The little Bats may have a chance against white-nose syndrome

RodISHI

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2008
Possibly some good news if they would quit spraying the skies with crap that causes continual overcast.

More at link: Invasive Species: Microbes - White-Nose Syndrome

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

Scientific name: Fungus, formerly known as Geomyces destructans is now known as Pseudogymnoascus destructans, or Pd. (Minnis and Lindner 2013)

Common name: White-Nose Syndrome (WNS)

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

• The Lethal Fungus Causing White-Nose Syndrome in Bats May Have an Achilles Heel (Jan 2, 2018)
    USDA. FS. Northern Research Station.
    The fungus behind white-nose syndrome, a disease that has devastated bat populations in North America, may have an Achilles' heel: UV light, according to a study conducted by the Forest Service and its partners.

"White-nose syndrome is the single biggest threat to many North American bat species and one of the most pressing conservation challenges facing America’s wildlife today. Investing in defeating WNS must be a priority, and the results from this study and contributing research give us hope that we can develop the tools to more effectively manage the fungus that causes the disease."

Pestilence is an end time prophesy. But the rate it is occurring is stunning. Some diseases easily transferred to humans, some that haven't...yet.
I have lived in the country all of my life. Way out in the country, and I may have to move. Last year the deer ticks moved in with a vengeance. And while Lyme Disease in bad. Powassan is deadly. And the dogs are covered with those little bast****s year round. Acres and acres of land to roam and the dogs live like city pets now. They go out to go the bathroom and right back in the house. It's sad.
But it is the raccoon roundworm that could land the death blow. This is corn country and we are over run with raccoons. Rabies is bad, but roundworm is deadly. And 50% of the raccoons in Ohio are infected. It can kill dogs and humans. The larvae eat your cerebellum and optic nerves. Nothing known to man can kill them.
Elk and deer have wasting away diseases and are actually being bled to death by the ticks. White Nose, distemper everywhere.
The list is endless all of a sudden.
The Bible is correct.

Last edited:
Great to hear. Who knows, if they find a cure for that, it might even lead to the cure for Trump supporters Brown Nose Syndrome.

Possibly some good news if they would quit spraying the skies with crap that causes continual overcast.

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

Scientific name: Fungus, formerly known as Geomyces destructans is now known as Pseudogymnoascus destructans, or Pd. (Minnis and Lindner 2013)

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

• The Lethal Fungus Causing White-Nose Syndrome in Bats May Have an Achilles Heel (Jan 2, 2018)
    The fungus behind white-nose syndrome, a disease that has devastated bat populations in North America, may have an Achilles' heel: UV light, according to a study conducted by the Forest Service and its partners.

"White-nose syndrome is the single biggest threat to many North American bat species and one of the most pressing conservation challenges facing America’s wildlife today. Investing in defeating WNS must be a priority, and the results from this study and contributing research give us hope that we can develop the tools to more effectively manage the fungus that causes the disease."
Hopefully the feds will jump on this and act. I live in the burbs, very close to the country and I used to have hundreds of bats flying during dusk. Not any more. I have not seen bats in two years or more.

Pestilence is an end time prophesy. But the rate it is occurring is stunning. Some easily transferred to humans, some that haven't...yet.
I have lived in the country all of my life. Way out in the country, and I may have to move. Last year the deer ticks moved in with a vengeance. And while Lyme Disease in bad. Powassan is deadly. And the dogs are covered with those little bast****s year round. Acres and acres of land to roam and the dogs live like city pets now. They go out to go the bathroom and right back in the house. It's sad.
But it is the raccoon roundworm that could land the death blow. This is corn country and we are over run with raccoons. Rabies is bad, but roundworm is deadly. And 50% of the raccoons in Ohio are infected. It can kill dogs and humans. The larvae eat your cerebellum and optic nerves. Nothing known to man can kill them.
Elk and deer have wasting away diseases and are actually being bled to death by the ticks. White Nose, distemper everywhere.
The list is endless all of a sudden.
The Bible is correct.
The more they screw with the natural altering it the more they unbalance the natural destroyers of pest.

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

Hopefully the feds will jump on this and act. I live in the burbs, very close to the country and I used to have hundreds of bats flying during dusk. Not any more. I have not seen bats in two years or more.
Under Trump it’s a bad bad time to be a species that’s in trouble

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

Don't you Trump trolls have anything better to do with your time than spew chit? Obama and the Democrats had 7+ years to start cleaning up crap but they didn't. Instead they help grow the beast and stayed busy trying to get everyone fighting about stupid chit.

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

Don't you Trump trolls have anything better to do with your time than spew chit? Obama and the Democrats had 7+ years to start cleaning up crap but they didn't. Instead they help grow the beast and stayed busy trying to get everyone fighting about stupid chit.
They did, indeed, clean up the absolute disaster left over by Dubya and the GOP, despite the GOP’s efforts. Trump has been hell bent on eliminating regulations and protections meant to protect the environment and species that live in it. So it is a terrible time to be a species that’s in trouble.

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

They did, indeed, clean up the absolute disaster left over by Dubya and the GOP, despite the GOP’s efforts. Trump has been hell bent on eliminating regulations and protections meant to protect the environment and species that live in it. So it is a terrible time to be a species that’s in trouble.
All your bitching and moaning and now you come up with more bullshit because after 7+ years they didn't do a damn thing other than create more shit that needs to be cleaned up. The only real species in trouble at this point in the game is your type pushing a line of crap instead of addressing the issues at hand.

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

All your bitching and moaning and now you come up with more bullshit because after 7+ years they didn't do a damn thing other than create more shit that needs to be cleaned up. The only real species in trouble at this point in the game is your type pushing a line of crap instead of addressing the issues at hand.
:cuckoo:

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

You bastards fought President Obama and the EPA on every attempt to clean the environment. You supported the use of pesticides, even when they were bad for children. You support the coal plants that spew lead and mercury into the air. The present head of the EPA has done everything possible to make the poisoning of our children legal.

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

You bastards fought President Obama and the EPA on every attempt to clean the environment. You supported the use of pesticides, even when they were bad for children. You support the coal plants that spew lead and mercury into the air. The present head of the EPA has done everything possible to make the poisoning of our children legal.
People started fighting obama’s EPA after seeing the stupid shit they were doing....

White-Nose Syndrome

spacer.gif

spacer.gif

Spotlights:

"The only real species in trouble at this point in the game is Humans."

There fixed that for you.

Forum List

Back