Lost Raiders Owner Mark Davis in talks of moving team to san antonio.

... they are not going anywhere. They are a fixture in Oakland and have always been.
Don't get your hopes up about that.

The Coliseum is run down and in a ratty part of town.

The Warriors are moving too, back to San Francisco.

The SF 49ers have moved to Santa Clara.

There is lots of flux right now.

And recall Al Davis' move to L.A. back in the 1980's.

Oakland Raiders | Timeline - Raiders Historical Highlights

Last edited:
t's funny how when there is news in Oakland they say it's "rumors."

But, anywhere else.. "It's a good chance they are moving, key sources says it's a fact that they are going to LV, blah blah blah."

http://justblogbaby.com/…/oakland-raiders-ronnie-lott-grou…/
"the Lott group are offering $300 million to owner Mark Davis for a 20% stake in the Raiders. A deal that would be a tough pill to swallow for the Davis family, but ultimately one that could save the Raiders in Oakland."

With Lott involved it would change the culture of the Oakland Raiders
They won't swallow it.

It's easier just to move to Nevada.

There are Raiders fans all across the USA and Nevada is no different.

Anywhere the Raiders go they will be received warmly.

Mark Davis has no reason to say in OakTown.

... they are not going anywhere. They are a fixture in Oakland and have always been.

you are talking location which I will not argue, I am talking sentiment. Seems to me everyone I discuss this issue with calls them oakland raiders.

Vegas is the latest scuttlebutt from OakTown.

For the next 3 years they are stuck where they are for now though.

Raiders have made progress in Vegas, now owners want the facts

Dude I talk to people in Oakland ALL THE TIME on a regular basis who attend city council meetings and know the mayor so I have more inside information on this that anyone here.

the Raiders are not moving,neither are the A's. you have been listening way too much to what the propaganda LAMEstream media tells you who always hold back facts.:biggrin:

You got a few things right here but some is way off mostly the Raiders and A's moving.:lmao::haha:

Dude the reason the Raiders are not leaving is because the NFL owners dont want to lose the bay area market.They want the Raiders in oakland.

That point about Al Davis moving to LA back in the early 80's holds no water in this day and age in NFL relocation.:lmao:

After the Rams left LA for st louis in 95 and then a year later the Browns left cleveland for Baltimore and the Oilers left Houston for Nashvills NFL relocation rules got MUCH tougher for NFL teams to leave.

Later that year in 96 the NFL drew up new rules that a team could not move from from one major market to a smaller market anymore. WHY do you suppose no teams have relocated since then other than my Rams recently?:lol:

The Rams qualified obviously because they moved from st louis which is the 38th biggest market,to LA the second biggest media market in the country.:laugh:

Oakland if they tried to leave for Vegas would be leaving the 6th biggest market for the 46th biggest media market.not happening.:lol:

as far as LA? if you think there is any chance that will ever fly then you need to get off that crack your smoking.:lmao::haha:

These are the two main reasons the Raiders will never be in LA again.
one-The majority of the NFL owners dont like the Davis family.there is STILL some bad blood with the other NFL owners for Al Davis suing the league and moving without their permission. Mark is not Al but that doesnt matter,he is his son and they dont like the Davis family so he will never get the neccessary 24 votes needed to move.lol

two-the majority of the fans that embraced the Raiders when they were in NFL were thugs,there were fights in the stands all the time including stabbings and shootings. Have you seen the movie STRAIGHT OUTTA COMPTON? if you have,you know what I mean then.

LA never embraced the Raiders.that stadium was half empty all the time even after they won the superbowl out there.:lol:

the NFL owners dont want that again. The LA fans to this day still give the Oakland fans a bad rap.when they were in Oakland,they were only known as the outlaws,they did not inspire gangs in oakland because of their silver and black colors.when they came to LA that DID happen though.they went from being known as outlaws to gangbangers.the NFL doesnt want that again.

Al Davis had power and influence in the league back then. Mark Davis does not have either. He is an idiot who only became rich because of his brilliant father.the owners want him to sell the team.:laugh:

yes the coliseum is run down and ratty that is why they need a new stadium.

yes the niners moved to santa clara and that has turned out to be a MAJOR mistake the NFL made in allowing that because if you go to one of their games,you'll notice that stadium is half empty all the time and that is because the passionate 49er fans they had,they are not driving outside the city to go see them play.

the horrible attendence they have for games now is NOT because of how terrible they are but because the 49er faithful feel betrayed that they left them for santa clara so most dumped their season tickets and i dont blame them.i would have done the same thing.:thup:

The NFL doesnt want to make the same mistake with the Raiders they made in letting the 49ers move to santa clara ESPECIALLY since they would be losing the bay area market with the niners gone now.the bay area is way too valuable for them to lose so only an idiot would think they are leaving when the NFL is all about the money.:biggrin:

The NFL figured that the 49er fans in SF would not mind the travel time of just driving an hour away to see their team. they guessed wrong though. they dont want to make that same mistake with the Raiders which is what would happen if they ever allowed them to move to LA again. the NFL would lose their credibility allowing a team to move back to another city TWICE.lol

Oh and forget about using the Rams as your rebutall bcause they have only moved back to LA ONCE and they will never leave again.:biggrin:

I know many 49er fans in SF personally that have dumped their tickets.

It has nothing to do with the poor play because when they were terrible they ALWAYS packed them in all the time in SF.

Yes you are correct the warriors ARE moving back to SF but the Raiders and A's are staying.

The warriors owner is going to find out after he moves them there though that he made a major mistake.same thing will happen there in SF that is happening in santa clara with the 49ers.there will be empty seats same as there are at games in santa clara.bank on that. SF fans dont have passion about basketball like the oakland fans do.

Last edited:
Vegas is the latest scuttlebutt from OakTown.

For the next 3 years they are stuck where they are for now though.

Raiders have made progress in Vegas, now owners want the facts

Okay NOW you are making sense because you said something factual for a change.Yes Vegas IS their latest scuttlebutt from Oaktown.Vegas is just as much of a hoax as Carson was for them.

I could not believe all the idiots around here back then who actually seriously thought carson for the chargers and raiders was actually real.:lmao::laugh:

ever run into rightwinger by chance? He is the biggest idiot troll you will find at USMB to roam the boards.He can NEVER admit when he has been proven wrong despite the facts.

This troll kept insisting that carson was real and that the raiders and chargers would be in carson and the rams would stay in st louis.:lmao:

and guess what? it gets even better.remember the part i just mentioned where he can NEVER admit when he has been proven wrong? He STILL goes around trolling saying the Rams are playing in st louis this year,that I am gullible believing what the media tells me on this. if that is not a troll,I dont know what is.
:haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::haha::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Davis has lost LA as leverage for a new stadium so this is like the 6th newest city in his desperate threat by him that will fail same as carson.:lmao::haha:

you are believing way too much in what the internet tells you,that is an old article that many of my newer articles and videos i have posted on this thread have debunked.you didnt even bother watching those two videos I spoke of earlier that debunk that article obviously.:biggrin:

But, anywhere else.. "It's a good chance they are moving, key sources says it's a fact that they are going to LV, blah blah blah."

"the Lott group are offering $300 million to owner Mark Davis for a 20% stake in the Raiders. A deal that would be a tough pill to swallow for the Davis family, but ultimately one that could save the Raiders in Oakland."

They won't swallow it.

They won't swallow it.

wrong dude.wow you are totally clueless on this issue and have done no research in this thing whatsoever.:lmao:
stick with your talking points on why the warriors will move.A subject you actually DO know what you are talking about on.:biggrin:

Anywhere the Raiders go they will be received warmly? seriously?

wow do you ever have a bad memory.:haha:

These are facts that you can look up yourself if you dont believe me.

The year the Raiders won the superbowl out there in LA,the very next season for their home opener,they only drew a small measly crowd of just over 44,000 for that game.The Oakland Raiders might have won a superbowl out there in LA,but nobody in LA cared obviously.:haha::lmao:

Guess what the Rams drew that same season for their home opener? over 65,000 in a standing room only game which was very impressive the fact they were playing in a baseball only stadium.

Plus their very first year when they were in LA,despite the fact that they had come off winning a superbowl previously the previous year their last year in oakland,for their very first game there,they only drew a small crowd of just over 42,000 for that game.:lmao:

Raider games in LA were filled with half empty stadiums all the time.Al Davis himself even hinted about five years later after he moved to LA that he wanted to go back to Oakland already later saying that he really missed the roar of the loud crowds they had in Oakland.

Oh and we have already discussed that LA would be their only option they would have since NFL rules PROHIBIT a team from moving from a huge market like oakland to a much smaller market like Vegas so we wont even go there on vegas.His lasted desperate attempt.lol

actually the owners WILL swallow the Ronnie Lott group behind the move to keep the Raiders in Oakland.What the NFL WONT swallow though is the Raiders leaving Oakland for another city.:D

Roger Goodell wants the Raiders to stay.He has come out and said-Oakland needs to do everything they can to keep the Raiders in Oakland,we want the Raiders to stay in Oakland. Guess what?

He never said that when st louis sportswriters asked him if the Rams would leave for LA. You could tell in his voice he was evading it not giving a straight answer because he just gave the standard line saying back then saying-we are doing everything we can to make sure teams stay in their home markets. hardly a ringing endorcement there.:D

Roger Goodel has a lot of power. He wanted the Rams in LA all along and the NFL was serious about having a team in LA and they always said it had to be the RIGHT team.Will the Raiders are hardly the right team,they are the worst team that could be in LA. the chargers would have a much better shot of joining the Rams rather than the raiders.:rofl:

Uh no it is NOT easier to move to Nevada.there are many more hurdles and obstacles a franchise has to clear to move to another city than it is to get a new stadium and stay in their current city.teams cannot just up and move in the middle of the night anymore like the colts did you know? lol

when you say mark davis has no reason to stay in oakland you are clueless to the fact that he HAS to get 24 of the 31 votes from the owners for approval to move same as Kroneke had to have to move to LA and the majority of the owners dont like the Davis family.:rofl:

that was WHY I always knew it was a no brainer the Rams would be in LA this year because the owners wanted an owner with deep pockets in LA to run and operate a franchise and Kroneke is the second richest owner in the league. By comparison to kronke,davis and spanos of the chargers are poor paupers,Kroneke makes more than BOTH of them combined.:biggrin:

you should watch this video here below.Remember when I said how the Raiders were never embraced well in LA? how even though they won the superbowl out there in LA,the very next year they only drew a small crowd of just over 44,000 for that game? Remember where I said Davis after being there for about 5 years realised that was the biggest mistake he ever made because he later said-I miss the loud roar of the crowds back in Oakland?

well this very informative video here backs everything up i been saying.there is an oakland raider fan here that talks about the one difference he noticed in games in oakland and in LA is that in LA,he had no problems at all getting tickets to games.:lol:

Meanwhile in Oakland,two years ago despite the fact the fact they had lost 13 games in a row till that point,they SOLD OUT a thursday night game against the chiefs in a drowning rainpour.The fans in fact never left their seats other than halftime to get refreshments.PLUS for the first time eve,they have a waiting list for season tickets in oakland.the NFL is not going to want to chance losing a passionate fanbase like that.

Oakland is their identity and people automatically around the country identify them with oakland same as they do the yankees and new york,they are the same,you cant have one without the other.davis found that out himself when he moved them to LA.

did you watch it? did you hear the part i mentioned where that oakland raider fan said that the one difference he noticed in going to games in oakland and in LA is that he had no problems getting tickets to games just as i said?:biggrin: so much for your THEORY that the Raiders will be received warmly ANYWHERE they go.:lmao:

Vegas would bomb same as LA did. Vegas has mostly transplants in that city,the raiders would have the same problem in vegas they had in LA where the visiting teams fans greatly outnumbered the raider fans.

the few raider fans that went to games in LA were mostly OAKLAND fans.many Oakland fans have said though that if the Raiders left them for LA AGAIN,that they would not go out there and support them as they did in the past though and I dont blame them.:clap2:

your playing in the big leagues now son. I just took you to school there. You arent going to do the same thing with me that these trolls did who came on my Rams thread two years ago did where they trolled it blatantly ignoring facts I posted that the Rams would be back in LA refusing to look at any of the facts i posted and when I proved them wrong after they insisted they were not coming back,they were too arrogant to admit that i proved what fools they were. you arent going to act childish like THEY did when I took them to school as well now are you?:biggrin:

as you can see from all their posts here,many people here did not believe me two years ago despite the facts i posted,that the rams were coming back to LA.Now all they do is insult me now because they are too arrogant to admit they were proven wrong.

WHY people here are so arrogant and incapable of admitting when they have been proven wrong is beyond me.they even LIE about it just as i said they would two years ago,saying they never said to me the rams were not coming back.:rolleyes:

expect Rams to be back in LA next year.

Last edited:
a couple more videos that put this to rest the Raiders are staying in Oakland. Larry Mcneil has been hired on by the Raiders to overseathis.who is Larry Mcneil you might ask? He is none other than the same person who was hired ob by the 49ers to get the new stadium in santa clara built. should have got someone else though since that stadium is a piece of crap dump. give me old candlestick park any day of the year.:up:

Mayor Libby Schaaf stops by Mornings on 2

IN all the propaganda pieces by the mainstream media that the Raiders are bolting to Vegas,they NEVER mention this lilttle fact about Ronnie Lotts MOU deal mentioned in this video to no surprise.:rolleyes:

Its funny how media keeps pushing this phony Vegas story! Vegas is ranked 42 and no financial guarantee! It's not happening because Ronnie Lott is in the picture to get something done in Oakland plus Roger Goodel is behind Lotts group to keep them in Oakland as well.:thup:

Last edited:
still even MORE facts that prove that vegas is as phony a story as much as carson was. the investor for the raiders going to vegas sheldon adleson has been alleged to be involved in money laundering AS WELL AS being fined 47 MILLION in the past for illegal operations. with all the blackeyes the NFL has on them right now,the last thing they are going to allow want and allow is to have an NFL owner involved in money laundering to be one of the new NFL owners.:D

sure the NFL is corrupt,but this would put the NFL out of existance for sure if they brought in an owner who has been alleged to be involved in money laundering and was fiend 47 MILLION dollars at point for illegal operations.Not the best way in the world to try and reform the image of the corrupt NFL.:D

Last edited:
still more pesky facts that shoot down the fairy tales of the main stream media that the raiders are leaving for vegas.lol

many people are overlooking WHO pays the billion dollar relocation fee? davis doenst have that kind of money.lol

The requirements for approval of a NFL G4 loan specifically states "The project must not involve any relocation of or change in an affected clubs 'home territory.' In other words that G4 loan can only be used to construct a stadium in Oakland. The other 100 million from the NFL loan also applies only to construction in Oakland. The remaining 200 million is subject to PSL's. In summary Davis had zero money of his own to contribute to a new stadium.

The NFL is gonna keep forcing MD's hand until he either capitulates and agrees to build in Oakland, or he cries poor and sells the team.

No one in MD's camp is telling him LV is the better deal. They're telling him the exact opposite. MD knows Oakland is the better deal, but he's gotta play this leverage game to extract the best deal possible from Oakland and the Lott group. By the end of this year, with Adelson demanding a quick vote from Nevada legislature, SD vote on new stadium in November, the fog will start to clear.

Vegas still has no land to build the stadium on they have a few locations but still have not bought any land which cost more $$$$$ and who pays?

I keep thinking Lott is just waiting til he's purchased the land(yes, still waiting on the land appraisal)before he makes any news public about his intentions for the Raiders. OR, is he waiting for the LV deal to officially die before said announcement? I know Lott's deal is a completely privately financed one(which I applaud), so he's under no obligation to publicly announce anything. I won't pretend to know anything about financing a stadium, so I'll trust that Lott's silence is by design and to the benefit of the process. The LV people have been flapping their gums for months, and the cracks in their plan are beginning to show. I think Lott has his eggs lined up, he's just picking his moment to pounce. Grubman is talking to Lott now, which I'm sure Lott is asking him, "so for sure the owners won't vote to pass LV move, right?"

I figure if Goodell was in favor of a LV move, he wouldn't say anything. Again, he speaks for the owners. He does and says what the owners tell him. I don't think the owners are opposed to a team in LV, or even the Raiders in LV. What they do oppose is a Mark Davis owned Raiders team in LV. Which goes back to my original theory that they are trying to force him to sell(Lott)the team, or at least part of it now, with the hope the new owners will eventually buy controlling interest. By NFL owners standards, MD is broke financially. There's a reason he's been holding his hand out for the last couple years. He may have found a sugar daddy in Adelson.

Great job zennie ... Jason la canfora was also on record saying the league wants the raiders in oakland ... They don't wanna lose a foot hold on the Bay Area considering the 9ers are an hour away from san fran

In other words Goodell is saying" Mark u ain't going no where! Me and the rest of the 31 owners don't give a shit how bad u wanna move! U have 2 choices Lloyd Christmas looking muther fucker, u either continue playing in that dump or sell the majority shares to a new investor who has deep pockets so we can get this stadium deal with Oakland settled!" Soon enough we are going to hear some kind of news how Mark is selling his share of the team or the majority of his team!!

Last edited:
No matter the argument that some continue to make on social media outlets, or the garbage that has been pedaled by the Nat'l media, LV was dead, is dead, and will continue to be dead for the Raiders and any other NFL franchise for that matter. No Special Session (of the NSL) is going to change that.

This Special Session will just prolong the obvious: that the NFL and its owners want a stadium solution in Oakland, and do not believe that the LV market is yet ready to support a NFL franchise over a prolonged period of time.

This has never been about the cost to construct a stadium, or whether one city can fleece their state for hundreds of millions of dollars, while the other city plans on utilizing private capital for their project. And to be quite frank, it isn’t about what Pauper Davis wants either. The NFL clearly believes that it knows what’s better for the Raiders franchise than Davis does.

This has always been about the market places themselves, and their abilities to provide long-term financial success for the franchise and the league itself. Even Jerry Jones (who many thought was “on board” with Las Vegas as a possible NFL destination) has recently voiced concerns with Las Vegas’ transient nature, and whether it has the ability to sustain a franchise long-term once the novelty wears off. The fact that Las Vegas is the 40th ranked market place in the country, has few Fortune 500 companies & corporate sponsors, has an average household median income of only $58,000.00 does not bode well at all for the league’s concerns about Las Vegas’ ability to produce long-term financial wealth for the league.

It is indeed Oakland vs. Las Vegas, and will be so in January 2017 (when the NFL owners will most-likely meet to take this issue under consideration). Las Vegas is going to lose out badly, no matter how many bribes were handed out by the Cryptkeeper (Sheldon Adelson), or how large the tax subsidy was that was fleeced from an disapproving public sector.
1 · 5 hrs

Seriously people, read this - been saying all along that it's not up what Davis says and Adelson wants...lots of factors. I mean, I want a Ferrari, the salesman at the local Ferrari dealership (I'm sure) wants to sell me one but my bank account, my wife, my bank/lender, my financial manager and momma won't let me! LOL

Las Vegas can do whatever they want to throw money at Davis. At the end of the day, that is not the real issue. No matter what Vegas casino crooks like Sheldon Adelson think, the ultimate question is as follows. Do the modern, corporate, billionaire NFL owners want a franchise partner in the gambling business, in a city known for morally questionable activities (gambling, prostitution), where pretty much anything goes. These owners are obsessed with the value of their NFL shield and my bet is that allowing Davis to move here is a much larger hurdle than naive and desperate Davis thinks it is. My bet is that the NFL owners do not want their young, rich players rolling into Vegas every weekend wandering the strip and various other venues in their free time. Nothing but bad can come from this situation. NFL security will constantly be under pressure to control an unmanageable situation. In addition, the Raider players will constantly be tempted by savory characters and situations that could lead to constant rumors about point shaving and extortion. That is not the front page story that makes the NFL brand stronger moving forward. At the same time, Oakland is in the hottest economic market in the country and the 49ers are trending down. The NFL owners will not be in favor of losing a storied NFL franchise (Oakland Raiders) in a major market in the country. Mark Davis does not represent current NFL ownership. They are corporate, fiscally sophisticated and insanely wealthy. Davis is a picture of the past. He is rough around the edges, unsophisticated, simple and broke. The NFL press conference last year, where the owners awarded the Rams first position in LA, was a great snapshot. The Rams ownership appeared to be corporate and well healed, adorned in expensive designer suits. Davis looked like he crawled out of a trailer and had on a pin stripe suit that he must have purchased from Eastmont Mall in 1975. Al Davis did not raise Mark in the NFL executive culture as Jerry Jones is doing with his sons in Dallas. Mark is an outsider with few friends and has no juice with the majority of the NFL executives. My bet is that like Major League baseball told Lew Wolff, they will vote no on a Raider request to move to Vegas for the good of shield. They will also tell Davis once again to stay in Oakland and make it happen.

It's not Oaklands/Alameda County's fault that Davis isn't rich enough to own a football team...sell it to a tech billionaire ownership group and they can easily build a new stadium. Look at what Stanford did with just a bunch of rich alumni.

Pair of county commissioners, uneasy about stadium plan, air their concerns

Last edited:

Forum List

Back