"List greatest conservative accomplishments last 20 years": The answer he

American Liberals are just cowards, afraid to look at themselves, afraid to fail, afraid to even try.

It burns them to Hell when someone succeeds, they hate that worse than anything because it magnifies their failures.

Oh nonsense.

How so?

The modern American liberal lives in a country whose poor are among the 5% richest people on Earth. Our poor live better than Europe's middle class.

Yet, they do nothing but bitch about rich people's greed, about raising taxes on the rich, and about what the government should do to give people more entitlements. It's absolute envy based class warfare. American liberals are the rich yelling at the richer for being so rich. It's absurd.

Until a loony liberal forfeits all his money to the government and moves to a 3rd world country, they have no legitimacy when complaining about the rich.

Now you are just making things up. The EU has an economy that rivals ours. The middle class has an equivalent percapita income to ours. They also receive better benefits, time off and healthcare. It is the European Rich that lag behind the Americans

as Abe Lincoln might say, "It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak up and remove all doubt."

Mark Twain is the proper attribution. Still good though.

The EU has an economy that rivals ours.

But it's all taken away in taxes. The following creature comforts, American 'neccessities' and every day home appliances are oft missing from european homes:

Air Conditioner
Washing Machine and Dryer
Dish Washer
Multiple personal cars per household (most can't afford 1 due to licenses and fees being extreme)
Multiple Televisions with cable or satellite.

You can doubt it all you want, but it's true. I am poor, and while married and poor we still had everything there except the Cable/Satellite. We also had 1600 sq/ft of house with a yard, and that is also a rarity for the middle class in Europe in many places. Now mind you, it's improving and depends on your definition of "middle class" versus poor, but their quality of life is still much lower.

The economics may be strong... right up until the government steals their money.

Oh nonsense.

How so?

The modern American liberal lives in a country whose poor are among the 5% richest people on Earth. Our poor live better than Europe's middle class.

Yet, they do nothing but bitch about rich people's greed, about raising taxes on the rich, and about what the government should do to give people more entitlements. It's absolute envy based class warfare. American liberals are the rich yelling at the richer for being so rich. It's absurd.

Until a loony liberal forfeits all his money to the government and moves to a 3rd world country, they have no legitimacy when complaining about the rich.

Now you are just making things up. The EU has an economy that rivals ours. The middle class has an equivalent percapita income to ours. They also receive better benefits, time off and healthcare. It is the European Rich that lag behind the Americans

They aren't gonna have those benefits for long. I love your Governor. He's gonna get your state back to normal.

How so?

They aren't gonna have those benefits for long. I love your Governor. He's gonna get your state back to normal.

So far..so good

Been a long time since we had a Governor who was worth a shit

But it's all taken away in taxes. The following creature comforts, American 'neccessities' and every day home appliances are oft missing from european homes:

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer
Multiple personal cars per household (most can't afford 1 due to licenses and fees being extreme)

You can doubt it all you want, but it's true. I am poor, and while married and poor we still had everything there except the Cable/Satellite. We also had 1600 sq/ft of house with a yard, and that is also a rarity for the middle class in Europe in many places. Now mind you, it's improving and depends on your definition of "middle class" versus poor, but their quality of life is still much lower.

The economics may be strong... right up until the government steals their money.

Having recently come back from a week in Berlin I can say that Germany is a poor country by comparison to the U.S. Crushing tax and regulatory burdens mean there is little business formation and yes, things considered necessities here are definitely luxuries in Germany well beyond the means of most Germans.

Yes, the Conservatives have given us Keith Olbermann

They provide him with enough material to fill a one hour show five days a week

And we have demonstrated time and again, the right just plain lies. The right makes stuff up and that gives the left something to talk about. Right wing lunacy. Kill Grandma anyone?

If grandma needs an expensive medial procedure, and a board of gov't officials deems it too expensive for her age and that the money would be better spent on 20-something's treatment, doesn't that in fact give grandma the death sentence?

Rationing healthcare based on fairness, rather than simply who can afford it, will in fact lead to some folks dying because the gov't sees a more "fair" use of the money.

Oh yea, I love sticking it to another fucking dumbshit.

The death panels are the insurance companies who decides who gets to keep their coverage. How many stories have I posted where people died because the insurance companies denied them coverage when people became sick?

You think "pre-existing condition" is a "fast one"?

Say the father in a family of four gets cancer. Say his son had an allergy. The entire family could get dropped because the son had a "pre-existing condition". How do I know? Because that was one of the stories I posted before.

The healthcare bill protects us from that.

In fact, do a search on "health care bill summery" and read it from "reputable sources" if you don't want to slog through the entire bill. Don't just just slurp up that shit the right wing throws to it's lemmming base.

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer

Having recently come back from a week in Berlin I can say that Germany is a poor country by comparison to the U.S. Crushing tax and regulatory burdens mean there is little business formation and yes, things considered necessities here are definitely luxuries in Germany well beyond the means of most Germans.

Did you visit West Germany? Apparently not.

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer

Did you visit West Germany? Apparently not.

Sure. Right after my trip to North Vietnam.

You are a bonehead ignoramus of epic proportions. Even Chris must tug his forelock in deference to your status as King Knucklehead of USMB.

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer

The most clear memory I have of this disparity was about 9, 10 years ago there was a huge heatwave that went through Europe and killed about 20k across the continent. I was shocked that 92 degree weather could do such damage. In this country, you'd be shocked if 10 were killed. Then the story went on to explain how rare basic air conditioning is in Europe and it clicked as to why it was so deadly.

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer

Do those things really define "quality of life"?

What good is multiple televisions with cable if you don't have affordable healthcare?

Why do you need multiple cars if you don't have economic security?

One way of measuring quality of life gives the highest ratings to Ireland, Switzerland, Norway (the top 3) for 2005. U.S. is 13th. Another lists France, Australia, Switzerland as top 3 with US as 7th.

I think what you list addresses a more superficial "quality of life" - the aquisition of possessions as an indicator. I think that is something that is uniquely American.

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer

The most clear memory I have of this disparity was about 9, 10 years ago there was a huge heatwave that went through Europe and killed about 20k across the continent. I was shocked that 92 degree weather could do such damage. In this country, you'd be shocked if 10 were killed. Then the story went on to explain how rare basic air conditioning is in Europe and it clicked as to why it was so deadly.

I remember reading about that - but I think it's also important to remember that much of Europe is at a more northern latitude that seldom gets the extremes of heat many parts of the US do. AC is rare because it's rarely needed.

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer

On July 1 I was charging through Frankfurt Airport to catch a flight to Berlin. Weather outside was over 90. Inside was not much different because no AC. Several days later I was in the Deutsche Bank office on Unter den Linden in Berlin, which is sort of like 5th Ave in NYC. Again, no A/C. No water fountains in any of these places either.

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer

What good is multiple televisions with cable if you don't have affordable healthcare?

One way of measuring quality of life gives the highest ratings to Ireland, Switzerland, Norway (the top 3) for 2005. U.S. is 13th. Another lists France, Australia, Switzerland as top 3 with US as 7th.

I think what you list addresses a more superficial "quality of life" - the aquisition of possessions as an indicator. I think that is something that is uniquely American.

It all depends on what makes your standard of living

If you work 60 hours a week and get 2 weeks vacation a year and have a 50 in HDTV are you better off than someone who works 35 hrs a week and gets 6 weeks vacation and has a 19in TV?

If more people are in jail than in any time in our history, thank the liberal legislatures that put them there.

I think liberals are those of the goody two shoes variety, minding everyone else's business but their own. They have no issue creating laws based on their opinion against others. Today's liberal are actually nuclear conservatives, and have become the monster they hate with such passion.

78% control of the House, and over 70% control of the Senate where all of our legislature comes from since WWII. Never mind state or local governments. One giant Democrat monopoly on government by Democrats, but it must be Bush's fault again.

Can someone show me where Democrats opposed Bush besides Terry Schiavo and SCHIPs? It never happened.

Last edited:

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer

They don't have affordable healthcare. It's bankrupting their countries. Britain just announced they will be privatizing parts of or all of the National Health Service. So much for that myth.

Economic security??? Iceland, Spain, Portugal, Greece, Germany, Ireland, France. What fucking economic security is there? The euro is about to collapse without us printing money to bail them out which we have been doing.

These items represent freedom and economy and efficiency that comes from an affluence they don't have. Think of the time and money saved by allowing someone the freedom to do their own laundry at home. The safety to the lives of their family by just having an AC when it's hot. The freedom to get errands done efficiently by having a car that can haul basic cargo.

What good is national health care if you spend your time waiting in the queue for the bus and are unable to buy a weeks worth of groceries in one trip because you cannot carry it all back to your little un air-conditioned flat and dinky college dorm room refrigerator that can't store it all anyway. Now you have multiplied your market errands by 2-7 times. This is a cultural engineering issue. You want state control, we want individual freedom.

That is why the two sides cannot be resolved and one must win over the other.

BTW, smug superiority complexes never improved anyone's life.

Last edited:

On July 1 I was charging through Frankfurt Airport to catch a flight to Berlin. Weather outside was over 90. Inside was not much different because no AC. Several days later I was in the Deutsche Bank office on Unter den Linden in Berlin, which is sort of like 5th Ave in NYC. Again, no A/C. No water fountains in any of these places either.
no wonder they died like smuggled mexicans in a coyote semi trailer left in the desert.

Air Conditioner
Dish Washer

It all depends on what makes your standard of living

If you work 60 hours a week and get 2 weeks vacation a year and have a 50 in HDTV are you better off than someone who works 35 hrs a week and gets 6 weeks vacation and has a 19in TV?
If you're averse to achievement and success, I suggest emigrating to France. They won't let you work more than 35 hours a week. Of course your pay WILL be reduced. I used to have a job that worked me 60 hours a week, 6 days a week. Know what I did? Quit it for a job that works 38 hours a week for more money with all weekends off.

I call that smart thinking.

Who backed Obama in the last election? The young and blacks got him elected. 58% of all whites over age 30 voted for McCain. Isn't it funny, that those who voted for Obama, are now the biggest victims of Obama???

Change you can believe in. Did someone say it couldn't get any worse? Hold your breath, stimulus impact saving our people in government about to expire. Do not expect any hack Democrat salary or benefit adjustments, just elimination of the little people in government, teachers, cops and firefighters. Democrats already cut social services for the helpless in our societies.

The Democrats, Party of the People. I'd like to meet these people. Oh, can't enter the rich Democrat world, no connections................

Forum List

Back