Like vs Agree

I sense we have gone into a stall since the change...or maybe it's just depression.

Indeed. The change has rewarded newer members and those with low posts counts while punishing those who have been with the board a long time (especially before rep and thanks even existed).

It would be nice to be shown a little appreciating for Loyalty and contributing Content...for what is a message board without Members and Threads and Posts?
like i have said.....there are a few posters in the "points" leaders column with 1 or 2 posts who have 150 plus points...i have been stuck on 88 since this thing began....

That's how Trophy points can be gamed by new members. Spread around a bunch of likes and agrees while making a few bland posts.

Many of us wondered about the enormous rep of a certain member who posted very little - he repped other people like crazy who then returned courtesy rep.

Different board - same games.
there are 3 posters there with 1 post and 150 points......with not to many likes and agrees....

WTF????

Greetings

I think you have to post a lot to get trophies. Or like a lot. Or get likes. Or agrees. Or give agrees. Not really sure. It's just empty pixels to me. However, I can see where some would want certain things to feel comfortable. Like Pixie's animated avie. That is what made Pixie so...Pixie-fied, lol. I say let her have it. Take some of my stuff and apply it to hers. Doesn't hurt to try to make someone happy with a little animated avie.
then explain how some of the people who used to get negged a lot have more points than some of the people who used to get lots of rep?....we have basically the same people here saying the same shit to each other....i think the point thing aint working for everyone ......but no admin seems to know anything about how this board works.....

IMO, we used to have Reputation that was based on feedback from other members. Now we have this mysterious (and I suspect highly political) Trophy system that the USMB Hegemony can use to reward cronies. It's rather medieval.

I sense we have gone into a stall since the change...or maybe it's just depression.

Indeed. The change has rewarded newer members and those with low posts counts while punishing those who have been with the board a long time (especially before rep and thanks even existed).

It would be nice to be shown a little appreciating for Loyalty and contributing Content...for what is a message board without Members and Threads and Posts?
like i have said.....there are a few posters in the "points" leaders column with 1 or 2 posts who have 150 plus points...i have been stuck on 88 since this thing began....

That's how Trophy points can be gamed by new members. Spread around a bunch of likes and agrees while making a few bland posts.

Many of us wondered about the enormous rep of a certain member who posted very little - he repped other people like crazy who then returned courtesy rep.

there are 3 posters there with 1 post and 150 points......with not to many likes and agrees....

I figured it out.

Noobies who start intro threads and then get Welcome Likes all of a sudden rack up the huge Positive to Post ratio Trophy points, something which older members will never achieve due to having lots of posts before the system started.

Well...that is screwed up. Noobs, that make ONE post most of the time and then bail. I think long time members need to be granted HUGE trophy points just cuz they made the board.

WTF????

Greetings
did i tell ya?.......

They should really bring back a way to send a message when you 'like' a post. Totally miss that. :(
Same here. It depersonalized the main reasons I liked being a part of this community. It has lost that personal touch. I miss my buds.

^ THIS!!! Times a thousand!

@cereal_killer -- anything at all you can do about sending a message along with a like?

Cmon ladies----put the big girl panties on and just PM those that you would like to be "personal" with. :biggrin:
Oh, I have. It just isn't the same though. But...better than no Conversation option. :thup: In the past, there was a reason to stay connected and it promoted friendships, albeit, cyber. For me, it was a morning huddle, or sweet squeeze, as I have to enjoy fast as I must get ready for work. I liked that. I connected to some very nice and good-natured people from all political spectrums. :thup:

I like the perks on this board. And I LOVE the Alert button. And how fast this place runs now. But..it seems colder for some reason.

I figured it out.

Noobies who start intro threads and then get Welcome Likes all of a sudden rack up the huge Positive to Post ratio Trophy points, something which older members will never achieve due to having lots of posts before the system started.
that still doesnt explain how some of the people who attracted lots of neg reps and very few likes have more points than many of the posters who used to get lots of rep and thanks.....we still have basically the same people here....

I like the perks on this board. And I LOVE the Alert button. And how fast this place runs now. But..it seems colder for some reason.

I think we are all missing the comments in the old rep system. I had many fun conversations that started with a Pos Rep - and even some funny ones over Negs. Now the board just keeps score.

As I said, it's a mysterious medieval "feudal court" system.

I figured it out.

that still doesnt explain how some of the people who attracted lots of neg reps and very few likes have more points than many of the posters who used to get lots of rep and thanks.....we still have basically the same people here....

here is the trophy scoring....

First Message
    Post a message somewhere on the site to receive this.

2. 2
    Somebody Likes You
    Somebody out there likes your posts. Keep posting like that for more!

3. 2
    Happy Birthday!!!
    The staff and owners of USMB would like to wish you a very happy birthday!! Have a great day!!

4. 5
    Keeps Coming Back
    30 messages posted. You must like it here!

5. 10
    Can't Stop!
    You've posted 100 messages. I hope this took you more than a day!

6. 12
    I Like It a Lot
    Your messages have been liked 50 times.

7. 15
    Seriously Likeable!
    Content you have posted has attracted 200 likes.

8. 15
    You're a Rockstar!
    You have a Post to Like ratio of 10%

9. 15
    Look at You
    You have recieved 2000 Likes!

10. 20
    USMB Addicted
    1,000 messages? Impressive!

11. 20
    Getting Noticed
    You've received 3000 ratings on your posts! Keep up the great work!

12. 25
    Can't Get Enough of Your Stuff
    Your content has been liked 500 times.

13. 25
    Hey Sexy!
    You know have 220 Trophy points! Looking good!

14. 30
    Beast Mode
    Congratulations! You now have 100 Trophy Points!

15. 30
    Hi Beautiful
    Hi beautiful, you just hit 300 Trophy points. Congratulations!

16. 30
    Stud
    You just reached 300 Trophy points Stud. Congratulations!

17. 35
    I LOVE IT!
    Content you have posted has attracted 600 likes.

18. 40
    Wow!
    Your post to like ratio is a whopping 40%!! You are in rare company!

19. 40
    Ninja Status
    With 8,000 likes you have reached Ninja Status! Keep it going!

20. 60
    Presidential Award
    You've been awarded the Presidential Award for excellence and 12,000 Likes!

21. 100
    The Key to the City
    With a post to like ratio at 50% you just received the Key to the City. Congratulations!

Forum List

Back