Like vs Agree

I'd like to see the animated Avs for paying members.

The trophy system should be updated to reward for longevity and posting contribution. As of now, the highest point trophies are unobtainable by long term posters who have added a lot of content to the board due to the "ratio" of pos to posts.

I'd also like to see amnesty for banned members who had good reputation scores....I think many of us miss their posts

Is Pixie a paying member? If not..I would donate my animated avie ability, which I will never use, to her account so SHE can have hers animated.

No need for amnesty for banned members. They are already here with new nics. Just ask Ashtrashy.

And giving trophies to old guard members I have no problem with. But if it would make those MIA return (the ones that left voluntarily), then go for it. IF admin would do it.

I agree with this ^...but what kind of reward???
I'd like to see Pixie's avie animated again. Hell, I would give up something of mine that I don't use...like extra storage space, etc. for her to be able to have it animated. I miss her.

I have noticed quite a few MIA. Some...I don't care to ever see again. Some I miss their presence.
I hope she comes back, too.

What I'd like to know is, what is the difference between Likes and Ratings. Why are Ratings always higher than Like. What determines those two values. I have asked two posters and one in Red, and no one can explain. :dunno: I love to figure things out, so I understand them. :confused:

I think 'likes received' correlates to 'rep' on the old system; 'ratings' are one's original 'rep' plus 'likes' received on the new system.
CK did say Likes correlate to "thanks" from the old board. He didn't know how ratings were calculated, saying only that the software system does this automatically. :dunno:

Thanks ZB. Wish I could rep ya....:lol:

They should really bring back a way to send a message when you 'like' a post. Totally miss that. :(
Same here. It depersonalized the main reasons I liked being a part of this community. It has lost that personal touch. I miss my buds.

^ THIS!!! Times a thousand!

@cereal_killer -- anything at all you can do about sending a message along with a like?

What's the difference?

I want a "fuck off and die" button.

51ixaqIZ01L._AA115_.gif

They should really bring back a way to send a message when you 'like' a post. Totally miss that. :(
Same here. It depersonalized the main reasons I liked being a part of this community. It has lost that personal touch. I miss my buds.

^ THIS!!! Times a thousand!

@cereal_killer -- anything at all you can do about sending a message along with a like?

Cmon ladies----put the big girl panties on and just PM those that you would like to be "personal" with. :biggrin:

I sense we have gone into a stall since the change...or maybe it's just depression.

Indeed. The change has rewarded newer members and those with low posts counts while punishing those who have been with the board a long time (especially before rep and thanks even existed).

It would be nice to be shown a little appreciating for Loyalty and contributing Content...for what is a message board without Members and Threads and Posts?
like i have said.....there are a few posters in the "points" leaders column with 1 or 2 posts who have 150 plus points...i have been stuck on 88 since this thing began....

I agree with this ^...but what kind of reward???
I'd like to see Pixie's avie animated again. Hell, I would give up something of mine that I don't use...like extra storage space, etc. for her to be able to have it animated. I miss her.

I have noticed quite a few MIA. Some...I don't care to ever see again. Some I miss their presence.
I hope she comes back, too.

What I'd like to know is, what is the difference between Likes and Ratings. Why are Ratings always higher than Like. What determines those two values. I have asked two posters and one in Red, and no one can explain. :dunno: I love to figure things out, so I understand them. :confused:
i asked an administrator i have never heard of and said he really doesnt know how this board works.....so who does?.....

I sense we have gone into a stall since the change...or maybe it's just depression.

Indeed. The change has rewarded newer members and those with low posts counts while punishing those who have been with the board a long time (especially before rep and thanks even existed).

It would be nice to be shown a little appreciating for Loyalty and contributing Content...for what is a message board without Members and Threads and Posts?
like i have said.....there are a few posters in the "points" leaders column with 1 or 2 posts who have 150 plus points...i have been stuck on 88 since this thing began....

That's how Trophy points can be gamed by new members. Spread around a bunch of likes and agrees while making a few bland posts.

Many of us wondered about the enormous rep of a certain member who posted very little - he repped other people like crazy who then returned courtesy rep.

Different board - same games.

I think you have to post a lot to get trophies. Or like a lot. Or get likes. Or agrees. Or give agrees. Not really sure. It's just empty pixels to me. However, I can see where some would want certain things to feel comfortable. Like Pixie's animated avie. That is what made Pixie so...Pixie-fied, lol. I say let her have it. Take some of my stuff and apply it to hers. Doesn't hurt to try to make someone happy with a little animated avie.

That's how Trophy points can be gamed by new members. Spread around a bunch of likes and agrees while making a few bland posts.

Many of us wondered about the enormous rep of a certain member who posted very little - he repped other people like crazy who then returned courtesy rep.

I love it. I don't care exactly the same amount.

there are 3 posters there with 1 post and 150 points......with not to many likes and agrees....

I think you have to post a lot to get trophies. Or like a lot. Or get likes. Or agrees. Or give agrees. Not really sure. It's just empty pixels to me. However, I can see where some would want certain things to feel comfortable. Like Pixie's animated avie. That is what made Pixie so...Pixie-fied, lol. I say let her have it. Take some of my stuff and apply it to hers. Doesn't hurt to try to make someone happy with a little animated avie.
I stumbled across the rules for trophy points but be damned if I can recall where.. Call up your personal stuff..I think it might be there.

I'm going to check that out. BRB

then explain how some of the people who used to get negged a lot have more points than some of the people who used to get lots of rep?....we have basically the same people here saying the same shit to each other....i think the point thing aint working for everyone ......but no admin seems to know anything about how this board works.....

Forum List

Back