Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to stop climate change.

When this reduces suffering from heat, vehicle heat damage, lowers cooling & lighting bills & extends life of streets & increases safety It would be hilarious if LA patents this idea so when Texans want to do it, they have to pay LA, CA. - LOL (Lots Of Loot)

Yeah, patent white paint.......moron.

When this reduces suffering from heat, vehicle heat damage, lowers cooling & lighting bills & extends life of streets & increases safety It would be hilarious if LA patents this idea so when Texans want to do it, they have to pay LA, CA. - LOL (Lots Of Loot)

White Asphalt Sealer for Cooler City you Moron. Here in Missouri streets are painted with Black Asphalt Sealer every 3 years. I bet Texas & Arizona does the same.

View attachment 187129
LA paints its streets white to reduce effects of climate change | Daily Mail Online

"Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to beat sizzling summer heat as part of 20-year plan to combat the effects of climate change"

How long do you think that a street will remain white?
How much is it going to cost to paint all of their streets white?
Have they calculated what effect it will have on climate change?

Why? I say just stick their heads in the sand, much cooler that way. Plus it would smell much better than where their heads are currently

White Asphalt Sealer for Cooler City you Moron. Here in Missouri streets are painted with Black Asphalt Sealer every 3 years. I bet Texas & Arizona does the same.

If you could patent overpriced, moronic ideas, you'd be a billionaire.......

I wonder how much toxic stuff was used in the manufacture of the paint and how much energy was used up in applying the stuff. Will the stuff end up in the ocean? Will drivers be affected by the glare of the road? It doesn't matter as long as they feel good about it.

When this reduces suffering from heat, vehicle heat damage, lowers cooling, lighting bills, extends life of streets & increases safety It would be hilarious if LA patents this idea so when Texans come begging to do it, they have to pay LA, CA. - LOL (Lots Of Loot)

All it can do is reduce SURFACE heat of the road, it can still warm up something else due to reflection onto buildings, cars and so on. The incoming energy level is still the same, just more spread out.

Since there was no reported research on this, you can not say for certain that it was worth the cost.

Link? Last I heard, they had a substancial surpluss.

The California Public Employees’ Retirement System currently has a $153 billion unfunded liability, with only 68 percent of the assets it should have, largely because of similar, past hubris about investment returns.

Borenstein: CalPERS about to bury taxpayers in more debt

And unlike southern red States, California doesn't take more than the citizens pay.

California doesn't take more than the citizens pay.

What does your nonsensical claim have to do with the $153 billion hole in their pension system?

California takes the responsible approach by not taking from us.

btw, California's financial problems stem from tax reduction, namely prop 13.
That can't be right...Paul Ryan told me that cutting taxes showers us all in wealth.

How could those California Lefties cock that up?

Ryan is a liar.

When this reduces suffering from heat, vehicle heat damage, lowers cooling, lighting bills, extends life of streets & increases safety It would be hilarious if LA patents this idea so when Texans come begging to do it, they have to pay LA, CA. - LOL (Lots Of Loot)

All it can do is reduce SURFACE heat of the road, it can still warm up something else due to reflection onto buildings, cars and so on. The incoming energy level is still the same, just more spread out.

Since there was no reported research on this, you can not say for certain that it was worth the cost.
There is research from Berkeley showing it works. I posted a link in this thread.

There is research from Berkeley showing it works. I posted a link in this thread.

Lol.....lets just paint the entire country white s0n. Why not? Why stop at roads? Buildings....bridges....mountains. I'm sure Berkely will step up, do the research and conclude it would be a huge benefit. Too.... we should make it mandatory for all cars to be painted white.... a no-brainer.

Go....go....go...:113::113::113:

Lol.....lets just paint the entire country white s0n. Why not? Why stop at roads? Buildings....bridges....mountains. I'm sure Berkely will step up, do the research and conclude it would be a huge benefit. Too.... we should make it mandatory for all cars to be painted white.... a no-brainer.

Go....go....go...:113::113::113:

Why paint cold cities white? Some of US have higher heating bills than A/C bills.

I already stated that it will reduce the surface heat on the road, but the reflection simply moves the energy to cars, trees, and so on.

so you think painting a road can be patented.

really..

I already stated that it will reduce the surface heat on the road, but the reflection simply moves the energy to cars, trees, and so on.
My house does not heat up when it snows outside. The weather person here almost always forecast much hotter weather than actual when the ground is snow covered. They usually forecast much cooler weather than actual when the ground is not snow covered.

Funny how they conveniently forget that the reflected energy has to go somewhere.

Funny how they conveniently forget that the reflected energy has to go somewhere.
Our scientific superiors.

The Land of Fruit and Nuts has little infrastructure left from the Republican days.

View attachment 187280

Think of how boring this forum would be without the Land of Fruit and Nuts.
I'm waiting for Black Lives Matter and the NAACP to respond to the city turning black streets to only white.
Are we implying that California is...........

RACIST?

:1peleas::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:
California is saying blacks are killing the planet, that is for sure.

The Land of Fruit and Nuts has little infrastructure left from the Republican days.

View attachment 187280

Think of how boring this forum would be without the Land of Fruit and Nuts.
I'm waiting for Black Lives Matter and the NAACP to respond to the city turning black streets to only white.
Are we implying that California is...........

RACIST?

:1peleas::abgg2q.jpg::abgg2q.jpg:
California is saying blacks are killing the planet, that is for sure.
Sometimes the Truth Hurts some people.

View attachment 187129
LA paints its streets white to reduce effects of climate change | Daily Mail Online

"Los Angeles paints its streets WHITE to beat sizzling summer heat as part of 20-year plan to combat the effects of climate change"

How long do you think that a street will remain white?
How much is it going to cost to paint all of their streets white?
Have they calculated what effect it will have on climate change?

Amazing how racist California is and they hide behind climate change to be that way!

Forum List

Back