Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to stop climate change.

Liberals have become famous for promoting the stupidest ideas.....

Back in the 1970s in New York City these bozos so that the number of homeless killed in the subways had risen significantly. Their idea to reduce the deaths? Mandate subway speeds lowered from 70 miles per hour to 55 miles per hour. Liberals were taking bows at their brilliance.....

And what happened?

Well duh.... because the trains were slowed down many commuters took to taking their cars into New York City...
To decrease the time of their commute..... resulting in far greater death tolls on the highways just two years later.

This would be a surprise only to the mind of a progressive......

Or let's put it this way: name me a big city where this has already been done and it actually did everything claimed.
Why? What a dumb request. Hey....aren't you that guy that pretends to be an engineer? That makes your statement doubly bizarre.

Or let's put it this way: name me a big city where this has already been done and it actually did everything claimed.
Why? What a dumb request. Hey....aren't you that guy that pretends to be an engineer? That makes your statement doubly bizarre.

Sorry, no need to pretend to be an engineer. Are you? I'd be glad to test your knowledge anytime you want. For instance, someone bragging about the effectiveness of a street coating who then balks at the challenge of naming somewhere it has actually been used and proven to deliver on its promises! Proof once again that every time you hold a light up to the claims of a major libtard like you, your theories and claims all fall apart like gossamer---- just as do your attacks.

I just wonder what evidence LA had? If they are going to this extent without sound documentation for the efficacy of this crap coating, I think as a taxpayer I'd want to sue the city and get my money back. Politicians need to start being held accountable for both their lies and their actions. In another year, you will see this street coating idea is going to be a hugely unpopular disaster.

Maybe next they will eliminate all Left turns to minutely ease traffic congestion. And keeping those cars in motion rather than waiting to make a left turn will help fan the breeze stirring up that hot air, helping to further fight global warming by another 0.0003% :laughing0301:

View attachment 187129
LA paints its streets white to reduce effects of climate change | Daily Mail Online

"Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to beat sizzling summer heat as part of 20-year plan to combat the effects of climate change"

How long do you think that a street will remain white?
How much is it going to cost to paint all of their streets white?
Have they calculated what effect it will have on climate change?

Actually makes lots of sense not only for climate change but for any city that has really hot summers- rather than create a heat sink that retains heat, it will be cooler both in the day and night. It will reduce damage to tires, help keep down the temperature in the areas by the streets.

In hot climates, white roofs would help for the same reason.

Sorry, no need to pretend to be an engineer. Are you? I'd be glad to test your knowledge anytime you want. For instance, someone bragging about the effectiveness of a street coating who then balks at the challenge of naming somewhere it has actually been used and proven to deliver on its promises! Proof once again that every time you hold a light up to the claims of a major libtard like you, your theories and claims all fall apart like gossamer---- just as do your attacks.

I just wonder what evidence LA had? If they are going to this extent without sound documentation for the efficacy of this crap coating, I think as a taxpayer I'd want to sue the city and get my money back. Politicians need to start being held accountable for both their lies and their actions. In another year, you will see this street coating idea is going to be a hugely unpopular disaster.

Maybe next they will eliminate all Left turns to minutely ease traffic congestion. And keeping those cars in motion rather than waiting to make a left turn will help fan the breeze stirring up that hot air, helping to further fight global warming by another 0.0003% :laughing0301:
Hey crybaby...why are you whining to me to prove anything to you? You're just a kneejerk little that that thought he smelled something liberal and so threw his usual, embarrassing little fit.

View attachment 187129
LA paints its streets white to reduce effects of climate change | Daily Mail Online

"Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to beat sizzling summer heat as part of 20-year plan to combat the effects of climate change"

Actually makes lots of sense not only for climate change but for any city that has really hot summers- rather than create a heat sink that retains heat, it will be cooler both in the day and night. It will reduce damage to tires, help keep down the temperature in the areas by the streets.

Yikes..... another guy who doesn't realize that costs matter. To these people it's an automatic spend the money decision if the intentions sound good.

About 20 years ago a family of eight immigrants were all killed in a van that had broken down on the shoulder of the I-95 Corridor in New England. Hit by a semi..... within days liberals came up with the idea to spend billions to try and widen the shoulder of I-95. Of course the measure was struck down because of the cost....fucking duh... and more fodder that most people don't think like k00k liberals.

These people....far left guys.....don't even realize how fringe they're thinking is....these people would find a way to get kicked out of a group navel contemplation session

Using tax dollars to paint streets white... even most liberals or embarrassed to come into this thread and concur with the notion. But the k00k left.....:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Last edited:
Read up on it. It's a special sealant that can help keep the city cooler. It will even save money on A/C

name me a big city where this has already been done and it actually did everything claimed. Then give me a link to the data.
In other words, back up your claims with some EVIDENCE. Even whatever you claim YOU "read up on."

Why? What a dumb request! ...why are you whining to me to prove anything to you?

PROOF ONCE AGAIN that airhead liberals like "Fort Fun" are all bullshit talk. Here's a city poised to spend MILLIONS on a crazy idea and when challenged on the rationale, "Fun" thinks it a "dumb request" to even think twice about it! Just DO IT! I'm guessing maybe he lives in LA? Maybe he's the guy who sold them on this white crap? Poor Libs have nothing but talk and when you call them out on their crap, just like Hogg, they go after personal attacks to try to deflect from their own empty lies.

View attachment 187129

Yikes..... another guy who doesn't realize that costs matter. To these people it's an automatic spend the money decision if the intentions sound good.

Certainly I think that LA should have done a cost benefit analysis to analyze the cost and whether painting the streets would have the desired effect.

Is there any evidence that was not done?

Good for the contractor, bad for the taxpayers.....

"The sealcoat is reported to be costing the city roughly $40,000 per mile."

Meanwhile there was no study mentioned that suggests that it would make that much difference with that expensive material.

View attachment 187129

Certainly I think that LA should have done a cost benefit analysis to analyze the cost and whether painting the streets would have the desired effect.

BINGO!

View attachment 187129

BINGO!

Progs don't like to do math

View attachment 187129

That's racist.

day200.jpg

On the plus side, it will now be easier to see where people have shit on the street.

View attachment 187129

How are you going to measure the results?

L.A. Is Testing a Pavement Treatment That Can Drop Street Temperatures by 12 Degrees

In Los Angeles, temperatures that exceed 38 degrees Celsius (100 degrees Fahrenheit) during the summer are not uncommon. Dark pavement can contribute to these higher temperatures, but a new asphalt treatment could reportedly cut street temperatures by as many as 6.6 degrees Celsius (12 degrees Fahrenheit) after just one coat.

Black asphalt absorbs between 80 and 95 of sunlight, but the “cool pavement” treatment marketed by the California-based sealcoating firm GuardTop reflects it. This could have a big impact on street temperatures and make life more comfortable for people in urban environments.

After successful testing the treatment in parking lots, Los Angeles is ready to be the first major city to put it through its paces on a public road. Officials will monitor how residents react to the new pavement, as well as how long it takes for traffic conditions to soil the gray coloration of the coating.

As Alan Barreca, an environmental science professor at the University of California, Los Angeles, told AFP, “Lower temperatures — due to the pavement — mean less reliance on air conditioning. So, that means less greenhouse gases.

But there is also this report which says that such coatings may not be as effective
Not All Cool Pavements Are Created Equal | Berkeley Lab

Both are worth reading.

L.A. Is Testing a Pavement Treatment That Can Drop Street Temperatures by 12 Degrees

In Los Angeles, temperatures that exceed 38 degrees Celsius (100 degrees Fahrenheit) during the summer are not uncommon. Dark pavement can contribute to these higher temperatures, but a new asphalt treatment could reportedly cut street temperatures by as many as 6.6 degrees Celsius (12 degrees Fahrenheit) after just one coat.

Black asphalt absorbs between 80 and 95 of sunlight, but the “cool pavement” treatment marketed by the California-based sealcoating firm GuardTop reflects it. This could have a big impact on street temperatures and make life more comfortable for people in urban environments.

After successful testing the treatment in parking lots, Los Angeles is ready to be the first major city to put it through its paces on a public road. Officials will monitor how residents react to the new pavement, as well as how long it takes for traffic conditions to soil the gray coloration of the coating.

As Alan Barreca, an environmental science professor at the University of California, Los Angeles, told AFP, “Lower temperatures — due to the pavement — mean less reliance on air conditioning. So, that means less greenhouse gases.

But there is also this report which says that such coatings may not be as effective
Not All Cool Pavements Are Created Equal | Berkeley Lab

Both are worth reading.

How much glare is this crap going to cause?

I remember when they wasted over $34million dumping black balls into their main reservoir to slow evaporation. lol

Forum List

Back