Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to stop climate change.

View attachment 187129
LA paints its streets white to reduce effects of climate change | Daily Mail Online

"Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to beat sizzling summer heat as part of 20-year plan to combat the effects of climate change"

How long do you think that a street will remain white?
How much is it going to cost to paint all of their streets white?
Have they calculated what effect it will have on climate change?
Has liberal media called it racist yet?

Warmists here and elsewhere doesn't realize their claims that street painting it white to cool it down is a good for the climate, even painting house tops and other surface areas, when it is actually destroying a long running claim of theirs. I wonder when they are going to realize it.

It is really funny.
What is funny is how you are obviously so ill informed. Here are some experts on the subject;

Cooling a Hot Flat Roof

View attachment 187129
LA paints its streets white to reduce effects of climate change | Daily Mail Online

"Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to beat sizzling summer heat as part of 20-year plan to combat the effects of climate change"

Have you grown a second brain cell yet? Painting the streets white to increase reflectivity is no different than the reason that ice in the Arctic reflects more sunlight than does the dark ocean.

View attachment 187129

Have you grown a second brain cell yet? Painting the streets white to increase reflectivity is no different than the reason that ice in the Arctic reflects more sunlight than does the dark ocean.
So what about the dark colored vehicles driving on that white paint that will be gray with rubber residue in a month?

Once again we see a dead spot in the brains of the progressive: costs never matter to these people. It's an inability to think on the margin.

Fortunately most people are able to think on the margin which is why you will see very few streets painted white in American cities. Most politicians wouldn't dare even raise the subject.... they be run out of town on a rail ......would only happen in those few cities where are the majority of the constituents are far left goofballs.

View attachment 187129

So what about the dark colored vehicles driving on that white paint that will be gray with rubber residue in a month?

Lol.... he is talking about brain cells but he was the one who said that the 2016 election would be decided on the issue of climate change

:iyfyus.jpg::springbed::springbed::springbed::iyfyus.jpg:

White painted streets.... I'm still laughing my balls off. Very very very few people take this seriously yet progressives envision a future America with no black tops.... the level of silly has gotten to the point of prolific.

Let's compare:
$40,000 a mile to paint roads white, extending its life, lighting the night, making citizens safer, cool & comfortable, saving money & energy.
or
$36,000,000 a mile to build a $72 Billion border wall.

Let's compare, $40,000 a mile to save $100 on air conditioning
or build a $72 billion wall to save $100 billion annually.

And save a nation.... not too sure you can put a price on that.

Anybody who supports painting roads white to fight climate change is a mental case AND needs some real responsibilities in life
No one's "painting roads white to fight climate change".
I just thought I'd point that out for you.

View attachment 187129

I'm sure they are selling it to the mindless anti-science left-wingers as a fight against climate change.

Of course it won't do diddly jack about global climate change. Nothing.

That said, locally, it is theoretically possible that it may reduce heat that is in that immediate area. I think most people know that if you paint your house a light color, it will be cooler, than if you paint your house a dark color.

I'd like to see the data on this. I suppose in a highly congested metro area, that painting all the streets white, could reduce city heat.

But then I'd wonder if it wouldn't just reflect that heat onto the buildings.

I don't know. I'd need to see whatever scientific data they are using to make that claim.

As to whether or not it's worth it, depends on how much painting the streets costs, verses how much it reduces local temperatures. I can't see how it would be enough of a reduction to be worth the cost. But that's what you get when you are stupid enough to live in a tax-and-spend left-wing city.

In Texas they wouldn't do something as foolish as painting a street white to reflect sunlight and keep the city cooler, they'd pray to their flying magical grandpa in the sky instead.

Hey - my first post on this forum!

I don't know about a flying magical grandpa in the sky, but you're right about Texans not painting the streets white. The roads in Houston are mostly concrete and are already light colored.

View attachment 187129

$40,000 per mile! Only in Mexifornia.

Politicians in various red states have publicly prayed for rain, like doing a voodoo rain dance. And these neanderthals dare point a boney finger at someone else for doing something that is scientifically proven effective.

Too many bugwits still believe in magic while they trash and defile the very planet their 'god' said was his 'creation'.

The hypocrisy of the red state dingbats is epic. "You think using science helps you? Tut tut, I will just ask my invisible magical being to make the ground stop shaking and water to fall from the sky". The same thinking that made the Salem witch trials possible that resulted in the murder of innocent people.

Warmists here and elsewhere doesn't realize their claims that street painting it white to cool it down is a good for the climate, even painting house tops and other surface areas, when it is actually destroying a long running claim of theirs. I wonder when they are going to realize it.

It is really funny.
What is funny is how you are obviously so ill informed. Here are some experts on the subject;

Cooling a Hot Flat Roof

You still don't know what I am talking about.

Didn't dispute that white paint can reduce surface heat, that is not what I am talking about.

Do you even know what LONG RUNNING CLAIM that you warmists for years have disputed as being real or important is?

Politicians in various red states have publicly prayed for rain, like doing a voodoo rain dance. And these neanderthals dare point a boney finger at someone else for doing something that is scientifically proven effective.

Too many bugwits still believe in magic while they trash and defile the very planet their 'god' said was his 'creation'.

The hypocrisy of the red state dingbats is epic. "You think using science helps you? Tut tut, I will just ask my invisible magical being to make the ground stop shaking and water to fall from the sky". The same thinking that made the Salem witch trials possible that resulted in the murder of innocent people.

If it didn't cost $40K per mile...how many miles are they gonna whitewash....there would be fewer boney fingers.

Have you seen any cost/benefit analysis?

Or is cost no object?

If it didn't cost $40K per mile...how many miles are they gonna whitewash....there would be fewer boney fingers.

Have you seen any cost/benefit analysis?

Or is cost no object?

As far as I know, there is NO cost/benefit analysis. They are doing it to feel good about themselves despite the obvious problems they overlooked or don't know about.

View attachment 187129

Watts the Problem

Soon that will be the only thing White about the place.

Sureky to God this isn't true.
Right? This has to be a joke.
Can you imagine trying to see when the sun is glaring off of a gleaming white road???
And a white car??

Forum List

Back