Losing a friendship over politics

I had a friend who is a democrat. This week I noticed she unfriended me from facebook. We have been friends for over 20 yrs. Like sisters for many years we raised each other kids but since she lives in another state we dont talk personally that much. Last year she met me in New Orleans for my 50th birthday. It was like old times. With no warning she unfriends me even blocked me on facebook. She also blocked my phone.. She never said why she never messaged me. SHe just did . I do post political stuff but so did she. We both said last year your not going to change my views I wont change yours and we did not even bring up politics on the trip. We never even talk on the phone that much and really havent since I moved from Texas but when we did move and I did call we would just start up where we left off. I am just upset she can just delete me out of her life over politics. I would never unfriend anyone because of their political views. I guess I dont need a friend like this if she is not even woman enough to contact me to tell me I was upsetting her. If I knew it upset her so much I would have just blocked her from my political post..

"With no warning she unfriends me even blocked me on facebook. She also blocked my phone.. She never said why she never messaged me. SHe just did ."

How do you know it was over politics?

I can't be friends with a political enemy . Heck a liberal political enemy would strip me of some of my RIGHTS if they were to get the chance . WHY be friends with a liberal political enemy because Enemies are what they are . I think that you are lucky LB65 .

I have friends who are Liberals, it's the Leftists that are the problem, the Leftists are who you mean, there's nothing Liberal about Leftists because they're anti-Liberal, look how intolerant they are.

The Leftists are the Progressives and they're Marxists and as such they are the enemy.

I had a friend who is a democrat. This week I noticed she unfriended me from facebook. We have been friends for over 20 yrs. Like sisters for many years we raised each other kids but since she lives in another state we dont talk personally that much. Last year she met me in New Orleans for my 50th birthday. It was like old times. With no warning she unfriends me even blocked me on facebook. She also blocked my phone.. She never said why she never messaged me. SHe just did . I do post political stuff but so did she. We both said last year your not going to change my views I wont change yours and we did not even bring up politics on the trip. We never even talk on the phone that much and really havent since I moved from Texas but when we did move and I did call we would just start up where we left off. I am just upset she can just delete me out of her life over politics. I would never unfriend anyone because of their political views. I guess I dont need a friend like this if she is not even woman enough to contact me to tell me I was upsetting her. If I knew it upset her so much I would have just blocked her from my political post..
To me, if these political issues meant that much to the person, they should have looked for a person who has the same views as them when choosing their friends...not to hurt your feelings of course. Can I ask what it is that got you and them together as friends in the first place?

God bless you always!!!

Holly
We had children the same age and back then we did not talk politics at all. Just recently we both got into politics and she went left I went right. When we met last year for my 50th birthday we both agreed no politics would be brought up. We both talk about politics on our facebook page but if she posted something I didnt agree with I would scroll past it and she did the same.. I know she is a big supporter to the BLM movement and I think ALL lives matter so maybe that is what got her upset..

"With no warning she unfriends me even blocked me on facebook. She also blocked my phone.. She never said why she never messaged me. SHe just did ."

What else could it be. I mean we have not talked on the phone in over a year. I know we are both on different sides of the political side . We talked on facebook up until last month the only other thing it could be is she a big supporter of BLM and I feel that ALL lives matter but I never said anything about her post that she supports them. That is her right..

I can't be friends with a political enemy . Heck a liberal political enemy would strip me of some of my RIGHTS if they were to get the chance . WHY be friends with a liberal political enemy because Enemies are what they are . I think that you are lucky LB65 .

I have friends who are Liberals, it's the Leftists that are the problem, the Leftists are who you mean, there's nothing Liberal about Leftists because they're anti-Liberal, look how intolerant they are.

The Leftists are the Progressives and they're Marxists and as such they are the enemy.
Wrong Sugar Shorts. We are the "opposition" you imbecile

Ravi

What else could it be. I mean we have not talked on the phone in over a year. I know we are both on different sides of the political side . We talked on facebook up until last month the only other thing it could be is she a big supporter of BLM and I feel that ALL lives matter but I never said anything about her post that she supports them. That is her right..
If it were my friend and I mean a real friend, I would reach out and find out what is going on because there could be other issues at hand. People sometimes act in a peculiar manner to ask for a helping hand. The worst that could happen is they reject me, not really a big deal the hurt already has been caused.

Wrong Sugar Shorts. We are the "opposition" you imbecile

Ravi
-------------------------------------------- LIBERAL , progressives , hilary , sanders are the ENEMY same as many on the board . Heck , for example , the enemy libs want to disarm Americans of eficient and effective Arms . Sounds like something only an enemy would want Dot.

you aren't aware that you're insulting and extreme? you need to be told?

I unfriend bigots, too. and I'm being generous right now in ignoring a lot of the political posts.

My friends on facebook are all adults, so this does not happen.

I do find it interesting that almost all who stayed in the same town are conservative and most who moved away are not, however. None are the extreme sort of pro-Islamist leftists like we see here, though. If any of them were to start filling up page after page of the sort of antisemitic, pro-Islamist crap people post here, I WOULD unfriend them.

I unfriend bigots, too. and I'm being generous right now in ignoring a lot of the political posts.
---------------------------------- and then after being told that you are being EXTREME and INSULTING just accept the charges and change your views , shut you mouth and be quiet as the ENEMY liberals push you around . Like i said in my first post in this thread , you are better off not being friends with ENEMY liberals LBears .

------------------------------------- hey Lucy , liberal 'democrats' have been going after guns for years in the USA . Thats just one example that makes 'LIBERAL' my ENEMIES .

------------------------------------ Hey Lucy , see the gobbledegook in this posted advice by Jillian just above . Jillian is telling LBear that she is stupid because LBear doesn't realize that she is being insulting and offensive . Jillians solution seems to be that LBears should just accept the judgement of those that think that she is insulting and offensive .

If it were my friend and I mean a real friend, I would reach out and find out what is going on because there could be other issues at hand. People sometimes act in a peculiar manner to ask for a helping hand. The worst that could happen is they reject me, not really a big deal the hurt already has been caused.
Believe me I have tried. I called her and she wont call back.. She blocked me on facebook. I emailed her.. She just deleted me out of her life.. So be it. If she was a true friend she would have enough balls to tell me what I did to piss her off

Believe me I have tried. I called her and she wont call back.. She blocked me on facebook. I emailed her.. She just deleted me out of her life.. So be it. If she was a true friend she would have enough balls to tell me what I did to piss her off
---------------------------------------thats the correct attitude , congratulations to you LBears . She would still be ok if you kiss her azz but what kinda friend is that LBears ??

Its just makes me sad that she can throw a 20 yr friendship over politics.
Sounds to me like you consider yourself completely innocent of damaging the relationship. But I've read plenty of your posts over the years. . . Jus' sayin'.

I don't think she even came close to remotely claiming "complete innocence." I'm not surprised you'd try to take a pot shot followed by another pot shot though.

Clinton wants to raise the minimum wage to help the middle class and the economy.

The GOP wants to lower MY taxes to zero. Oh wait, thanks to the GOP they're already zero. Zero personal taxes on $4.5M......Such a deal.

:lmao: You're a dipshit if you think that that helps the middle class. You know what would help the middle class? Not paying medical taxes on home sales? I mean, you have your head so far up your ass; that or you're just directly financially motivate to peddle this sh** like many are who come to message boards.

Here's some actual fact for you.

Q: Does the new health care law impose a 3.8 percent tax on profits from selling your home?

A: No, with very few exceptions. The first $250,000 in profit from the sale of a personal residence won’t be taxed, or the first $500,000 in the case of a married couple. The tax falls on relatively few — those with high incomes from other sources.

A 3.8 Percent “Sales Tax” on Your Home?

Why would someone want to be friends with you that votes against their (and every other middle class workers) best interest? You're the enemy.

Because Barry has been so good for the middle class....:cuckoo:

The GOP has blocked every effort to raise the minimum wage.

You stupid fuck....what does the minimum wage have to do with the middle class?
Other than if you raise it it screws em over since they now have to pay more for everyday products.
You have the mental acuity of a turnip....

How doesn't raising the minimum wage help the middle class?

If you haven't noticed, between 1970 and today prices have gone up much more than wages, so if you want to blame wages for price hikes you're sorrily mistaken.

As a middle class person, why would you join a political party/ideology that fights gains to your own best interest?

If wages would have kept up with prices would we have a 'BLM' today?

Why would someone want to be friends with you that votes against their (and every other middle class workers) best interest? You're the enemy.

Because Barry has been so good for the middle class....:cuckoo:

The GOP has blocked every effort to raise the minimum wage.

You stupid fuck....what does the minimum wage have to do with the middle class?
Other than if you raise it it screws em over since they now have to pay more for everyday products.
You have the mental acuity of a turnip....

How doesn't raising the minimum wage help the middle class?

If you haven't noticed, between 1970 and today prices have gone up much more than wages, so if you want to blame wages for price hikes you're sorrily mistaken.

The very idea that you think the middle class gets paid min wage tells me all I need to know about your intelligence.

You know................I have a solution for this.

Since you were friends, you obviously know their address. And, the reason that this is still bugging you is that you don't have any closure with it.

Solution?

Write a letter telling your friend how you feel about losing the friendship, ask what happened, and end the letter by telling them that if they don't want to contact you, you understand, and that the letter was your way of getting closure.

If there's still any friendship left in them, they will want closure as well and will contact you. If they don't, then they have no friendship left in them, and you have closure that way as well.

You know................I have a solution for this.

Since you were friends, you obviously know their address. And, the reason that this is still bugging you is that you don't have any closure with it.

Solution?

Write a letter telling your friend how you feel about losing the friendship, ask what happened, and end the letter by telling them that if they don't want to contact you, you understand, and that the letter was your way of getting closure.

If there's still any friendship left in them, they will want closure as well and will contact you. If they don't, then they have no friendship left in them, and you have closure that way as well.
------------------------------------- the above advice is just kissing azz . The liberal and you both know how to contact each other and the 'liberal' is not interested LBears .

Forum List

Back