Lets help the Chamber of Commerce

They collect how much in foreign dues you say? And how do you know that? Because daddy told you?

:lol: and Revere always does that, he cant remember when a direct question is presented to him :lol:

So Scheiffer says "it's peanuts" and that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections? Um what?

The NY Times says from your quote "there is little evidence that what the chamber does in collecting overseas dues is improper or even unusual". And that proves they dont spend foreign money in elections?

Can you explain how either of those statements prove that no foreign money is used in elections? I'm curious to hear it.

They collect $100,000 per year in foreign dues, which is segregated from their political activities.

And it is not up the Chamber to prove it's innocence, unless you are a neo-McCarthyite.

And you know that how? Cause they said it, right?

Prove your accusation!

Use your own logic, and prove that they are doing what you and the rest of the Obamazombies say they are......

Oh, they are doing b/c the left said it, right?

:cuckoo:

They collect $100,000 per year in foreign dues, which is segregated from their political activities.

And it is not up the Chamber to prove it's innocence, unless you are a neo-McCarthyite.

And you know that how? Cause they said it, right?

Prove your accusation!

Use your own logic, and prove that they are doing what you and the rest of the Obamazombies say they are......

Oh, they are doing b/c the left said it, right?

:cuckoo:

Sit over there...I'll deal with you later. How do you know how much the Chamber collects in foreign dues authoritarians? Come on, tell me that your daddy figure told you and you always believe daddy

:lol:

Sit over there...I'll deal with you later. How do you know how much the Chamber collects in foreign dues authoritarians? Come on, tell me that your daddy figure told you and you always believe daddy

HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE USING FOREIGN MONEY TO PAY FOR THEIR ADS?

DO YOU KNOW IT BECAUSE BIG DADDY OBAMA SAYS THEY ARE?

You statists sicken me....

HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY ARE USING FOREIGN MONEY TO PAY FOR THEIR ADS?

DO YOU KNOW IT BECAUSE BIG DADDY OBAMA SAYS THEY ARE?

You statists sicken me....

foreign funds are used because they aren't allowed to earmark funds for specific things. the funds are paid as dues into a general fund.

that's how he knows.

so you might want to re-think what makes you sick.

personally, foreign corporations giving money to support candidates and policies that outsource american jobs and seek to destroy the abillity of american workers to earn a livign wage make me far more sick.

just sayin'

Why the hell would I donate to a group that supports giving tax breaks to companies that ship our jobs overseas? Isn't that the same as voting against your own intrest?

And 90% of union PAC money is spent on Democrats.

A union response to your claims:

There are strict legal limits that help make our political efforts transparent. Most of our political funding comes from SEIU COPE, which reports its donors on a monthly basis, which cannot accept more than $5000 a year from any one donor, and whose donors overwhelmingly are a hundred thousand low wage workers contributing around $10 a pay period. To the extent we do political work funded by our general treasury, most of which is member to member work funded by and accountable to those same low wage workers. We don't - and can't - solicit contributions from non-members. And of course it is disclosed.

The Chamber and the shadowy 527 and c4 groups that have sprung up after Citizens United - perhaps more aptly called corporations united - are conduits for undisclosed corporate money, pure and simple. We are a union of working people, and the money we spend on politics is money donated by workers. Their attempt to liken us to them in this regard is at best ignorant and frankly wrong.​

Union disclosure unlike other groups' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Why won't the COC disclose?

And 90% of union PAC money is spent on Democrats.

A union response to your claims:

There are strict legal limits that help make our political efforts transparent. Most of our political funding comes from SEIU COPE, which reports its donors on a monthly basis, which cannot accept more than $5000 a year from any one donor, and whose donors overwhelmingly are a hundred thousand low wage workers contributing around $10 a pay period. To the extent we do political work funded by our general treasury, most of which is member to member work funded by and accountable to those same low wage workers. We don't - and can't - solicit contributions from non-members. And of course it is disclosed.

The Chamber and the shadowy 527 and c4 groups that have sprung up after Citizens United - perhaps more aptly called corporations united - are conduits for undisclosed corporate money, pure and simple. We are a union of working people, and the money we spend on politics is money donated by workers. Their attempt to liken us to them in this regard is at best ignorant and frankly wrong.​

Union disclosure unlike other groups' - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

Why won't the COC disclose?

The C of C and SEIU both disclose as they are legally required.

And I said the AFL-CIO.

Forum List

Back