Lost Raiders Owner Mark Davis in talks of moving team to san antonio.

The NV State Senate just passed a funding package two nights ago. If the State Assembly does the same then it's another step forward.
yeah thats what I heard.

there are some groups in nevada in this link that plan to fight against it but i dont see what good that will do.this isnt a country where our government cares about what the people want after all.

Progressive Groups Fight Vegas NFL Stadium After Nevada Senate Approves $750 Million Tax Subsidy | Huffington Post

Last edited:
Could Eddie DeBartolo keep Raiders in Oakland?

I honestly always thought he was waiting on SD to make a decision on that I think SD will stay and get a deal and than marky mark is gonna try to ran back at the LA deal.....because isn't it true that the owners can't vote again for Oakland to take the LA Deal?

Davis will not share with Niners at Levi but was more than willing to move to LA and share with arch rival Chargers! He will have no problem sharing with Rams! This proves its not about Oakland he doesn't want Raiders in Bay Area! He needs to be thrown out on his butt! He won't have equal partnership at Inglewood! According to Amy Trask equal partnership was offered to Davis at Levi and he refused! This just proves he wants out of Bay Area! He won't even talk to Ronnie Lott about building in Oakland! Davis makes me sick

hink about it...what ever Eddie could do to stick it to his nephew he'll do. Keeping the Raiders in Oakland does just that. Raiders on the rise with a talented team good GM & coach the Raiders are poised for the long run. Maybe Eddie wants his team back and a slumping 9ers and a strong Raiders team sharing the BayArea Market ensure that the 9ers price tag stays with in Eddies reach.If the Raiders leave the Bay Area 9ers price sky rockets because they will be the only NFL franchise here. Smart move by Eddie and if it helps keep the Raiders here so be it. Is the enemy of my enemy...My enemy?#Mexicanstandoff

Eddie DeBartolo Rumored To Be Exploring Way To Keep Raiders In Oakland

Last edited:
excellent points on WHY the Raiders wont be going to vegas.:beer:

The only way Raiders are moving to Vegas is if Oakland and Lott have absolutely no plan and financing at all! I'm sure Lott has a financing plan but for some reason hasn't submitted it to the public yet! Moving from Number 6 market to number 42 will lose NFL a lot of money! More money in bay than Vegas! Look what happened to St Louis! They had a stadium plan and lost team to a bigger market! Don't get deceived by all the fancy Vegas designs! A new stadium in Oakland will raise value of team a lot more than one in Vegas! I predict St. Louis and Vegas will get expansion teams in a few years

Davis actions will come back to haunt him...I believe the national football league will investigate mark davis for his lack of cooperation or failed attempts to negotiate with the home market in good faith, and his involvement with sheldon adelson and his history of lawsuits and money laundering and the unfair process and the corruption that occured During this period. I predic if it comes to an owners vote...the leage will deny the move for a number of reasons, poor market size, lack of Capta income, transient population, lack of a credible developer, no site, and Adelson history. He will probably be given a 2 billion dollar check to go away or presented at this week's owners meeings. But the raiders will be staying in oakland

Search
Business Security Threats
Get Tips On Increasing Business Security. Download The Guide!
tycois.com/Commercial-SecurityAds by Google
0:02 / 10:59
Mark Davis, Oakland Raiders Las Vegas Stadium vs NFL Compliance Plan Of 2015

Zennie62

Published on Oct 15, 2016
Las Vegas Raiders? Wait a second.

Mark Davis, Oakland Raiders Las Vegas Stadium vs NFL Compliance Plan Of 2015

When Oakland Raiders Owner Mark Davis stands with Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval and Las Vegas Sands CEO Sheldon Adelson, and signs the SB1 Bill that has within it the much-sought-after $750 million subsidy, Mr. Davis will have officially attached himself to Adelson as a business partner. It's a good idea Davis read the NFL Compliance Plan of 2015.

The plan, established by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, has a detailed set of policies regarding such matters as corruption, and business opportunities. It's the corruption area Davis will find applies to Las Vegas Sands (particularly in the matter of the persistent money-laundering claims that dog him and his organization) and that's because Adelson's corporation seeks to do business with the NFL, and he has stated his interest in becoming an owner of the Oakland Raiders.

This is written under E - Anti-Corruption: “It is a violation of NFL policy to offer bribes and other improper advantages in connection with the activities of the NFL. The NFL is committed to complying with anti-bribery and anti-corruption laws, including the United States Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the United Kingdom Bribery Act. Bribery, kickbacks, and other improper inducements to government officials, business partners, vendors, and suppliers are prohibited. No employee, agent, or representative worldwide may offer, promise, pay, or authorize any financial or other advantage or anything else of value to any person or organization with the intent to exert improper influence over the recipient, induce the recipient to violate his or her duties, or secure an improper advantage for the NFL or its member clubs. All employees are further prohibited from demanding, agreeing to receive, or accepting a bribe, kickback, or any other improper financial or other advantage.”

It's ultimately the decision of NFL Legal as to how to evaluate the actions of Las Vegas Sands, and how this impacts the Oakland Raiders, but it was widely reported that lobbyists under the LV Sands payroll acted, in some cases, like bullies, and overall what they gave Nevada Senators and Assemblypeople can't be reported, even if it was a conflict of interest – they signed a legal provision protecting them from that under Nevada Law.

But what happens in Vegas will stay in Vegas, and is not NFL Policy. The Compliance Plan has other areas that apply to the Raiders / Las Vegas Sands relationships. Altogether, this is in addition to the need for the Raiders to obtain a two-thirds vote of the NFL Ownership.

And then, there's the matter of the relocation bylaws and whether or not Las Vegas actually fits as a real relocation candidate. The consideration of whether there is what the policy calls a “compelling” reason to move to Las Vegas will be front and center – and the answer is no.

The bylaws also call for a good relationship with the home community, and there are many examples where the Raiders have not worked to have this with Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf. And now that Adelson, a Donald Trump-supporter, is involved, Trump's many negative associations with women also come into consideration. Overall, this could degenerate into something that embarrasses the NFL – a clear violation of the NFL Compliance Plan.

The Raiders can and are, behind the scenes, working on staying in Oakland. What will happen is the NFL Compliance Plan will, behind the scenes, play a powerful roll in Mark Davis playing ball in Oakland and not Las Vegas.

Rappaport on the NFL channel doesn't seem to think the league will be to warm with Adleson involved Al still has too many enemies

Raiders fans still faithful after Las Vegas stadium vote

Last edited:

Does the NFL want a Raiders stadium in Las Vegas?

the one thing that newscaster got wrong is he said Jerry Jones is in favor of the raiders going to vegas.not true at all.He did get the part right that Jones has a lot of influence in the league and was instrumental in the Rams coming back to LA however there was this other media source that showed Jones going on record saying he is NOT in favor of the Raiders going to Vegas.

He is one of many owners including NFL commissioner Roger Goodel in favor of them staying. The bottom line WHY is they go from a major market to a much smaller market,the NFL loses money same as they did when the Rams left LA for st louis.they dont want that again. That is why the NFL came up with much tougher rules for Relocation after the Rams left LA to prevent this.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Kat
excellent points on WHY the Raiders wont be going to vegas.:beer:

The only way Raiders are moving to Vegas is if Oakland and Lott have absolutely no plan and financing at all! I'm sure Lott has a financing plan but for some reason hasn't submitted it to the public yet! Moving from Number 6 market to number 42 will lose NFL a lot of money! More money in bay than Vegas! Look what happened to St Louis! They had a stadium plan and lost team to a bigger market! Don't get deceived by all the fancy Vegas designs! A new stadium in Oakland will raise value of team a lot more than one in Vegas! I predict St. Louis and Vegas will get expansion teams in a few years

Davis actions will come back to haunt him...I believe the national football league will investigate mark davis for his lack of cooperation or failed attempts to negotiate with the home market in good faith, and his involvement with sheldon adelson and his history of lawsuits and money laundering and the unfair process and the corruption that occured During this period. I predic if it comes to an owners vote...the leage will deny the move for a number of reasons, poor market size, lack of Capta income, transient population, lack of a credible developer, no site, and Adelson history. He will probably be given a 2 billion dollar check to go away or presented at this week's owners meeings. But the raiders will be staying in oakland

• Thanks
Reactions: Kat
As a result, an unusual dynamic is playing out as the team engages in talks with Las Vegas, while the hometown and its advisers talk to the NFL and key owners. Nevertheless, experts say that Oakland still has the advantage because the league is predisposed to keep the team there.

“Now that the 49ers have moved to Santa Clara, the north Bay Area, which includes San Francisco, Oakland, Marin County, Walnut Creek, Alameda County, some of the wealthiest areas in the world, with a terrific corporate base, is one of the great territories for any sports business,” said Marc Ganis, a sports consultant with particularly close ties to the NFL. “That would be a great loss for the NFL as a whole.”

Asked why the NFL, which allowed the St. Louis Rams to relocate to Los Angeles, wouldn’t allow the Raiders to go to Vegas, he replied, “There was a compelling league interest in L.A. [the second-largest market in the U.S.], not so in the 40th-largest market in the country, even with the glitz and glamour.”

As a result, Ganis believes Oakland needs only a suitable offer, not a Las Vegas-size one, to win over the league.

It is thought Oakland is looking at an amount in the $400 million range, though the politics of pledging any funds to sports stadiums is politically problematic in California. That would leave about $800 million for the team if the stadium costs $1.2 billion. The team is eligible for $300 million of financing from the league for an Oakland stadium, and the remainder could be borrowed using personal seat license, sponsorship and other expected commercial inventory as collateral.

A spokeswoman for Schaaf did not reply for comment.

They aren't moving, but keep believing the bs being spewed out of Nevada.

Funny, NFL keeps sending reps to Oakland, yet not a single one has gone to Vegas, not to mention word coming out now that NFL is considering becoming the developer of the Oakland site.

Stop listening to the bs cats like Vinny and others are spewing. The NFL wants the Raiders to stay in Oakland.

Raiders to Las Vegas Hits A Snag | Gridiron Experts

Last edited:
this is WHY the Raiders wont move,the owners dont want to lose the bay area rivarly and are against it.they will never get the 24 neccesary votes by the owners.

governor Brian Sandoval is expected to sign the bill Monday. The Raiders’ work isn’t done yet, though, as they’re still missing official permission from the NFL. Davis will make that request at the league meetings in January, and the Raiders will need 24 of the 32 NFL owners to approve the move to Las Vegas.

Read more at: Mark Davis Plans To Keep Raiders In Oakland For 2017, 2018 Before Move To Las Vegas

Mark Davis Plans To Keep Raiders In Oakland For 2017, 2018 Before Move To Las Vegas

I don't know what they will do, but it sounds as if they won't be moving.

Look for Larry Ellison to come in by 2017. I remember what happened to the Seahawks former owner Ken Behring, who successfully moved to team to LA in 1996, only to be turned back by the NFL due to the compliance rule. Look for the NFL to exercise that rule on Mark Davis

If the LV idea has so much NFL support, why have they only televised 1 in 6 Raiders games locally there this season? The big showdown with KC? Not televised in LV by the local network affiliate. I just belive if the NFL was behind this they'd be piping in the games to start to build community loyalty.

Bill McKinley I just read la confora's article, it makes sense; he's talking about a trust between Oakland and the NFL similar to what Cleveland did for their expansion team, so I am more hopeful something can be done.

Oakland does have something on the table.They are smart.Did you hear what Charles Barley said about the Las Vegas stadium deal?

Closer than you think. And if you're part of the public majority that's being outright LIED TOO by mainstream media, I assure you, you probably won't hear about it until its actually revealed. Do your research. Because if you want the truth, DO NOT TRUST MAINSTREAM MEDIA. Because they don't know, nor do they even care.

Last night I was watching the Warriors- Lakers game which was at T Mobile Arena in Vegas and there was hardly anyone there, half those seats were empty. I know it's just pre season but I would think the Warriors and Lakers would draw more fans especially since the new Warriors draft pick Patrick McCaw is from UNLV and he had played in that stadium many times so that would be like a homecoming for him. More evidence shows Vegas is just not a sports town.

I have been saying this all along. Why is this media so pro-Vegas? So many Bay Area papers are parroting the Vegas Review false narrative that this is done and Oakland has done nothing and they won't print all the problems they are having in Vegas. This media is a joke.

Las Vegas has a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG WAY TO GO, before they can start talking about supporting an NFL FOOTBALL TEAM. Mainstream media is acting like this Las Vegas bullshit is a slam dunk, when it will be decades before its even a Shaquille O'Neal free throw.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back