Lets help the Chamber of Commerce

What accusation would that be?

Do you ever pay attention to the news?

The Obamanoids have accused the Chamber of Commerce of using foreign money for political donations. They have not offered a shred of evidence. Even CBS is not buying this nonsense"

By Sunday, the president was backing off the charge, and David Axelrod was asked about it by a skeptical Bob Schieffer on “Face the Nation.”

“They do spend heavily on politics,” Schieffer said of the chamber. “But this part about foreign money. That appears to be peanuts, Mr. Axelrod. I mean, do you have any evidence that it’s anything other than peanuts?”

Axelrod was defiant, suggesting the chamber is lying and the New York Times report was inaccurate.

“Well, do you have any evidence that it’s not, Bob? The fact is that the chamber has asserted that, but they won’t release any information about where their campaign money is coming from, and that’s the core of the problem, here,” Axelrod said.

Schieffer closed with a devastating question for the Democratic strategy guru.

“I guess I would put it this way. If the only charge Democrats can make three weeks into the election is that somehow this may or may not be foreign money coming into the campaign, is that the best you can do?”

Schieffer on Axelrod’s Chamber Attacks: Is that the best you can do? | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

Nor is the New York Times buying it:

In two campaign stops Thursday, Mr. Obama invoked what he portrayed as a specific new example, citing a blog posting from a liberal advocacy group as he teed off on a longtime adversary, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, over its political spending.

“Just this week, we learned that one of the largest groups paying for these ads regularly takes in money from foreign corporations,” Mr. Obama said. “So groups that receive foreign money are spending huge sums to influence American elections.”

But a closer examination shows that there is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual, according to both liberal and conservative election-law lawyers and campaign finance documents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/us/politics/09donate.html?_r=1&ref=eric_lichtblau

So Scheiffer says "it's peanuts" and that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections? Um what?

The NY Times says from your quote "there is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual". And that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections?

Can you explain how either of those statements prove that no foreign money is used in elections? I'm curious to hear it.

Why on earth should they have to prove that are'nt doing anything wrong?

Prove your accusation or SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Pay attention in class .... you claim to be "close captioned".... read it out loud, that might help :eusa_eh:

Last edited:
They can't because for decades CON$ have said if any Federal money is given to Planned Parenthood then taxpayer money is supporting abortion therefore by that exact same rationalization, any foreign money given to the C of C is supporting their election ads.

Ed, the federal government is not paying for these ads. It is not the exact same thing at all. Planned Parenthood is clearly government supported and in the abortion business. The Chamber of Commerce is supporting businesses across the US. Part of that is for lobbying efforts, but they have many other programs.

You would have a leg to stand on, but your politicans have granted accounting practices which allow funds to be segregated. The CoC does that, and so is protected. Also, thanks for the contribution changes which will allow them to pump HUGE amounts of cash into these ads.

*Newsflash*​

The Infidel listened to the Glenn Beck radio show today!

Yes, indeed I did, and I have to admit.... he convinced me to make a small donation to The Chamber of Commerce :eek:

He controled my weak little mind!!!!! :cuckoo:

Well actually, I just agreed that since Barak Hussein Obama hates the CoC so much... I thought I might help an enemy of an enemy.....
The Chamber of Commerce, whether you like them or not, does help small buisinesses, and thats what drives the American econmy.... is small buisiness.
Its obvious to all free thinking Americans, and many outsiders, that Obama is doing all he can to hurt our economy so it can be rebuilt in a manner the left sees fit. Which is redistributing the wealth throughout America.
That just is'nt what the framers of this great country had in mind.

So anyways.... I just wanted to put it out there, and leave a link to their website and if you decide to help them out, great. If not, thats cool too....

https://www.uschambersmallbusinessnation.com/join-us/make-a-donation

While you are listening to Glenn Beck.....Don't forget

Buy GOLD

I always find it sad when people vote against their own self-interest.

why you'd give money to a group that uses foreign money to support policies that outsource american jobs and drive down the wages of american workers is beyond me.

but whatever floats your boat.

what a vile decision Citizens United is...

i'm sure the rodeo clown approves.

You missed my point all together, so Im not going to argue with you about it....

I was just making a point, thats all....

I want Obama to see that he is not speaking for me, and there are alot of us out here who want him to hear us for a "change" (pun intended).

Plus, why is he a rodeo clown?

He's funny at times, but a rodeo clown?

Those guys are tough, Glenn is a softie :lol:

*Newsflash*​

The Infidel listened to the Glenn Beck radio show today!

Yes, indeed I did, and I have to admit.... he convinced me to make a small donation to The Chamber of Commerce :eek:

He controled my weak little mind!!!!! :cuckoo:

Well actually, I just agreed that since Barak Hussein Obama hates the CoC so much... I thought I might help an enemy of an enemy.....
The Chamber of Commerce, whether you like them or not, does help small buisinesses, and thats what drives the American econmy.... is small buisiness.
Its obvious to all free thinking Americans, and many outsiders, that Obama is doing all he can to hurt our economy so it can be rebuilt in a manner the left sees fit. Which is redistributing the wealth throughout America.
That just is'nt what the framers of this great country had in mind.

So anyways.... I just wanted to put it out there, and leave a link to their website and if you decide to help them out, great. If not, thats cool too....

https://www.uschambersmallbusinessnation.com/join-us/make-a-donation

While you are listening to Glenn Beck.....Don't forget

Buy GOLD

Glenn told me that its not for everybody, so I listened :tongue:

I wear a nice necklace though :lol:

The Obamanoids have accused the Chamber of Commerce of using foreign money for political donations. They have not offered a shred of evidence. Even CBS is not buying this nonsense"

By Sunday, the president was backing off the charge, and David Axelrod was asked about it by a skeptical Bob Schieffer on “Face the Nation.”

“They do spend heavily on politics,” Schieffer said of the chamber. “But this part about foreign money. That appears to be peanuts, Mr. Axelrod. I mean, do you have any evidence that it’s anything other than peanuts?”

Axelrod was defiant, suggesting the chamber is lying and the New York Times report was inaccurate.

“Well, do you have any evidence that it’s not, Bob? The fact is that the chamber has asserted that, but they won’t release any information about where their campaign money is coming from, and that’s the core of the problem, here,” Axelrod said.

“I guess I would put it this way. If the only charge Democrats can make three weeks into the election is that somehow this may or may not be foreign money coming into the campaign, is that the best you can do?”

Schieffer on Axelrod’s Chamber Attacks: Is that the best you can do? | The Daily Caller - Breaking News, Opinion, Research, and Entertainment

In two campaign stops Thursday, Mr. Obama invoked what he portrayed as a specific new example, citing a blog posting from a liberal advocacy group as he teed off on a longtime adversary, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, over its political spending.

“Just this week, we learned that one of the largest groups paying for these ads regularly takes in money from foreign corporations,” Mr. Obama said. “So groups that receive foreign money are spending huge sums to influence American elections.”

But a closer examination shows that there is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual, according to both liberal and conservative election-law lawyers and campaign finance documents.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/10/09/us/politics/09donate.html?_r=1&ref=eric_lichtblau

So Scheiffer says "it's peanuts" and that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections? Um what?

The NY Times says from your quote "there is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual". And that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections?

Can you explain how either of those statements prove that no foreign money is used in elections? I'm curious to hear it.

Pay attention in class .... you claim to be "close captioned".... read it out loud, that might help :eusa_eh:
Again, according to the rationalization CON$ have used for decades to demand defunding Planned Parenthood, the C of C is using foreign money to funs election ads.

Please explain the difference other than the obvious that the C of C is right wing and PP is left.

Defund Planned Parenthood

That's what I call subsidizing the abortion industry. While, technically speaking, no U.S. taxpayer dollars are specifically allocated for abortions, Planned Parenthood performed some 1.4 million of them in that same time period.

But as Hollowell points out, it really is a distinction without a difference.

"Would the U.S. government have financed the 'good works' (education, building bridges, etc.) of the Nazi regime – so long as the Nazis promised not to use the funds for purposes of destroying human life in its concentration camps?" she asks. "Common sense dictates the answer – 'NO!' I mean even if the Nazis did not use the tax dollars directly for an evil like genocide, such funding would free up their other finances, allowing them to invest in their openly evil agenda. Likewise, we should not support Planned Parenthood with our tax dollars."

It's a big shell game. Money is fungible. When Planned Parenthood can spend your money on maintaining its image as a "charity," it is free to spend other funds on killing babies.

Because they put foreign money into the same account that they pay use to pay for advertising. That is a fact that cannot be disputed. So they have to prove that foreign companies that want to outsource American jobs arent influencing our elections with their money.

Read it out loud...that might help

What accusation would that be?

They collect $100,000 per year in foreign dues, which is segregated from their political activities.

And it is not up the Chamber to prove it's innocence, unless you are a neo-McCarthyite.

They can't because for decades CON$ have said if any Federal money is given to Planned Parenthood then taxpayer money is supporting abortion therefore by that exact same rationalization, any foreign money given to the C of C is supporting their election ads.

Ed, the federal government is not paying for these ads. It is not the exact same thing at all. Planned Parenthood is clearly government supported and in the abortion business. The Chamber of Commerce is supporting businesses across the US. Part of that is for lobbying efforts, but they have many other programs.

You would have a leg to stand on, but your politicans have granted accounting practices which allow funds to be segregated. The CoC does that, and so is protected. Also, thanks for the contribution changes which will allow them to pump HUGE amounts of cash into these ads.
Thank you for changing what I said, obviously you know you can't argue with what I actually said.

I said by the same rationalization CON$ use to claim taxpayer money funds PP abortions, FOREIGN money funds C of C election ads.

CON$ have stood by that rationalization for decades against the left wing PP and now suddenly they reject it when applied to the right wing C of C.

They collect $100,000 per year in foreign dues, which is segregated from their political activities.

And it is not up the Chamber to prove it's innocence, unless you are a neo-McCarthyite.

And you know that how? Cause they said it, right?

And you know that how? Cause they said it, right?

See "501 (c) (4)"

File charges or STFU Obama.

Forum List

Back