my neighborhood, but I guess I should be thankful that I have power.

Gorgeous pics, Coyote! We're supposed to get those 10 in, tonight and tomorrow. I'm just hoping for enough by 6 am to call a snow day! Oh, for EZ too!

Thanks! What state are you in? I think we're getting it tomorrow and Wednesday. I decided to put off getting our driveway plowed out until after that...I got an unexpected snowday today - I work for WVU, and they almost never close but the did today. Lots of power lines down as well as the roads. It's nice having a "free day" :D

Gorgeous pics, Coyote! We're supposed to get those 10 in, tonight and tomorrow. I'm just hoping for enough by 6 am to call a snow day! Oh, for EZ too!

Thanks! What state are you in? I think we're getting it tomorrow and Wednesday. I decided to put off getting our driveway plowed out until after that...I got an unexpected snowday today - I work for WVU, and they almost never close but the did today. Lots of power lines down as well as the roads. It's nice having a "free day" :D

Annie is in Illinois, I'm in Indiana. Yes, a snow day would be nice, we have to make it up in May, but oh well, at least the roads will be safe to drive then!

I bet your dogs are having a BLAST! :cool:

The rumblings about it started seriously yesterday. They said anywhere from 4-12". Then this morning, they are pretty sure it's going to be 8". We'll see.

Unbelievable. The lack of planning by the local governments here is disgusting to me.

I cannot get out of my neighborhood, but I guess I should be thankful that I have power.

:cool:

Wouldn't it be coolith if it snowed so much in DC that the Federal Gov't couldn't open again until August?:eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

I wonder if anyone outside DC would notice?:eusa_whistle:

Right. I never lost power, but I had to go to work saturday night. I work in DC, live in PG County it was Hell trying to drive to the metro station in Largo and then it was a forty minute wait for the train. Didn't get home until 6am yesterday, and I slept until the supwerbowl. Ha.

I heard 6-12 where I live in Clinton. Schools are closed in Montgomery County again tommorow and I'm guessing Prince George's is going to follow suit and everybody will be closed Wednesday and probably Thursday. My nephews are happy. Hell, I might take off until Thursday myself.

Glad I don't live in Baltimore though... they're predicting another foot on top of the two they got this weekend.:lol:

This is rediculous. I think this is God's way of telling DC that global warming is bull. I'm wondering how Obama's going to try to sell climate change to DC over the next few weeks with this going on...

Wouldn't it be coolith if it snowed so much in DC that the Federal Gov't couldn't open again until August?:eusa_pray::eusa_pray:

On behalf of all the people in the DMV (DC MD VA)... HELL TO THE MOTHERFREAKING NO!!:lol::lol:

I live just outside the beltway and we don't notice when they are "working". (!?)
I'm in the 8 to 12" range for tomorrow and Wednesday time frame. Hell, just finally dug out from this big one. After this last one 12 inches will seem like nothing. The cool thing about this kind of situation is meeting a lot of neighbors for the first time and having most everyone pitch in to help each other out. One neighbor's tree came down across the street blocking two thirds of us in. A couple of our neighbors showed up with chain saws and cleared the way. Same with clearing the street, groups of us have been hand clearing the street and cul de sac until one of our neighbors who runs a private plow was able to get home and make a couple of passes. Only had one issue with three guys who were clearing the street for themselves and further burying others cars due to selfish thoughtlessness. After they made a couple of rude and snide comments to one person who's car they were burying a bunch of us let them know what they were doing and saying was inappropriate and would have negative consequences if continued. They got the point and corrected their attitudes and actions.

They allow people near DC to have CHAINSAWS ??? :eek:

In Virginia yeah, in DC and Maryland ya probably have to have a permit approved by the local Chief of Police, Mayor, Council Member, County Executive, Tax Collector, Dog Catcher, etc, ad nausium........
Hell you aught to see the paperwork involved in registering a spit wad in DC! Not to mention the $550 fee and micro stamping costs.

Forum List

Back